Clubplanet Nightlife Community

before u totally give up on exit...

just give it one more chance!!!!

ok i know i know i know it sucks lately. how do i know? bc for some crazy reason, ive been there for the past 2 months (maybe longer - but i havent been paying so that helps...) ANYWAY!!! i know it is not how it used to be. 3 years ago, exit was one of the best places in nyc, maybe even the US to go out... packed all the time, great vibe.... and now.... no one even wants to go inside.

BUT!!!! just try it one more night... this fri june 6 (doors open at 11 but u can use the lists up to 1 i think, but the guys at the door dont like me much so dont quote me on that). so the reason to attempt to come to this huge club that barely fills up anymore? bc a bunch of the kids that r spinning - well, they have actual talent. so ur gonna hear djs that actually know what theyre doing. and bc it will be a good crowd. fun, young (but not 16 except for the prom kids ewww) people who just love to dance. I PROMISE U THERE WILL BE A LOT OF DANCING. and the music will be good... and we r hoping to get a lot of people out... people that used to go to exit and tunnel and limelight 3 or 4 years ago.

its $20 if u get presale tickets, and its $25 if u use the lists. and i mean what else is going on this fri right?

just try it out... bc if enough people go, then maybe things will pick up at exit and it wont suck anymore, thats what we r hoping for. so before u laugh at this post, and i know a lotttttt of people will, just think about it. if u want an incentive, they r reallllly lenient on dress code at the door bc the crowd has been quite small lately, girls can wear pretty much anything, and even guys can wear comfy clothes, sneakers, whatever. so please - when ur making fri night plans, just consider exit. and before everyone tears this thread to pieces... just know that i have seen exit packed and thats why im trying so hard to get it that way again (even tho i am sure i will get laughed at for doing it...)

and... i hear they may even bring back the snow. ;)

Originally posted by leener4269

ok i know i know i know it sucks lately. how do i know? bc for some crazy reason, ive been there for the past 2 months (maybe longer - but i havent been paying so that helps...) ANYWAY!!! i know it is not how it used to be. 3 years ago, exit was one of the best places in nyc, maybe even the US to go out... packed all the time, great vibe.... and now.... no one even wants to go inside.

BUT!!!! just try it one more night... this fri june 6 (doors open at 11 but u can use the lists up to 1 i think, but the guys at the door dont like me much so dont quote me on that). so the reason to attempt to come to this huge club that barely fills up anymore? bc a bunch of the kids that r spinning - well, they have actual talent. so ur gonna hear djs that actually know what theyre doing. and bc it will be a good crowd. fun, young (but not 16 except for the prom kids ewww) people who just love to dance. I PROMISE U THERE WILL BE A LOT OF DANCING. and the music will be good... and we r hoping to get a lot of people out... people that used to go to exit and tunnel and limelight 3 or 4 years ago.

its $20 if u get presale tickets, and its $25 if u use the lists. and i mean what else is going on this fri right?

just try it out... bc if enough people go, then maybe things will pick up at exit and it wont suck anymore, thats what we r hoping for. so before u laugh at this post, and i know a lotttttt of people will, just think about it. if u want an incentive, they r reallllly lenient on dress code at the door bc the crowd has been quite small lately, girls can wear pretty much anything, and even guys can wear comfy clothes, sneakers, whatever. so please - when ur making fri night plans, just consider exit. and before everyone tears this thread to pieces... just know that i have seen exit packed and thats why im trying so hard to get it that way again (even tho i am sure i will get laughed at for doing it...)

valiant attempt, I must say. I'll be there.

props for that passionate plea. :aright:

but... they got A LOT of shit to fix in there before the masses start filling the place in again. you know that. everyone knows that.

good luck anyway. i do have good memories of the place tucked in the back of my mind.. so no hatin' here. ;)

ill let Highmay have this one

so avalondon where is the meetup?..........watch he'll come back with a gf or mom joke :rolleyes:

man ohhhhhhhhhh man,

HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN.............

FOR A TIME EXIT WAS THE FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY THAT KEPT ON ROCKING, PACKED EVERY SINGLE WEEK, MUSIC WAS SICKKKKK AND THE VIBE FROM THE CROWD WAS AWESOME, NEVER HAD A DULL MOMENT IN THERE!!!!

BUT THEN "SOMETHING HAPPEND" AND EXIT COLLAPSED LIKE A TON OF BRICKS, AT FIRST I WAS DISAPPOINTED AT THE FACT THAT NO ONE WANTED TO GO TO THERE ANYMORE AND YET I CONTINUED TO GO BUT AS TIME WENT BY I STARTED TO LET GO AND NOW I REALLY DO NOT CARE MUCH FOR THAT PLACE ANYMORE, ITS BECOME COMMERCIAL, CHEAP AND JUST DOWN RIGHT HORRIBLE.

FOR THOSE WHO USE TO GO THERE YEARS AGO....YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END, WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN SO CANT WE JUST ALL FORGET ABOUT IT.

EXIT- R.I.P

Originally posted by kind3

man ohhhhhhhhhh man,

HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN.............

FOR A TIME EXIT WAS THE FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY THAT KEPT ON ROCKING, PACKED EVERY SINGLE WEEK, MUSIC WAS SICKKKKK AND THE VIBE FROM THE CROWD WAS AWESOME, NEVER HAD A DULL MOMENT IN THERE!!!!

BUT THEN "SOMETHING HAPPEND" AND EXIT COLLAPSED LIKE A TON OF BRICKS, AT FIRST I WAS DISAPPOINTED AT THE FACT THAT NO ONE WANTED TO GO TO THERE ANYMORE AND YET I CONTINUED TO GO BUT AS TIME WENT BY I STARTED TO LET GO AND NOW I REALLY DO NOT CARE MUCH FOR THAT PLACE ANYMORE, ITS BECOME COMMERCIAL, CHEAP AND JUST DOWN RIGHT HORRIBLE.

FOR THOSE WHO USE TO GO THERE YEARS AGO....YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END, WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN SO CANT WE JUST ALL FORGET ABOUT IT.

EXIT- R.I.P

:laugh: :laugh: mighty have fallen and sick music :laugh::blown:

for the people who think they may come out, please do!!!!

and for those who laughed and insulted... i expected it. believe me - i know the place is the pits. i know its not the same as it used to be. and i know no one goes there anymore... but for on night cant u just come back and check it out instead of hitting up vinyl/arc as i know many clubplaneters do. just try... and if it sucks - never go again, make it ur one last big night at the biggest club in ny. u have to admit the club itself has character, its fuckin gorgeous since they remodeled 25 times thinking that would bring people back. plus if u get enough of ur friends there, then the vibe will be hot right? i can assure u the music will be.

but yeah... im pathetic, im expecting to get ranked on, and yet i still want people to come bc the people spinning r my friends and i want everyone to see them in action therefore... i ask nicely once again to please think bout coming out. and for those who said they r coming.... U WONT BE DISAPPOINTED! (i hope) aright see u friday..........

also, if this is such a waste of a space highmay, how come u added to the post. ;) i enjoy the posts, good or bad, bc at least it gets people talking bout exit and thats all i want.

oh and im not a promoter, im not getting paid shit to do this, and i dont have a list... so now im even more pathetic than before right? bc im not even getting money to back this place. i just wanna dance :)

for the people who think they may come out, please do!!!!

and for those who laughed and insulted... i expected it. believe me - i know the place is the pits. i know its not the same as it used to be. and i know no one goes there anymore... but for on night cant u just come back and check it out instead of hitting up vinyl/arc as i know many clubplaneters do. just try... and if it sucks - never go again, make it ur one last big night at the biggest club in ny. u have to admit the club itself has character, its fuckin gorgeous since they remodeled 25 times thinking that would bring people back. plus if u get enough of ur friends there, then the vibe will be hot right? i can assure u the music will be.

but yeah... im pathetic, im expecting to get ranked on, and yet i still want people to come bc the people spinning r my friends and i want everyone to see them in action therefore... i ask nicely once again to please think bout coming out. and for those who said they r coming.... U WONT BE DISAPPOINTED! (i hope) aright see u friday..........

also, if this is such a waste of a space highmay, how come u added to the post. ;) i enjoy the posts, good or bad, bc at least it gets people talking bout exit and thats all i want.

oh and im not a promoter, im not getting paid shit to do this, and i dont have a list... so now im even more pathetic than before right? bc im not even getting money to back this place. i just wanna dance :)

One thing that you're not realizing, is that not only don't a lot of people want to go to Exit because of how it's run, or the fact that it's empty now, or security, etc... but especially this Friday, i don't think that many of the people who post regualrly on here would like the music that's gonna be played. Mike Brewi, Ralphie Smooth, Opa...they're all cool kids, and I'm definitely gonna go to support them....but, I doubt you'll find a lot of their fans on this board. Plus the whole Exit classic thing has been done to death, especially in the last year. If I go, it'll be because a lot of my friends will be there, and it would be nice to spend one last night in the place that I have been going to for awhile now. If it wasn't Exit's last night, I'd probably go somewhere else.

i know... i know... no one knows who they r. but thats why im actually trying to get people to go - to hear them. (well some of them anyway.) and ill admit it - another one of my friends is spinning in an upstairs room so i want people to hear him as well bc he is better than any person who has been at exit recently, but he has no exposure whatsoever and is too lazy to do anything about it. i just hate it, bc when i hang out with these kids and they spin in my place or theirs and i hear their amazing mixing, it makes me want them to be out at big venues and have everyone hear them, so thats why im pushing this... to hopefully get an ear or two listening, not that anyone who even goes to exit even fuckin knows what to listen for.... but for the "club" people who actually know about the music, i figure this may be as good as any reason to reach them... i mean even tho i rarely post on this crap, i do check it out to see if theres anything good out there u know? so while i agree that the exit classics has been done to death... i think some of these kids r not even really gonna be doing that - i mean besides exit itself and the snow, im hoping the music will be good and like u said a lot of ur friends r gonna be there, well me too - the small group at exit that has stuck by these kids bc they r friends with them is a pretty cool bunch of party-ers. so im hoping to get a few more people out, to hear some good music, and just have fun... whether it works or not doesnt really matter right? i just want my boys to have someone listen to them besides me for once! and i want someone else to be in the middle of the dance floor and not just me and the old guy who is always at exit. so ill see u there whoever u r :) and hopefully other people too.