Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What was the first NYC club you ever went to?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by clubindiva

jan '99 ~ i went to tunneL!! aww i miss those dayz!! that was the nite that the kid od'd there. i know ive posted this on numerous threads so thats all im gonna say! those were the nites/dayz/then back to the nites~continous partying !! :D

Wow I remember that night well..

They would not lety no one out till like 10AM.

Clubs will NEVER be the same since Gatian is gone..Done...

He invented the real Club expirence from Pladdium to D-tour at tunnel to Disco 2000 At Limelight, he pput the colers in the rainbow and thank goodness I was there to expirence those CRAZY all nighters.. Danny at D-Tour didnt start spinning till like 7AM.. I was one of those troopers chillin in the hallway with that dude with the daisy dukes with the glowstick in the DT formation just jumping at the disco ball, or Astro Earl, or that Silver Guy.

Clubs are not and will never be like they were in the 90, Gatian is gone and so is CRAZY NYC nightlife.

Not even worth going to NYC no more..

Youre absolutly right!!! The TuNNeL was definetly a tough act to follow!!! I remeber the first time I saw DANNY there, and he ToRe the RooF off the Tunnel man!!! It just sucks that now, EVERY SINGLE hot club has closed!! MAY LIMELIGHT, TUNNEL, AND TWILO ReSt In PeAcE!!!!!:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

1st ever? some sketchy asian club that i don't even remember the name of in '99. lol just went w/ some friends from nyu b/c we were freshmen and didn't know any better :rolleyes:

real one... Tunnel '00 quickly follwed by Limelight and Twilo... wish i'd turned 18 earlier :worry2:

JULY OF 1997 at PALADIUM "ARENA"

Maybe JUNIOR VASQUEZ BIRTHDAY PARTY.

DEBORAH COX,"THINGS JUST AIN'T THE SAME"

SUZANNE PALMER"ALRIGHT"

and KIM COOPER(CLUB69)"DRAMA" perfomed.

At first I couldn't understand why people are all naked.:)

On Long Island... 94' Caffiene.. Best club i have ever been too(nExt to buzz DC)

In NYC' was 94' Limelight for Disco 2000 saw Kiekoki.. Was an odd event.. Before NYC club were overun with guidos and wanna be strippers.. Hope i didnt offend anyone =)~ LOL

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Vinyl . . . Danny Howells . . New Years . . .

. . . First Club ever : Firestone '97 . . in Orlando . .

Man i praise you for seeing him play. hes nasty and doesnt play enough in the states.

In May 96, i was 15 and in NYC for a school trip. a friend of mine and i had decided to check out Tunnel 'cause i had read it was pretty hopping those days... we went there and were looked up and down by the doorperson and flatly refused entrance. he didn't even check our IDS! (i didn't have a fake, or even a driver's license... i was just hoping i'd be let in anyway).

so, instead we decided to go to this place called Vinyl that i had heard was less flashy than Tunnel but more down to earth, so we went... and were admitted despite our tender ages. i had a GREAT time dancing all night (the saga began then...), and even met a h0t older raver type. that was also the first time i'd kissed someone with a tongue piercing...