Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Draper vs. DT

the two should have a spin off :D

when Danny spun at Factory for thanksgiving, he packed it to the limit. and i dont think its Draper who packs the clubs, its just the same people who feel at home at Exit. i dont tihnk they go for Drapers "unique" style of mixing, or lack thereof.

Danny T on the other hand can pack any club anywhere in the world. example. at WMC in miami, Space was packed to the LIMIT for DT, cause it was considered THE party of the week. it was more packed for him than it was for PVD or Tiesto ( i was there for all of em!)

DT is one of the most popular and most respected DJs on the planet.

i think comparing TD to DT is like comparing the Backstreet Boys to the Beatles (and hey, a lot of peoiple do)

D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ReginaP

:laugh2::laugh2: Draper vs DT...lol...I just fell off my chair laughing...

Speaking of DT, anyone go last night? It's been 2 weeks and I need a fiiiiix :D

~~~i almost fell offf my chair too hehe

DT was great as usual last nite not the best i ever heard him but good enough for me!!!! club wasnt too packed but iwas sooo tired i only stayed for like 2 hours:( a lot of sf headz were there

Originally posted by ReginaP

:laugh2::laugh2: Draper vs DT...lol...I just fell off my chair laughing...

Speaking of DT, anyone go last night? It's been 2 weeks and I need a fiiiiix :D

yea...this is my irst post back in a loooong time, and its worth it cuz i popped my Friday Vynil cherry last night.... all i have to say is... VYNIL IS THE ANSWER (u were right jon)

amazing music, good after hours club since SF was shitty last night

defintely goin back there from now on

Originally posted by elementx

Besides Draper has a young crack head following... DT has a more grown up and more tastefull following...

Peace...

Are you kidding me??? Lets go to Vinyl and count how many people there are crack heads and then tell me if DT's following doesn't have crackheads.

Originally posted by airatomic

yea...this is my irst post back in a loooong time, and its worth it cuz i popped my Friday Vynil cherry last night.... all i have to say is... VYNIL IS THE ANSWER (u were right jon)

amazing music, good after hours club since SF was shitty last night

defintely goin back there from now on

:)

This guy has to be Asian..

Exit is the WORST club I have ever been at!!

Tunnel 97-97 at 5 AM you could not move..

Danny plays something diff every time u listen like candy to the ears, you dont know what he will sample spin while draper drops the same shit all the time!

Originally posted by siceone

I would just like to point out that Tony draper TD is DT backwards....

YES, someone finally got it. DT / TD = total opposites in everything. Venue, style, crowd, ect

I gotta admit, I just wanted to see where a thread with this subject would go :D

Originally posted by karch

Are you kidding me??? Lets go to Vinyl and count how many people there are crack heads and then tell me if DT's following doesn't have crackheads.

Hmmmmmmm... Those morons showed up after a few clubs got closed down in NYC. All in all DT has one of the cleanest Followings... Of course you have the groups that come for the drugs... But that is everywhere... I guess what I am trying to say is that most... and let me hence the word most DRAPER followers are newbies to the club scene or just have no taste in music... And most and let me hence MOST again... Most DT fans like the music and have taste in the music and go out for the music... Key Word MUSIC... And Danny knows how to get his croud up... PERIOD...

Originally posted by elementx

Hmmmmmmm... Those morons showed up after a few clubs got closed down in NYC. All in all DT has one of the cleanest Followings... Of course you have the groups that come for the drugs... But that is everywhere... I guess what I am trying to say is that most... and let me hence the word most DRAPER followers are newbies to the club scene or just have no taste in music... And most and let me hence MOST again... Most DT fans like the music and have taste in the music and go out for the music... Key Word MUSIC... And Danny knows how to get his croud up... PERIOD...

a couple points

last time i went to vinyl was the B2B party like 2 fridays ago, hung out with SpikesNJ all night, it seemed like every 10 minutes security was throwing out another kid for drugs, so dont even start with that argument that draper has the drug crowd and DT's is only going there for the music........Exit has a bar, or many of them, does vinyl? the bartender, if u want to call it that, at vinyl, called the bar a "ROLL ENHANCEMENT BAR", exactly....

also, i like that argument that people go for the club, not necessarily drapers skills, i definitely believe that, does draper get paid 25G's to go out to the hamptons and spin for 10 hours? highly doubt it

but it is true, draper can and does move a crowd, he has a large following, who cares who his following is, a person is a person, and he packs out a large venue over and over, if you like that fast style shit, go see draper, and u will definitely have a good time, im sure he isnt as good of a technical dj as DT, but then again, who cares, people like that type of music, so they go listen, this board represents a minority, not a majority, remember that......

also, taste in music?? everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, i personally am in love with the deep dark tribal tenaglia drops, but if a 19 year old girl wants to go out with her crew and listen to some hard beats, then who cares? is her taste worse than yours? not at all, some kids actually like to jump around exit for 6 hours a night, i used to be one, then i got older, more laid back, changed tastes, and now like to chill at vinyl and enjoy that scene, but i still like to jam to fast jams off my winamp, taste has nothing to do with it, that is a bad argument, it has to do with taste, end of story......

lastly, do you think factory heads go there for JP or for the scene that they have built? it is a given that every sat there will be juiceheads and hotties, that is just a flat out given, if they change djs on that night to vicious or PVD, or even Devito, do you think the crowd would move to follow peters? yes, there are those die hard fans that love his work, but the majority go for the scene....the juiceheads/chicks/drug atmosphere....the scene....

See you all out in the hamptons memorial day weekend, Neptunes it is!!!!!!!

Originally posted by apotheosis

Regardless of opinions, Draper packs 'em in 5000 strong every Friday. As opposed to DT (which alot of this board favors) who does not.

It's not just this board.. it's not just any board.. it is GENERAL information that DT is a better DJ.. that doesn't mean people CAN'T like Draper more, but when you honestly get down to it, DT is a better DJ. I can't believe you would post something like this.. I thought you were better than that.

:blown: :blown: :blown: :blown:

Dude last time I went to Exit on Friday when Draper spun There where Asians spraled out drooling and buggin out all over each other it was Nasty.. The same bass line all night long the only phat song he threw down was a phat remix of dessert miss the rain other then that sucked.....

Danny spins shit u never heard before and prolly never will in awile till he throws it down agin..

Originally posted by codica3

I can't believe you would post something like this.. I thought you were better than that.

Looks like your fucking blind, why not look just 5 posts above yours to what i wrote before you start with stupid comments.

omg i cant believe this. i used to go to exit all the time when i first started clubbing and i didnt know shit. everyone who goes to exit gos cuz the like the club itself, not draper. honestly i love the roof and i love the snow machine but draper doesnt do shit for me. i cant believe you think its draper that packs the club. anthony nero had it packed too and it wasnt cuz nero has such a huge following (i gotta say nero ripped it better than draper ever could) but because people like to go to exit. its huge and its commercial. obviously the most commercial clubs get the biggest crowds. they fucking have ktu there all the time think about that. the 5000 people that go are high school kids that listen to ktu and think that a dj scribble club mix of fucking pink or backstreetboys is real club music. all you that would even think about comparing draper to dt are so ignorant of the music that you shouldnt even be posting.

Originally posted by karch

so youre saying that exit is crackhead free?

LMAO!!!!

thanx i needed the laugh

everyone who goes to exit gos cuz the like the club itself, not draper.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dont make such a stupid generalization. There are so many people that didnt go to exit when draper left. And im not saying that draper is the reason exit is packed becuase i know exit will still be pretty packed just because its exit. But still Draper does have a crowd that follows him, and he brings mroe people to exit. And if it wasent for draper i prob wouldnt even go to exit because exit scumbags everyone with their false promises, plus the crowd of all the chinese people is ruining the club.

Originally posted by £ddie

These Draper threads shold be shot. What a waste of bandwith. It's no sense in arguing with Draper fans. :blank::rolleyes:

Exactly...its a lost cause. Draper fans are misguided, pig headed, and blind......kinda like Draper himself. Just please oh please all you Draper fans just stay in Exit.

i knew it had to be a joke mikey, cause its just too messed up, draper and his fans are the reason the general public, especially most of the kids down here in UofDelaware, think that the scene is all about getting really fucked up and listening to BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM de de de de de BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM....give me a casio keyboard and 30 minutes, and i'll give you tony drapers next hit...not opinion FACT:hat:

give me a casio keyboard and 30 minutes, and i'll give you tony drapers next hit...not opinion FACT

If this is a fact then its also a fact that you arent too smart, because if you can give people drapers next hit then why dont you:rolleyes: Why arent you spinning at any clubs then, and why arent you making money djing if you can:rolleyes:

Originally posted by xhead247x

If this is a fact then its also a fact that you arent too smart, because if you can give people drapers next hit then why dont you:rolleyes: Why arent you spinning at any clubs then, and why arent you making money djing if you can:rolleyes:

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

I just might do that over a tony draper thread :rolleyes:

I love it when everyone gets so mad over draper, its great. You guys need to relax and not let it get to you. All you have to do is not go to exit on a fri night and you never have to hear draper.

Originally posted by xhead247x

wow your an idiot, i think the person who made the comment was just trying to make a generalization about draper... ;)