Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van dyk

Wow! All the hype was well deserving. I can not believe that I have never heard him spin before.

so here's my night.

Get to Factory around 10:30, line is around the block already. I see that Paris isn't doin the door, so I'm fucked and have to go to the back. I'm solo mind you, so I had no1 to talk with. After 10 mins or so, a friend of mine from sicktracks saw me and I moved up about 30 people. So 45 mins later, me and another kid are bored, so we go get beer and Mikes hard lemonade. On the way to the store, we see Crobra and misk waiting alllllllll the way around 2 corners on line. So I tell em to follow me when I come back. Yeah so we come back, line moved about 20 yards. Now that I got my fellow CP'ers about 400 people closer to the entrance, me and Crobra decide to go back to our cars and drop off our coats so we don't have to wait on coat check.

We get back and now we r at the first corner, with the entrance now in site. Before we knew it we were all inside.

Yeah. It wasn't packed that bad(around 1:00am when we got in).

No coat check lines at all.

Louis Diaz was spinning excellent, loved every track. then 2am came, and the crowd went bananas when the saw PVD. Now, they made a new dj booth on the balcony area directly across from the stage, so JP's booth wouldnt be used. It was a nice set up if u ask me. They also took down the walls around the stairs goin to the fourth floor. Opened up the club more and it was nice.

OK. SO PVD ripped me apart. I had the best musical night so far in a loooooooooooong time. I could name maybe 3 tracks at most LOL.

Yeah so the club got to be the infamous sardine factory before you knew it, and you couldnt even get to the main floor if u wanted to. Waaaaay too many people. First time that I've ever seen ALL 4 floors PACKED wall to wall and no moving room. Ridiculous.

had a blast hangin with Tecklord, NYCChic, glowdancer, crobra, misk, and the various others that I met for the first time including, dialectics, and exit2heaven(saw the shirt on the stairs and i said hello).

Ok so I left the club at like 7:30... go to my car... yeah I got towed... too close to the hydrant. Anyway... i didnt know where to go since im from the sticks not the city, and i ask one cop... tells me to go to 56th street police station.... they tell me to to to the fuckin Pound on 38th. So i walk from 45th to 56th, then alllll the way back to 38th. WTF :mad:

So after all the bullshit...(about 10 other ppl from factory got their cars towed... the ladie had to call in the cops cause this one kid was goin beserk)....i paid my $150, got my car back, and as I walk to the truck to get my leather coat out, I step in a puddle, and in the puddle is a pile of dog shit. WTF?! :mad: Dog shit inside the garage, in a puddle no less. Luckily I had some rags in my car and my shoes dont have threads.

*SIGH* Finally am home now. Gotta work at 3pm today on my day off that i requested off. Fuckin short staffed!:mad:

Holy shit!!!!

PVD was on key! His best performance in a very long time. He wouldn't stop spinning, ended at 8:45. Closed with For An Angel. He dropped some great tracks, a bunch of tracks from Politics of Dancing too. Holy shit, i'm done. time for bed. I got online at 9:20, inside by 10:15. And closed it out.

So... how was Roxy? All those silly PVD vs. Roxy threads that were posted. hehe. FUnk dat... all of you should have been there last night. Asbolute chaos. i'll post more when i wake up sometime on sunday. PEACE! nice meeting new faces and chilling with old ones as always. Peace out to the twilo crew.

Originally posted by roninmess

had a blast hangin with Tecklord, NYCChic, glowdancer, crobra, misk, and the various others that I met for the first time including, dialectics, and exit2heaven(saw the shirt on the stairs and i said hello).

TRUE TRUE....BTW...factory cherry has been popped....

The only thing that kept me from going is the fact that I knew it was going to be packed like that, plus I saw him at Twilo numerous times so it wasn't a "first time I get to see PVD" type of thing.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed him though.

Yo Robin........DH tonight? lol

Wow! All the hype was well deserving. I can not believe that I have never heard him spin before.

so here's my night.

Get to Factory around 10:30, line is around the block already. I see that Paris isn't doin the door, so I'm fucked and have to go to the back. I'm solo mind you, so I had no1 to talk with. After 10 mins or so, a friend of mine from sicktracks saw me and I moved up about 30 people. So 45 mins later, me and another kid are bored, so we go get beer and Mikes hard lemonade. On the way to the store, we see Crobra and misk waiting alllllllll the way around 2 corners on line. So I tell em to follow me when I come back. Yeah so we come back, line moved about 20 yards. Now that I got my fellow CP'ers about 400 people closer to the entrance, me and Crobra decide to go back to our cars and drop off our coats so we don't have to wait on coat check.

We get back and now we r at the first corner, with the entrance now in site. Before we knew it we were all inside.

Yeah. It wasn't packed that bad(around 1:00am when we got in).

No coat check lines at all.

Louis Diaz was spinning excellent, loved every track. then 2am came, and the crowd went bananas when the saw PVD. Now, they made a new dj booth on the balcony area directly across from the stage, so JP's booth wouldnt be used. It was a nice set up if u ask me. They also took down the walls around the stairs goin to the fourth floor. Opened up the club more and it was nice.

OK. SO PVD ripped me apart. I had the best musical night so far in a loooooooooooong time. I could name maybe 3 tracks at most LOL.

Yeah so the club got to be the infamous sardine factory before you knew it, and you couldnt even get to the main floor if u wanted to. Waaaaay too many people. First time that I've ever seen ALL 4 floors PACKED wall to wall and no moving room. Ridiculous.

Ok so I left the club at like 7:30... go to my car... yeah I got towed... too close to the hydrant. Anyway... i didnt know where to go since im from the sticks not the city, and i ask one cop... tells me to go to 56th street police station.... they tell me to to to the fuckin Pound on 38th. So i walk from 45th to 56th, then alllll the way back to 38th. WTF :mad:

So after all the bullshit...(about 10 other ppl from factory got their cars towed... the ladie had to call in the cops cause this one kid was goin beserk)....i paid my $150, got my car back, and as I walk to the truck to get my leather coat out, I step in a puddle, and in the puddle is a pile of dog shit. WTF?! :mad: Dog shit inside the garage, in a puddle no less. Luckily I had some rags in my car and my shoes dont have threads.

*SIGH* Finally am home now. Gotta work at 3pm today on my day off that i requested off. Fuckin short staffed!:mad:

wait you saw misk??:confused: the misk that i know??

anyway i would have went but i drank toooooo much and passed out :sigh:

It doesn't surprise me that he was on point....he kicked ass at Ultra and I was told he threw an awesome set at Space......I knew it was going to be packed in there whew after DT's bash @ Space I couldn't be crammed in with a bunch of aliens again so soon........

that sucks about your car...

Here's what I thought of it...

PVD was great, as was Luis Diaz

It was great putting the DJ booth where it was, making it easier for the crowd to see the DJ. Is that the permanent setup that all the DJ's now use?

From 1 am to 7:30 am, the crowd was not so great - it was hard to be on the main floor without getting pushed and shoved around

I also thought that SF's ability to hold a crowd of such size wasn't so great. Are all of PVD's US gigs this packed?

Also, for some reason, the doors didn't open until 10:20 pm, just after the weather started to turn windier and colder. I dunno whether that had to do the door people not being ready or pulling some kind of BS, or Luis Diaz not being ready.

For the next time seeing PVD, maybe I should wait until I can do so in Berlin again... here were the advantages, at least at the Columbiahalle where I saw him:

1. Cheaper - 35 DM = about $18 US

2. Shorter wait in line

3. PVD spins two sets - he opens, then a guest comes on, then he closes... for a total of 9 hours of PVD

4. Good size crowd, but didn't feel jam packed (well as for the Love Parade itself, that's a different story). I could move around easily if I needed to. Maybe he's not as big over there as he is in the US, or people were saving themselves for the Love Parade the next day or perhaps were at one of the other zillion parties going on in the Berlin that night.

5. The booth is somewhat accessible - I was able to get his autograph there :)

6. Food was served - well I had to pay for it, but still it was available for when I needed it

7. There was an outdoor area to cool off if needed (however, it was nice that the main floor at SF had some breezy spots)

Well that was supposed to be my first time seeing PVD, but its hard for me to really say I saw him, considering I couldn't get anywhere near the main floor all night. I spent the whole time on the 4th floor, because it was the only place with enough space to breath, let alone dance. I don't know how packed Sf usually gets, but that was an absolute joke. Just because 10,000 people show up doesn't mean you have to let them all in. Just way, way, way too many people. It was like nothing I've ever seen.

To make matters worse, I've never seen a more cracked out crowd in my life. Was there anyone there who wasn't tweaked off their face? No wonder people call it Crack Factory. Just an aweful vibe all the way around. I prefer clubs were people go because they love the music, love to dance, and love to just enjoy themselves; SF seems to be all about getting real fucked up and posing with your chemically/surgically enhanced body. PVD was fine, but I'll never go near SF again as long as live.

Nice soundsystem though.

Originally posted by bsb2002

Well that was supposed to be my first time seeing PVD, but its hard for me to really say I saw him, considering I couldn't get anywhere near the main floor all night. I spent the whole time on the 4th floor, because it was the only place with enough space to breath, let alone dance. I don't know how packed Sf usually gets, but that was an absolute joke. Just because 10,000 people show up doesn't mean you have to let them all in. Just way, way, way too many people. It was like nothing I've ever seen.

To make matters worse, I've never seen a more cracked out crowd in my life. Was there anyone there who wasn't tweaked off their face? No wonder people call it Crack Factory. Just an aweful vibe all the way around. I prefer clubs were people go because they love the music, love to dance, and love to just enjoy themselves; SF seems to be all about getting real fucked up and posing with your chemically/surgically enhanced body. PVD was fine, but I'll never go near SF again as long as live.

Nice soundsystem though.

not to start DRAMA but its not the club its the people hun.

other than that it sucks you had a shitty time for so much money. i am kinda glad i didnt go now

i wasn't there......:confused:

PVD was insane. He ripped one joint after the next, but then again I expected nothing less. I thought the crowd was great too. People complain of not being able to get to the dance floor, well I didn't have that problem at all. When you looked at the crowd, yeah it was packed, but you can be polite and find your place to dance. Pleased to see a more music loving crowd and there were not that many juice heads. Got there at 9 to avoid lines which i am very glad I did. Left at 8:30 and i'm pissed that I missed for an angel especially since our car got towed anyway. Peace to all the people that had to deal with the NYPD and the towing bullshit. They must of had extra people on staff just waiting to tow all those cars. Bastards. All in all a great night and I will see PVD any chance I can get. What an experience!!!

Originally posted by wallflour

Here's what I thought of it...

PVD was great, as was Luis Diaz

It was great putting the DJ booth where it was, making it easier for the crowd to see the DJ. Is that the permanent setup that all the DJ's now use?

From 1 am to 7:30 am, the crowd was not so great - it was hard to be on the main floor without getting pushed and shoved around

I also thought that SF's ability to hold a crowd of such size wasn't so great. Are all of PVD's US gigs this packed?

Also, for some reason, the doors didn't open until 10:20 pm, just after the weather started to turn windier and colder. I dunno whether that had to do the door people not being ready or pulling some kind of BS, or Luis Diaz not being ready.

For the next time seeing PVD, maybe I should wait until I can do so in Berlin again... here were the advantages, at least at the Columbiahalle where I saw him:

1. Cheaper - 35 DM = about $18 US

2. Shorter wait in line

3. PVD spins two sets - he opens, then a guest comes on, then he closes... for a total of 9 hours of PVD

4. Good size crowd, but didn't feel jam packed (well as for the Love Parade itself, that's a different story). I could move around easily if I needed to. Maybe he's not as big over there as he is in the US, or people were saving themselves for the Love Parade the next day

5. The booth is somewhat accessible - I was able to get his autograph there :)

6. Food was served - well I had to pay for it, but still it was available for when I needed it

7. There was an outdoor area to cool off if needed (however, it was nice that the main floor at SF had some breezy spots)

You saw him in berlin last year too!! That was an awesome night and there is nothing like nice bratwurst when you are feeling hungry!!

On the way to the store, we see Crobra and misk waiting alllllllll the way around 2 corners on line.

I'm not misk, I'm MIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Where is the dj booth now?

On the balcony overlooking the main floor that is above the big bar (in other words, not the side that leads down to the stage)

It looks like they took away the couches on those balconies. Does anyone know if that was done just for the PVD event, or has it been like that for a while?

Oh young PVD trainspotter, how you need to be trained :)

He played many tracks that are on Politics of Dancing and were in his February set at the Rosenmontags Rave

Too bad he didn't play (his remix of) "Never Fuck" :)

He also threw in some classics like:

Goldenscan - Sunrise

PVD - Tell My Why

He played "For an Angel" for the final encore

There were many other tracks he played that I didn't recognize.

Originally posted by bsb2002

Well that was supposed to be my first time seeing PVD, but its hard for me to really say I saw him, considering I couldn't get anywhere near the main floor all night.

Didn't you see the video screens, which switched between showing visuals and showing live shots of the DJ (first Diaz, then PVD) ?

first, rob i am sorry to hear about your car -- that sucks :(

second, do you remember saying that to me on the 3rd floor by the entrance. lol boy were you funny :tongue:

and although i've been sick all week and knowing my mom and sister were driving in from boston today for Easter and the "crowd factor" , I went to PVD last ngiht and i dont regret it at all! He def lived up to all the hype and then some! :D

...I went with some friends that are anti-factory and they admitted that a) it wasn't as bad as they thought and B) we agreed that the club handled the amt of ppl there fairly well. i mean c'mon everyone expected there was gonna be a line but i guess its when you actually turn the corner and see the line down the west side highway and go "oh shit " :eek: they got ppl in the door, searched and checked i think fairly quickly and with relatively lil hassle . *one friend got there at 11:30 with the line already wrapped onto 45th street -- it only took an hour. now i thnk thats a fair time.

so i was elbowed, tripped, knocked into, knocked over, pushed, pulled, cursed at, stepped on, had drinks spilled on me, cramped, crowded, sweaty, surrounded by people i wouldn't even look at in real life, couldn't find a place to chill without fighting a bunch of cracked out drugged up post-fratters all for the privilage of sitting on a rock in the quiet room whereupon a little man with a mop proceeded to ask me to move. for this honor i waited on a line that went around not one but two blocks, paid $40 admission and $11 for a watered down vodka and imitation red bull. all this to fight for the glimpse of a dot of a geeky german boy up on high.

GOD WAS IT WORTH IT.

by far the best extended dj set i've seen in a long time. paul van dyk was wonderful... switching between anthemy trance goodness to darker progressive, or something funk-infused... and then some crazy leftfield shit, always keeping it fresh and interesting.

throughout the night i kept on saying "wow that's it. i'm dropping out of grad school and producing trance full time." damn i was inspired.

it was good to hear the sound system vary - the bassbin heavy main floor (where i hung out until either my legs, lungs or ears gave out) and the top floor with its clean, crisp sound (a little too clean for my tastes, too much precision and too little warmth - but that's ok)

i always shunned SF, but kudos for them for keeping the line outside moving fast (though i did cut 80% of it) and the bathroom lines short. could have used a LOT more bartenders though - they were far understaffed in that department. the crowd was definitely not the type of people i would normally want to hang out with, but everyone was there to party and with few exceptions (like the guy pushing me on the stairs - a big fuck you to you, asshole) everyone was very cool. a lot of very good looking people that night... wish it was less crowded but it started to thin out at 6.

but again the real draw was PVD - wow, what a night. he just "did it" for me. i was half tempted to hide in his luggage and just go wherever the music went.... normally i don't like extended dj sets unless there is a side room with a different dj to mix it up when you need a change, but pvd kept me going all night. a lot of stuff i haven't heard before, though many trax from "politics of dancing" and live sets i've dl'd thrown in.

shouts to the the cp people i met: crobra, roninmess, teklord (sorry i kept blathering on and on about rutgers), glowdancer, nycchic... also to the young lady i chatted up who studied neroscience... you're beautiful :)

peaz,

rob