Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What was the first NYC club you ever went to?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tranzmuzik2k1

whatever happened to josh wink? he's been MIA for sometime now

hey he's still around... errr not around up here much tho :tongue:

he has a monthly residency in philly w/ king britt. every last wednesday at fluid. i went a couple of months ago. was off the hook :D

WoW GURL U MISSED EVERYTHING:tongue: :tongue: WELL YA PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING

OR MAYBE WHEN I WAS 16, I THOUGHT TUNNEL WAS THE GREATTEST PLACE ON EARTH AND ITs A TOUGH ACT TO FOLLOW, THOSE DONES R GONE FOR US, AND ITS UP TO US TO GIVE THE NEWJACKS AN EXPERINCE LIKE THAT. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GLITZ N GLAMOUR DAYS OF HUGE SHOES N FEATHER BOAs???? WHERE EVERY1 IN THE CLUB DIDNT LOOK THE SAME ???:laugh: :blank:I DONT KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE PEEPS WHERE MORE INTO IT THEN. NOW IT SEEMS LIKE ITS ALL ABOUT A PLACE TO GO DO DRUGS N HOOK UP, WHAT HAPPENED TO CREATIVITY, BE YOURSELF, AND ALL ABOUT THE DJ THE MUSIC AND ME????

ITS UP TO US TO BRING THOSE GOOD OL VIBES BACK....

SAVE THE DRAMA 4 UR MOMMA........MUZIK IS DA ANSWER:idea:

i would have to say tunnel 97-98 brought me many good memories ... and being that i am a youngin i'll have to go with exit 2000 ... those were some good times ... but thanks to a recent introduction of vinyl (thanks ant) i'll be there every fri ...

OR MAYBE WHEN I WAS 16, I THOUGHT TUNNEL WAS THE GREATTEST PLACE ON EARTH AND ITs A TOUGH ACT TO FOLLOW, THOSE DONES R GONE FOR US, AND ITS UP TO US TO GIVE THE NEWJACKS AN EXPERINCE LIKE THAT. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GLITZ N GLAMOUR DAYS OF HUGE SHOES N FEATHER BOAs???? WHERE EVERY1 IN THE CLUB DIDNT LOOK THE SAME ??? I DONT KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE PEEPS WHERE MORE INTO IT THEN. NOW IT SEEMS LIKE ITS ALL ABOUT A PLACE TO GO DO DRUGS N HOOK UP, WHAT HAPPENED TO CREATIVITY, BE YOURSELF, AND ALL ABOUT THE DJ THE MUSIC AND ME????

SAVE THE DRAMA 4 UR MOMMA........MUZIK IS DA ANSWER

Palladium 94....I was 14:rolleyes: ID's werent as much of an issue back in the day.....

Then ofcourse my favorite home had to be Tunnel Jan 98' to 99.... Damn :Ladies and gentlemen Welcome to the Tunnel" :cry::(

Another fav was Mirage aka Carbon aka Exit:rolleyes:,

it is really sad how clubs aren't the same anymore, but ya know what, its what we make of it. Cause we all complain about it, yet clubbers now think that what venues out now are the greatest as we did when we were their age..not being hypocritical cause I still club, but with every year views change....

yeah i had a couple of nights at tunnel (my first huge club that i went to; but my first electronic music out in the city experience was liquids the same year) like that in 97, back when they would do the catwalk fashion show to some jungle tunes on fridays, but was still mainly a techno/hardcore thing... one time i got really into the music with my newly purchased black ufo's (which i still have!) and glowsticks and this latina chicky was diggin' my recognition of the swing beat in the tune as i was swinging the sticks NOT to the four on the floor bizness but everything else going on and she gave me this look like she was giving up and gave me her glowsticks and just smiled at me and said 'keep it up!' - hehehehe. good times good times. sadly enough, and what u say is true, it didn't remain - the vibe grew into people grindin' in the cages and on the dancefloor, as if it were hiphop not some hardass bangin' techno... sickening. one nation @ tunnel was off the hook (despite the crowd being ridicululously large) and a few other events in '00 and '99 i went to, but nothing will match that do-whatever be-whatever attitude that was there in the mid/late 90's.

Originally posted by anthonyn

WoW GURL U MISSED EVERYTHING:tongue: :tongue: WELL YA PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING

OR MAYBE WHEN I WAS 16, I THOUGHT TUNNEL WAS THE GREATTEST PLACE ON EARTH AND ITs A TOUGH ACT TO FOLLOW, THOSE DONES R GONE FOR US, AND ITS UP TO US TO GIVE THE NEWJACKS AN EXPERINCE LIKE THAT. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GLITZ N GLAMOUR DAYS OF HUGE SHOES N FEATHER BOAs???? WHERE EVERY1 IN THE CLUB DIDNT LOOK THE SAME ???:laugh: :blank:I DONT KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE PEEPS WHERE MORE INTO IT THEN. NOW IT SEEMS LIKE ITS ALL ABOUT A PLACE TO GO DO DRUGS N HOOK UP, WHAT HAPPENED TO CREATIVITY, BE YOURSELF, AND ALL ABOUT THE DJ THE MUSIC AND ME????

SAVE THE DRAMA 4 UR MOMMA........MUZIK IS DA ANSWER:idea: