Clubplanet Nightlife Community

We Need Roxy Fridays Back

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

let me know when this Roxy Friday Reunion is.....

so i can go to vinyl

Serg, I mean this in a loving way but....

STAY AT FUCKING VINYL THEN-- WE DONT WANT U AT ROXY!

Roxy fridays was about the courtesy, the way the place was run, the great MUSIC we heard. Who cares if everyone had on A/X or Diesel. So what? Everyone at Vinyl wears jeans and sneakers.

And Vinyl is such a wonderful place right that has NO flaws right? Like DT throwing someone out of the club for lighting a cig on the dancefloor is a place i really wanna chilll. Like DT requesting "No cell phone use" on the dancefloor so you cant call your friends and leave messages about how DT is ripping it. Thats really cool.

Dont get me wrong. Im not knocking DT as a DJ but honestly you knock Roxy like there's nothing wrong with Vinyl. If you prefer to stay there, good. Stay there. No need to knock us tryin to have again in NYC.

Sexy Fridays was a party for the people. We asked for acts, DJs, ideas, ect, and they ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Only now we realize how spolied we were. Bob--you let me know if i can help in any way to do this up one last time and we can actually party and have fun in NYC on a friday night once again! Stage Crewwww!!

:rock:

Mike

Originally posted by BobG

...who knows..It would be great to see the roxy stage crew back in full effect..sexy dee, mike bugout, larry, ronin, nychunk, joe diesel and everyone else who came and had a good time..your opinions are valued and the

proof is that the roxy wants to do this one night again..and like I said..if its successful which I think it will be...who knows..what do you think?

You know we are there for you Bob.....

Make it happen :rock:

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Roxy fridays was about the courtesy, the way the place was run, the great MUSIC we heard. Who cares if everyone had on A/X or Diesel. So what? Everyone at Vinyl wears jeans and sneakers.

And Vinyl is such a wonderful place right that has NO flaws right? Like DT throwing someone out of the club for lighting a cig on the dancefloor is a place i really wanna chilll. Like DT requesting "No cell phone use" on the dancefloor so you cant call your friends and leave messages about how DT is ripping it. Thats really cool.

Dont get me wrong. Im not knocking DT as a DJ but honestly you knock Roxy like there's nothing wrong with Vinyl. If you prefer to stay there, good. Stay there. No need to knock us tryin to have again in NYC.

Sexy Fridays was a party for the people. We asked for acts, DJs, ideas, ect, and they ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Only now we realize how spolied we were. Bob--you let me know if i can help in any way to do this up one last time and we can actually party and have fun in NYC on a friday night once again! Stage Crewwww!!

Mike

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I totally miss Sexy at the Roxy...i was there almost every friday over the summer, except when i was on vacation...i met soo many good people there & still talk to them now & just recently we were talkin about how much we wanted it all back...

If it was soo good last summer & there was the shore & the Hamptons & Roxy was still packed...

:laugh: the smoking ban isn't DANNY'S rule, dopey, it's the CITY'S rule. smoking inside the club puts vinyl at risk for being slapped with some nice hefty fines! :idea:

and what losers call up their friends to tell them how a dj is "ripping it". please, get a life! :rolleyes: you can use your cell phone at vinyl just go to the arcade--big inconvenience huh? :rolleyes:

roxy fridays was a teeny bopper dance party in a roller rink, nothing more. vicious sucked since management/promoters felt he had to "play to the crowd". good riddance. :peeleft:

Originally posted by asianvixen

:laugh: the smoking ban isn't DANNY'S rule, dopey, it's the CITY'S rule. smoking inside the club puts vinyl at risk for being slapped with some nice hefty fines! :idea:

and what losers call up their friends to tell them how a dj is "ripping it". please, get a life! :rolleyes: you can use your cell phone at vinyl just go to the arcade--big inconvenience huh? :rolleyes:

roxy fridays was a teeny bopper dance party in a roller rink, nothing more. vicious sucked since management/promoters felt he had to "play to the crowd". good riddance. :peeleft:

ya, but its not up to Denny to police the club - he needs to get off his high horse and start paying more attention to playin music then what people on teh dance floor are doing (smoking, drugs, whatever)

Mike

:D

i know Danny is a major hypocrite...he calls it Be Yourself but then u cant do some shit u wana do...

look @ it this way..u miss ur Roxy Fridays..u want them back..i miss my Vinyl Fridays I want them back ..if roxy opened back up on Fridays im sure the vinyl crowd would go back to what it used to be because the Roxy crowd could go back to Roxy

there's a lot u guys arent seeing with this whole roxy friday stuff...maybe its cause im an outsider and im looking @ it objectively..but u guys seemed to be gettin duped from the get go...

but thats just me...no beef....if i offended anyone i actually am cool with im sorry..if i dont know u and i offended u..i dont care

Roxy Fridays was definately the greatest. Every positive thing said about Roxy Fridays is totally right. I went there almost every Friday it was open last year... probably missed 8-10 fridays while it was open. The hospitalility was great from the people working there. From the DJs, to the door people, to the people inside.....everything was great. So many great memories. Even on the some nights when there wasn't many people there, there wasn't another place I could think of that I would rather be at on a Friday night. Definately gotta bring back Roxy Fridays.

Originally posted by smokesum

best party in nyc history????

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you people really are clowns

im sure hes jokin since he hated roxy. i went there a few times to support johnny the 1st week and his bday. ill just say i felt like i should of set a playpen up and babysat, bunch of wannabe tough guys pushing 5' 9" 165lbs wit there shirts off, fun to watch but gets annoying. no party at the roxy compares to "big fridays" so all u kiddies who actually think sexy at the roxy was any good get a clue or keep eating pills.