Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What was the first NYC club you ever went to?

Just a random question 'cause I'm bored...

Within the first 2 weeks of coming to NYU in '96, I went to Limelight (which closed for years the very next week), Palladium, Expo, Tunnel and System.

I don't know what's more telling about how NYC nightlife has changed: that all of those places are closed now, or that at the time, I was 17 and had no i.d. and got into all of those places!

Times sure have changed... but oh, the memories!

xoxo

Alexandra

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webster Hall ....like 1996, but I didn't know anything then. However, since that was my first *real* (ie, DJ didn't mix hip-hop with pop, etc) club experience I was blown away.

But, my real real one - Oakey@Roxy, and the next night S&D@Twilo, November '99!

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

Tunnel 96 :)

OK so I'm 24 my first was limelight in 96' when I was 18, I used to live in NY(weschester). But I could not help but notice some of these young people, your profile says your 17 and in 96' correct me if I'm wrong but you were ELEVEN. WTF, were you doing in a club. When I was under 16 I wasn't even close to thinking about clubs??????? I'm not trying to start drama......just curious.....:confused:

Originally posted by joshwa75

fake club- Exit no id a ways back.

real club- club vinyl

couldn't have been that way back if it was already called exit...

mine was tunnel........

and pgiddy.......a lot of people don't wait till they are 18..to go to clubs...just like most don't wait till they are 21 to drink...HOWEVER..i doubt they were in the tunnel when they were 11.....not sure why people post some things???

Originally posted by misk

couldn't have been that way back if it was already called exit...

mine was tunnel........

and pgiddy.......a lot of people don't wait till they are 18..to go to clubs...just like most don't wait till they are 21 to drink...HOWEVER..i doubt they were in the tunnel when they were 11.....not sure why people post some things???

I wish some people would wait until they are 18 or maybe even 21, thats why you see all these cracked out 15 yr olds at exit, personally I think they are ruining the scene, IMO But who am I to judge, I just refuse to go to there and places of the like.....