Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mauro Picotto...

Mauro has his own sound the"BXR sound"...lot of main stream djs play mauros stuff.....marcov, johan, Armin(only Back to cali(push))

Yes mauro does a lot of major festivals....money is good, but at the same time he goes to places in Asia and South America and western europe where not that many big name djs go

These are his tour dates:

11 JULY IBIZA @ AMNESIA CREAM

12 JULY BERLIN @ LOVE NATION

12 JULY BERLIN @ LOVE PARADE (DAY) AMSTERDAM @ SENSATION (NIGHT)

13 JULY IBIZA @ JUDGEMENT SUNDAY

19 JULY LAUSANNE @ MAD

20 JULY ITALY @ PADOVALAND

23 JULY IBIZA @ GODSKITCHEN

26 JULY PORTSMOUTH U.K. @ GUESHKY

27 JULY U.K. @ GODSKITCHEN GLOBAL GATERING

30 JULY IBIZA @ EDEN

02 AUGUST MUNICH @ KW

03 AUGUST GERMANY @ NATURE ONE

06 AUGUST IBIZA @ GODSKITCHEN

09 AUGUST ITALY RICCIONE @ COCORICO

10 AUGUST ZURICH @ W.W.

11 AUGUST IBIZA @ EDEN J.S.

14 AUGUST ITALY JESOLO @ AIDA

17 AUGUST HOLLAND @ MISTERYLAND

18 AUGUST U.K. LEEDS @ RADIO ONE

22 AUGUST IBIZA @ AMNESIA CREAM

23 AUGUST BIRMINGHAM U.K. @ CODE

24 AUGUST GERMANY @ LIBERTY ONE

27 AUGUST IBIZA @ GODSKITCHEN

31 AUGUST IRELAND @ CREMIELDS

06 SEPTEMBER BELGIUM @ ANTWERP IS BURNING

07 SEPTEMBER GERMANY @ UNIVERSAL

check out his set from Qlimax...it shows his new style...but he has gone more techno latley

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bsb2002

ok, i haven't heard him lately, but all his productions, even the recent stuff is pretty much hard house, though certainly more techno-ish than most. And I've never heard any legit techno dj play any of his stuff. Hey, if what you say is true and he's really gone techno (actually a lot of his stuff sounds like what people were calling techno about 8 years ago-think CJ bolland -but anyway..) and sounds like Umek and co., then more power to him, i'll even check him out if thats true, but i kinda doubt it. after all, look where he gets booked outside the u.s.a.- godskitchen, gatecrasher, stuff like that. oh well, you've peaked my curiosity at least.

That's why he do's 6hr sets cos his sound is totally different to the normal Crasher sound so they handed him the whole night.His current sound is definatly techno but it is more commercial compared to someone like Hawtin,Clarke Umek etc etc I think if you are into 'proper' techno you wouldn't like him,a lot of people who like him,me included haven't heard any techno other than Picotto so think he is good.Then you get the people who listen to Hawtin etc etc who think he is crap.

Originally posted by starshaped

That's why he do's 6hr sets cos his sound is totally different to the normal Crasher sound so they handed him the whole night.His current sound is definatly techno but it is more commercial compared to someone like Hawtin,Clarke Umek etc etc I think if you are into 'proper' techno you wouldn't like him,a lot of people who like him,me included haven't heard any techno other than Picotto so think he is good.Then you get the people who listen to Hawtin etc etc who think he is crap.

rob! you posted in the ny forum! :eek::D :D yesss!

Originally posted by dreamdrops

dont forget to check out Joy kitikonti at GKGG....he is a master at mixing....

I've already seen him twice warm up for Mauro but there are loads more people i would rather see on the bill so i doubt i will be checking him out this time.

Originally posted by starshaped

agree with what you and dreamdrops said.. he has his own sound.. but if you really wanted to classify it, I would call it a mash up of techno and trance, consisting of chugging techno beats with elements from trance used over the top.. the "purists" tend to hate anything that strays from what they're used to.. personally, I say fuck that. If that's their thing, so be it..but don't shit on it just b/c its different. Hawtin and Umek are more *bleepy* techno, rather than the pumping, more encompassing sound picotto is pushing. his tracks actually have some SUBSTANCE! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DAVE CLARKE!! but he plays a very different brand of techno. There is no rule that says you can only listen to one kind of music! minimal techno has its place, but I believe, so does 'the bxr sound' that picotto pushes.

Originally posted by nychunk

What ever happened to Mario Piu? Either way, I've never been to ARC/Vinyl so I think this will be a good 1st time for me in OCT

he's still alive and kickin, the chubby hubby! he's so adorable.. i saw him at turnmills and gatecrasher white party.. i think he's really underestimated-- he kicks ass live! :D

i hope he comes around to nyc

Originally posted by lasix

agree with what you and dreamdrops said.. he has his own sound.. but if you really wanted to classify it, I would call it a mash up of techno and trance, consisting of chugging techno beats with elements from trance used over the top.. the "purists" tend to hate anything that strays from what they're used to.. personally, I say fuck that. If that's their thing, so be it..but don't shit on it just b/c its different. Hawtin and Umek are more *bleepy* techno, rather than the pumping, more encompassing sound picotto is pushing. his tracks actually have some SUBSTANCE! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DAVE CLARKE!! but he plays a very different brand of techno. There is no rule that says you can only listen to one kind of music! minimal techno has its place, but I believe, so does 'the bxr sound' that picotto pushes.

i would agree with most of that, nothing against picotto or variety, its just that when people throw around the word "techno" they mess with a lot of history, its like throwing "garage" around- it has a meaning and a history, and a tradition that people, rightly, feel defensive of and attached to.

Originally posted by bsb2002

i would agree with most of that, nothing against picotto or variety, its just that when people throw around the word "techno" they mess with a lot of history, its like throwing "garage" around- it has a meaning and a history, and a tradition that people, rightly, feel defensive of and attached to.

agreed.. properly referred to as "techno snobs". hawtin himself is probably one of the biggest.

www.fucktrance.com

a handful hang out on naughtybooth too..

unfortunately, techno is too loose a term to be confined to one thing in this day and age. go back to 1994 and it was a bit easier.

Originally posted by lasix

agreed.. properly referred to as "techno snobs". hawtin himself is probably one of the biggest.

www.fucktrance.com

a handful hang out on naughtybooth too..

unfortunately, techno is too loose a term to be confined to one thing in this day and age. go back to 1994 and it was a bit easier.

heheh i wouldnt say "fuck trance" but that lineup for this gods kitchen fest is a little ridiculous its like total trance fest with a bit of uk hard house. wtf??? not even a house or drum 'n bass room....progressive house yes, but then again prog is more trance than house anyway so i still consider it "trance".

i dont see a lot of techno snobs on NB.....they all seem like ex-twiloites who are into prog. if you think those guys are techno snobs you havent met my friends yet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: they hate hawtin even. if its not from detroit or berlin it sucks. hahahaha.

Originally posted by dr0ne

i dont see a lot of techno snobs on NB.....they all seem like ex-twiloites who are into prog. if you think those guys are techno snobs you havent met my friends yet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: they hate hawtin even. if its not from detroit or berlin it sucks. hahahaha.

the techno snobs only come out of the woodwork on threads like this one.. if this was posted over there.. trust me they would jump all over it. but yeah, almost everyone else is ex-twiloite-prog-heads.. but I love them anyway :D

It is a long way away, but it is something to look sooooooo forward too. Picotto is amazing. If you ever heard him live, you know what I am talking about. And if you never heard him live, do what ever you have to do to hear him. You wont be sorry, but you will be sorry if you dont hear him.:cool:

Originally posted by vitotheguido

It is a long way away, but it is something to look sooooooo forward too. Picotto is amazing. If you ever heard him live, you know what I am talking about. And if you never heard him live, do what ever you have to do to hear him. You wont be sorry, but you will be sorry if you dont hear him.:cool:

you're soooo right on the money with that...

seriously fellas, if yuo havent been to a picotto event, you have to put it on your life's to-do list...it is truely a unique expierience...i saw him in DC, and the best way i can describe is when the moment he comes on to the moment he's finished, you've felt like you been smacked repeatedly in the face...think HARD, multilply it by 10, and you have some idea what you're in for....picotto is seriously a sick and deranged individual...

Guest saleen351

saw him at space last month, best music i've ever seen, makes american djs look silly.... i'm a new tech head, but my ears still hurt...

look at my sig....