Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Year's Eve in NY

I really want to go to Avalon for Sasha, but its going to suck I bet. Last time I seen Sasha/Digweed at Space in Ibiza, and it was so crowed I couldnt enjoy myself. It was seriously dangerously packed, to the point where someone could have gotten stampeded I think. Thats the only thing that sucks about Sasha, its always too crowed in my expierience =(

• 2 weeks later...

So I've made plans to go to nyc for new years eve but i keep reading that it's a bad idea.... anyone out there want to say anything good about going?

Also about how much is your average drink at the clubs? We're trying to decide if it's worth paying extra for open bar...

Where should I go? I need a place that'll play some latin and hip hop... my girl doesn't like techno/trance/house...

oh yeah and I might be going with two unders

scruffe: Try webster hall... that place has something for everyone, and with all the hoopla it should provide some entertainment, and I believe they do allow youngsters...

Last year I flew out to LA for NYE... I can't pass up one location with Paul Van Dyk, Crystal Method, Mark Farina, Danny Howells, Tall Paul... that was a blast and half!

This year Sasha & Sander are the only options... One will have kids, the other will be way too packed...

I guess I should fly to LA again...

Avalon LA is doing a coast to coast Sasha/Digweed... I guess via stream?

But Oaky/Sandra Collins/Danny Howells/Crystal Method will have to do...

I guess its clear where the dance scene lives, and where its dying...

Yeah that's what we were thinking. A friend lives nearby and she said we could use her apartment as long as it's cool with the roommate. We figured we'd stay there if it turns out the roommate is going home.

I'd definitely be up for sasha but it's not just about me.

Thanks for the info.