Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sopranos

Originally posted by marcid21

yups...this season the structure seems a bit different....Def much more drug use...and I think they're giving the watchers a clue as to whats going down. In the past with certain storylines we've had to read between the lines...but this season they're making it a lot more obvious ((just one ex. what Tony has in store for Chris ))

...but tell me...am I the only one that pissed myself with that Hunchback of Notre Dame / Norstradamus (sp) comparison? I think I laughed for like 5 minutes....

oh...and I have to love it...they gave my hometown, Clifton, a useless plugg.... :aright:

:laugh: kiwazimoto(sp)preditcated this

tony:what

you know the end of the world

you idiot thats was nostasdamus

:laugh:

Originally posted by zeeker

yeah, no shit...his whole breakdown in the Pine Barons episode, his decision to not continue looking for the Russian and the mayo on his chin that Tony points out are all pretty good indicators that he's not gonna last too much longer

and the fact that Tony has left him in the clinker to rot. I think that the guy he was on the phone with is trying to use him as well.....

Originally posted by stacychase

and the fact that Tony has left him in the clinker to rot. I think that the guy he was on the phone with is trying to use him as well.....

...i think that is the new york boss he was talking with at the end of last season.......

....marciD....CLIFTON!! lol....i knew that one was coming because they had to call and make sure that there was no real detective with that name..........

.....this episode i think had a lot more 'NJ' in it....like town names..and location shots....italianissimo...clifton...whippany...i think they were in nutley when watching the retirement party...

. . . I Personally liked the beginning of the season . . It was a perfect episode NOT to give us a glorified version of organized crime but the nitty gritty and harsh realities that a lifestyle like that can bring . .

. . . From Carmella harping Tony about retirement and the future . . to Tony 'bonding' Christopher to him by telling him who shot his father . . .

. . Tony trusting in christopher even tho christopher's drug use is starting to spiral out of control. . .

. . . The economy starting to erode the loyalty of Tony's major captains . .

. . . . The whole question of Ralphie and Tony's sister's involvement with him . . .

. . Johnny Sak and Paulie Walnuts conversing while Pauly was in jail . .

. . And finally, and this is probably the most important piece of foreboding . .and probably the most powerful piece of realization that Tony has had since the series began . . . Tony's conversation with Dr. Melfi at the end about how "there's only two ways to go for guys like me . . Killed or in the Can" (I'm approximating) . . THAT is the 'shark' coming to a complete stop, looking around itself and realizing the disgusting predatory and evil life that it leads . . . It's a fatalistic 'acceptance' of the greusome end that mobsters usually come to . .

. . . this is further backed up with the shot of him going into the back yard early in the episode and seeing the bushes shake and cracking a smile . . then looking kind of let down because it ended up being a squirrel . . .

. . Tony's 'looking' for death because he knows that it's the only way that he will attain freedom from that which pains him and at the same time gain some kind of 'satisfaction' because the danger in and of itself is the only thing left that makes him feel alive . . .

. . .:aright: . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . I Personally liked the beginning of the season . . It was a perfect episode NOT to give us a glorified version of organized crime but the nitty gritty and harsh realities that a lifestyle like that can bring . .

. . .:aright: . .

...i totally agree.....i mean...i love the show....for entertainment....but a lot of people think it's all about being a tough guy...having money blah blah....and until it's close to home ....u have no clue how NOT like that it is!......it's about living in fear that your father/husband is not coming home that night cause he is dead or in jail......everyday

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

I think the daughter is so NOT hot. People are so stupid thinking she looks like anything in her pictures. She's HIDEOUS in real life! Hideous.

she's def not hot. Hideous might be an overstatement, but she's bangable nontheless.

i felt that this first episode was kind of lame, but it does set up the story line for the next episode. Also, i dont know who knows it but when tony and silvio went into the club to yell at ralphie and the other two guys, the guy in the middle is a rat. He was the one tony said " dont talk about teh economy" to. he was in a car with the fbi in the first episode of the third season, for literally 5 seconds. I think he will make trouble.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . this is further backed up with the shot of him going into the back yard early in the episode and seeing the bushes shake and cracking a smile . . then looking kind of let down because it ended up being a squirrel . . .

. . Tony's 'looking' for death because he knows that it's the only way that he will attain freedom from that which pains him and at the same time gain some kind of 'satisfaction' because the danger in and of itself is the only thing left that makes him feel alive . . .

...i actually thought he was disapointed because he is still trying to get the ducks back...remember how the ducks stayed at his pool the one winter..and i think that symbolized "life and growth" to him...it brought him a sense of joy...so he is looking for those positives to come back into his life but is not finding any success...and perhaps that is aiding in him coming to these new revelations about the finality of a crime boss...

...just my 2 cents...