Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>RAVE or CLUB?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do teen clubs count?? if so, my first experience was in 94 at infiniti's on bell blvd in bayside, where a relatively unknown dj skribble started spinning ( in the midst of ybt breaking up). then in 96 i went to sprats in westbury, now known as the infamous mirage. then carbon as first city club later that year. first rave in 97. loved it. thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

in 1990 (i was 12) me and my friend spent an afternoon calling all of the bars and clubs in the yellow pages to see if we could get in. we were stuck in the suburbs of nyc with nothing to do - and we didn't know any better. the bars had no idea what we were talking about "whaddya mean how old do you have to be? to do what?" even then, we just wanted to dance.

fast forward to 2001, my friend actually started a local party in our town... catering to the rave set who would otherwise have nothing to do like we did back in the day. funny how insignificant events like that effect you when you're older.

Well I have a few

First club was "teen Night" at The Meadowbrook in NJ 1986

First NY club was Mircales in Nanuet 1988

First NYC club was Limelight back in 1993

First rave was either THE Orb @ roseland or Maskerave 4 @ the NY Colesium

I been going ever since

How many people use to go to Dancertia? They played all kinds of music put in 15 min intervals. Like hip hop , for 15 then house for 15 then reggae for 15

Wow 17 years I been going to clubs, Damm am I old :eek: