Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I got a send a big FUCK YOU to Sahara on LI

For 2 weeks they have been advertising Johnny Vicious for the grand opening. They did radio, they took an ad out in one of the NY Newspapers, the sent constant e-mail bombs hyping up theur NU-Fridays party.

Ok not only was Johnny Vicious not there, but some of the staff members told people in the club when they asked "When is Johnny Vicious Going on ?" the response from the club staff was "This is Johnny Vicious he is playing now".

C'mon Johnny Vicious is like a trademark character with the long hair, and his style of play. Let me tell you whom ever was spinning was not even comprable.

It's one thing to have a DJ or an act cancel that at least is respectable, but it's another to tell your patrons a line of bullshit....

So Sahara :finger:

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

:idea: who gives a shit?!

its like being upset that screech from saved by the bell didnt make it to the oscars

Now that shit is mad funny ghost ,

It true, i mean if you say someone like Ferry Corsten or Van buuren didnt show up its a different story, Vicious to me is like Elvis Duran from the Z morrning zoo coming there

Who cares

He was there, we were drinking with him at the bar when they cut into his set to play hip-hip.... So if you want to send a fuck you to Sahara.... do it for the right reasons, the fact that they ruined a good night by cutting off GOOD music to play absoulute shit. They just couldn't leave well enough alone right ?The hour of hip hop before Vicious went on was fine, I was actually dancing and having fun... But people came out to hear JV not fucking DJ Riz. SO SAHARA:finger: :finger: :finger: Fuck You...

JV was there so what are u talking about? One thing u must know is that this is not the Roxy or some city club that plays 12 hour house sets. If u dont like hip hop, then dont come to a party that advertises house and hip hop unless there are 2 seperate rooms. House is good shit but realize that hip hop is bigger than its ever been and the majority of the people love that shit. Unless its a so called "House Club" with no other rooms of music, that's what your gonna get no matter where u go. If u dont like the hip hop, go get a drink, take some pills, try to bag a girl, do something except complain. This is NYC and hip hop is huge whether u like it or not. It's not like they played 2 hours of it at Sahara, maybe 2 - 45 min sets. Remember, Its not Roxy, Factory,etc....

Originally posted by billythonar

JV was there so what are u talking about? One thing u must know is that this is not the Roxy or some city club that plays 12 hour house sets. If u dont like hip hop, then dont come to a party that advertises house and hip hop unless there are 2 seperate rooms. House is good shit but realize that hip hop is bigger than its ever been and the majority of the people love that shit. Unless its a so called "House Club" with no other rooms of music, that's what your gonna get no matter where u go. If u dont like the hip hop, go get a drink, take some pills, try to bag a girl, do something except complain. This is NYC and hip hop is huge whether u like it or not. It's not like they played 2 hours of it at Sahara, maybe 2 - 45 min sets. Remember, Its not Roxy, Factory,etc....

*gonna grab some popcorn and just sit back and wait for the sparks to fly*

Originally posted by billythonar

Hip hop is HUGE... I grew up on the older styles while still enjoying what was around then, 80's music, etc...

But don't disrespect house music. Hip hop by far is dominating the U.S. market and is growing elsewhere, but house/electronic dance is a global sound thats accepted except for our retarded country... I love the U.S., but some politicians should be fed to Sigfried's tiger.

Second; I wasn't there so I can't judge on the situation... but if they cut into Johnny's set early to play hip hop, and he wasn't in full agreement, that shit is FOUL and disrespectful. You do not do that to an established artist, its etiquette... and it does exist, even in club culture.

And finally, don't associate pill popping with house - its attitudes and ignorance like those comments which ruin the electronic scene in the U.S., especially for those who do devote their talents to it.

And as I said, I respect and enjoy hip hop, shit I was in the hip hop room of Avalon last weekend for at least an hour and a half... while the guys i manage were playing the main floor. Dont disrespect the sounds of house... I can easily call hip hop a 'pot smokin, gang ghetto warfare startin, over some dumb fuckin egos, with no respect and nearly 0 value' type of music.

On a side note: Im sure Johnny was there unless there was a cancellation or you didnt see clearly? There is not way he'd let anyone advertise his name without showing, thats not right.

Originally posted by crystalmethod

Hip hop is HUGE... I grew up on the older styles while still enjoying what was around then, 80's music, etc...

But don't disrespect house music. Hip hop by far is dominating the U.S. market and is growing elsewhere, but house/electronic dance is a global sound thats accepted except for our retarded country... I love the U.S., but some politicians should be fed to Sigfried's tiger.

Second; I wasn't there so I can't judge on the situation... but if they cut into Johnny's set early to play hip hop, and he wasn't in full agreement, that shit is FOUL and disrespectful. You do not do that to an established artist, its etiquette... and it does exist, even in club culture.

And finally, don't associate pill popping with house - its attitudes and ignorance like those comments which ruin the electronic scene in the U.S., especially for those who do devote their talents to it.

And as I said, I respect and enjoy hip hop, shit I was in the hip hop room of Avalon last weekend for at least an hour and a half... while the guys i manage were playing the main floor. Dont disrespect the sounds of house... I can easily call hip hop a 'pot smokin, gang ghetto warfare startin, over some dumb fuckin egos, with no respect and nearly 0 value' type of music.

On a side note: Im sure Johnny was there unless there was a cancellation or you didnt see clearly? There is not way he'd let anyone advertise his name without showing, thats not right.

well said :aright:

I don't think he was disrespecting House, I think he was making a point about how big hip-hop is. And I'm not denying that it is. I was making a point that the club was packed to see JOHNNY VICIOUS. Nobody came out to that club to listen to Hip-Hop. When the owners/promoters put together a night to bring in a big name HOUSE DJ, you have to figure that the crowd is going to be a HOUSE crowd. So why piss off more than say 75% of your customers by playing a type of music that the MAJORITY of the crowd DOESN'T WANT TO HEAR. I can't speak for the entire club, but the people that I was standing near all seemed REALLY PISSED that they cut into JV's set to play hip-hop. People were yealling to shut the shit off, put JV back on, etc... A DJ can't build a quality set if your cutting into it to switch music styles. There is no flow to the night. And as far as someone saying that we should expect this from a LI club, well, nowadays I guess we should, what with the rise of the LI Suburban Gangsta Army.But, this place used to be Cyberia, which was a house club with a damn fine resident, Jason Ojeda. And it used to be packed EVERY FRI NIGHT that he spun. So why not keep it House on Fri nights and have your mix crowd on Sat, thats why they hired Barry Hoffman for Sat nights, cause nobody spins cheese like him. The point is this, it's their club and they are gonna do what they want, but they are turning a deaf ear to what ALOT of people are saying.. Hip-Hop is huge, but it ain't for everyone, esp the absolute SHIT that is being produced these days. Chingy- Right Therre is a shinging example of this- I mean seriously WTF? If this is the type of shit I have to listen to for an hour and a half to hear JV or another quality House DJ, I'm just gonna save my $ for a city club that gets the message. And I hope somehow the message gets to these club owners, but it's not likely. :banghead: I'll get off my soapbox now.

JV was 100% there!!! Started off with As the Rush Comes, Never, Traffic lots of Tiesto it was great. Then he throws on Lethal Industry the place goes nuts and right at the end of the song the mix into Bon Jovi or some Born to be wild shit!:mad:

The crowd was a JV crowd and they played way to much Hip Hop! So many people left after the hip hop came on late. We struggled through it to hear his second set. I was hoping we could turn this into our friday night place, but with all the hip hop forget it.

I have been hearing the same hip hop songs in the clubs for the past 5-7 years it has not changed at all!