45th Andrew Weatherall 50

46th Billy Nasty 49

47th Underworld 49

48th The Chemical Brothers 49

49th Guy Ornadel 45

50th Ed Rush & Optical 44

Originally posted by greyskyy

Uneducated people can vote too.

Precisely. That makes these things where people "vote" for their favorite DJ's so worthless.

I am especially peeved when people send me emails telling me I should vote for DJ's I know personally so they can show up higher in the rankings... sorry but if there are DJ's that are better than the ones I know personally, the ones I don't know are still better and still deserve to be ranked higher. Unfortunate thing with oakenfold is that *everyone* knows his name, so every tool that wandered off the TRL voting site puts him down as #1. :blank:

but he really doesn't deserve to be in the top 25, let alone #1. but as a live DJ, he desn't live up to the hype like he used to...I saw him at World last year and of the 5 hours I was there, he spun for barely more than an hour. Eddie Bang, who closed for him, was so much better. And as far as his mixing, I've got two words for you...

Swordfish Soundtrack.

PVD, Tenglia, Cox, Fontaine...those are all guys I've seen who go for hours. Not that that's the prime judging criterion, because if it was, then JP and Junior would be on the list as well. It's just that Oakie's quality has gone down in recent times, and there are very few people out there who would argue with me on that.

:eek: :eek: I just realized, I've probably opened a HUGE can of worms by mentioning Jonathon Peters in this thread... Let the Factory heads begin!

I will be the first out of the can to say that I love going to Factory! But not because JP is the best. I have been known to jump on a speaker and ring the trainwreck bell. JP creates a good time but has trainwreck a few to many times for me to vote him best. But I like what he does, and I have not heard anyone else like him. Factory is fun and the hardest club to leave. Might be the people I go with though, who knows.

Howells last Saturday though..........WOW!!!!!!!!! Between 4 and 5 he dropped a base line that was unlike anything that I have ever heard. Followed by some sick breakbeats. That was the best 3 hours of music that I have had the priviledge of listening too.

Originally posted by johnmichaels

I will be the first out of the can to say that I love going to Factory! But not because JP is the best. I have been known to jump on a speaker and ring the trainwreck bell. JP creates a good time but has trainwreck a few to many times for me to vote him best. But I like what he does, and I have not heard anyone else like him. Factory is fun and the hardest club to leave. Might be the people I go with though, who knows.

Howells last Saturday though..........WOW!!!!!!!!! Between 4 and 5 he dropped a base line that was unlike anything that I have ever heard. Followed by some sick breakbeats. That was the best 3 hours of music that I have had the priviledge of listening too.

That is my quote,,,,, I think JM would agree with the Howells comment, but he is not a big fan of the Factory....!!

Sorry John Michaels...... opps.... :( :(

Originally posted by LogiKandReasoN

This list proves dat the majority of the public are complete idiots.

oh my god you tool...who are you to say that people who don't like the same kind of music as you are idiots. I love how some of you posers like to play it off like you are part of some clubbing elite. die slow fuck face.

all i have to say is to each his own....i think electronic music should take a page out of sports in voting for manager or coach of the year, and vote for the best colleague. have 300 global dj's vote on a ballot for a top 3 or 5 dj's. this way, theres mutual respect, and i am sure it would be gratifying that these guys are well respected by they're peers. just a thought. :rolleyes: