Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Year's Eve in NY

Hey. Does anybody know where I can find out some information about clubs in NY that me and my girlfriend can go to on New Year's Eve. Preferably trance/techno/house, no rap/hiphop/latin etc... I read somewhere that a club (can't remember the name) charged $150 for last years NYE. Are these the kinda prices I would be looking to paying? If not, then what is the average kinda price. Thanks if anyone can help.

Andy

Keep checking here, there will be info soon enough, as CP will have its extensive events listing and will be a ticket outlet for most of the parties.

Average price for NYE is around $150-200

(btw, if anyone wants to see some video of Tiesto @ World for the last NYE, it's on his "Another Day at the Office" DVD)

However, Arc and Centro-Fly had theirs for $35-40. I dunno if that will still be the case this year though.

IMO, Arc was a great deal, if you didn't mind having champagne as the only option for alcohol.

Originally posted by smokesum

SANDER AT ARC!!!!!!!!!!

GOIN BE AWESOME

unless CENTRO got DIGGY AGAIN

it would be amazing if centro got diggy -

when the fuck is he coming back to nyc???

def not dissing sander@arc tho - gonna be awesome for sure...

i went to saci last year for new years.....the place now changed into the hot new place SHOW...designed after moulin rouge. the tickets were 100 bucks each..and this was the cheapest place i could find. it really sucked too. it took forever to get there b/c the cops closed off all the streets and it was located right in times square....there was an open bar from like 10-11 but we didnt get in till like 11:01 of course....and it was impossible to get to the bar. it was so fuckin crowded it was like infuriating..honestly...do not go into the city on new years eve...it is a waste of time and money. especailly if you are goin with wyour girlfriend....it is just not any fun. i went with my boyfriend and we ended up gettin mad at each other b/c the whole night was just really aggravating. i would say stay away,....but if you must go....get there reallly early....and be prepared to spend at least 100-200 on tickets and at least 200 while you are there. we ended up buying a bottle so we could sit in vip cuz the floor was too crowded...and my boyfriend spent about 400...it was retarded!

michelle

Originally posted by SFsuperstar

last year i went to a club called capitale where paul oakenfeld was spinning. it was $250 to get in, retarted huh?? then i went to sf and paid another $100 but had way more fun there haaaa.

...So let me get this straight...you paid 350 bucks to go out on NYE...You're a sucker...:aright:..

Originally posted by phuturephunk

...So let me get this straight...you paid 350 bucks to go out on NYE...You're a sucker...:aright:..

ya tell me bout it. i had to borrow money from friends. i flew there too, i booked my flight at like 12 for 4pm flight. my friends were already there. i did stay at the parker meridian for 2 nights and didn't pay though, so that was good.

Originally posted by SFsuperstar

ya i did not feel the music there. the place itself was nice though, fucking HUGE!!! did you walk on the balcony and look down???

Yeah, I thought the place was actually really nice. This year I'm getting out of town and going to Santo Domingo for vacation.

Originally posted by smokesum

SANDER AT ARC!!!!!!!!!!

This is where i will be :cool:

it's official and confirmed, Sander will be playing in New York for New Years Eve.......Arc and Sander have decided that it would be a great end of a great year for Sander at Arc...Sander's personal comment was that of a happy happy bunny...." This is amazing, New York on New Years Eve has always been one of my dreams and now it came through, i'm very thrilled about doing this"

http://www.sanderkleinenberg.com