Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SF S & M party review

a little while after i got there i saw a stage show. to sum it up, there were some people with wierd masks on and then this conan the barbarian character comes out and starts fighting all of them. then he holds up a severed head that looks like medusa. kind of like in i think it was clash of the titans, correct me if i'm wrong. everyone cheers and then he starts making out with the severed head. somehow i feel that stageshow sums up how my experiences always are at soundfactory. there's lot of juiceballs and i wind up confused as to what's happening.

as for the other stageshows i saw, i must say very disturbing. there was a girl who hung weights from her vagina and shoved balls up her ass and then another show was a devil pours melted jello all over a girl and then pretends to bang her out. interesting.

as for the crowd, i walked 2 feet and i was in asia. i walked another 2 feet, i was in mexico. i walked 2 more feet and there's some juicehead that keeps looking at his muscles. i wanted to tell him, yeah buddy, they're muscles, they're not going anywhere. no matter how many times you check, they're still gonna be there. other than that the crowd was how it usually looks and the music was so-so.

Guest djdrip2002

came in at 9am to a progressive set that went on till 10 and it was pretty good. Then some with some girl layed out on a table and she was gettin abused by the barbarian guy. Started playing a shitload of bongos and congos from that show at 10 till around 230 with a few vocals and another show of a guy gettin hung by his knees gettin swung around bleeding. Around 245 he starts playin a bangin proggy set once again and then went on till around 415. 245- 415 was great music wise. Left at 5 to stand by me

Originally posted by djdrip2002

came in at 9am to a progressive set that went on till 10 and it was pretty good. Then some with some girl layed out on a table and she was gettin abused by the barbarian guy. Started playing a shitload of bongos and congos from that show at 10 till around 230 with a few vocals and another show of a guy gettin hung by his knees gettin swung around bleeding. Around 245 he starts playin a bangin proggy set once again and then went on till around 415. 245- 415 was great music wise. Left at 5 to stand by me

Do you know what mix of Stand By Me?

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

Do you know what mix of Stand By Me?

not the stand by me ur thinking of, its a jp production.

now my review, left my house at 930 got there at 1230, that traffic was herrendous. music had its ups and downs as usual, from around 7-9 was the highlight of the night for me, crowd was herrendous, floor was like an inch worth of water, so dancing was pretty ruff, but i made the best out of the night, had as much fun as i could have, def expected alot more though

TRAFFIC WAS A PAIN IN THE BALLS! Because of that stupid bike race they had 11th Ave closed all morning so we had to park in a garage on 55th and 12th and walk down to 46th. And the traffic from the Cruise Ship Piers wasent helping either.

Music was good Jonathan had played better but he wasen't bad..

I don't know what was with the thin crowd this year. Last years S&M party I got there at like 1pm and the place was wall to wall mobbed.

It was good to hear him rock "Let The Sunshine" and the "In Your Eyes" Acapellas.

The only thing I wasent feelin was that Tease with "Blackwater" around 4:30.

All in all "decent party" but WAS NOT worth the 50 Dollar Cover Charge

I gave SF one more try after having sworn not to go there ever again. Crowd was terrible to say the least. Music was terrible, hours and hours of filler music. His mixing was good, but as usual, the track selection was awful. Get this man some new records. GTI and Madonna are more played out than Lil Kim's vagina. Oh and I thought this was an S&M party. Why the fuck are "Let the Sunshine" and "Black Water" being played at an S&M party, where the theme is supposed to be EVIL. :rolleyes:

And to boot, was it necessary to spray the crowd with some noxious chemical that had me gagging during one of the shows? So basically, I paid 50 bucks to hear shitty ass music, be holed up together with sweaty degenerates, and got sprayed with who knows fucking what. Never again.

:blown:

got there at 1p left at 9, thought the music was fair at best, i've hear A LOT better from him on non theme nites. Place was WAAAYYYY to hot for the first five or so hours i was there. Between the water on the floor, and how fucking hot it was and the bad music, not may people were dancing. Highlite of the nite musically was GTI and the Luz version of like a prayer...but i've heard him rip the shit outta both tracks waaaaaayyyy better other nites...

...all in all, it was not one of the greater nites i had in factory, and proves my theory on why i like reg nites better then theme nites - less money, less trash in the crowd, and less money spent at the door...how can u go wrong?

b

yeah...what is the deal with people not dancing as much anymore these days.....not dancing at SF....are you kidding me, you would think that would be unheard of, but I have noticed that also...

and berniec, I agree with you...I like non-theme party nights the best myself.....get there at 7am with your crew of 5-10 or more and rock it out with plenty of room and less cash at the door.....

And thats why you go the week AFTER The theme party...figured this one out along time ago.

Given...I do go to my share of theme parties but SnM isnt one of them...

Music after a theme (as far as ive noticed) is always better. I dont know why...JP just kills it the week after a theme. It gets waaaaaay too packed in there sometimes. Im also not down with seeing people being tortured and shit...its not my thing.

Im going this weekend and then its almost time for the HALLOWEEN PARTY! One of my fav's by far.

Factory is changing and always has been...you either go with it...or you dont.

Tek

here we go...jp and the parallel to the moon...

he spins best when its a low tide and the humidity is about 87% to 89% but no less or more...if its the day after his dealers birthday he doesnt spin that well , he's still recovering from the night before..but the weekend before his birthday he drops a sick tech set because he's warming up...

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

And thats why you go the week AFTER The theme party...figured this one out along time ago.

Given...I do go to my share of theme parties but SnM isnt one of them...

Music after a theme (as far as ive noticed) is always better. I dont know why...JP just kills it the week after a theme. It gets waaaaaay too packed in there sometimes. Im also not down with seeing people being tortured and shit...its not my thing.

Im going this weekend and then its almost time for the HALLOWEEN PARTY! One of my fav's by far.

Factory is changing and always has been...you either go with it...or you dont.

Tek

agreed, music on nites either the week rite b4 or the week rite after is usually really on point,. I dunno if i'll make it there this week (gotta see how the week goes), but i'll be there for halloween, mostly b/c a lot of ppl i kno are goin that nite (the reason i end up goin ot most themes)...i'll be skippin on S&M from now on tho, i missed most of the shows (got there at 1pm) so i didnt get to see the ppl being tortured, but the music was enuff to keep me away, reg nites are sooo much better...only thing is that the crowd can either be 100% better or worse on a regular nite.

Guest djdrip2002
Originally posted by ghhhhhost

he spins best when its a low tide and the humidity is about 87% to 89% but no less or more...if its the day after his dealers birthday he doesnt spin that well , he's still recovering from the night before..but the weekend before his birthday he drops a sick tech set because he's warming up...

haha nice one :)

anyways blackwater was pretty bad.... def didnt like wat he did with it.... but i def enjoyed the nice hard proggy set from 245 - 4. Shit was bangin as hell. Threw down some nasty ass tracks that represented the s&m theme hard and dark. Stand by me needs a dub. That vocal is horrible. Tune is pretty good i like how it sounds.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

he spins best when its a low tide and the humidity is about 87% to 89% but no less or more...if its the day after his dealers birthday he doesnt spin that well , he's still recovering from the night before..but the weekend before his birthday he drops a sick tech set because he's warming up... [/b

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: