Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nots for 2004

the pulse section in the post banned severl celebrity trends to continute into the new year. from what i remember they are:

1. jessica simpson's too orange tan

2. low rider jeans...

3. the bondage look (was it faith hill who wore a thousand layers?)

4. trucker hats.. that's obvious.

5. and way too many extensions a la christina and beyonce.

so wtf is in for this year.. i might as well get rid of half my warrdrroobbe. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mssabina

in/out lists are so pointless. people are going to love/hate different things no matter what someone tells them they should or shouldn't be wearing.

Agree, as long as you feel good with what you are wearing there is no doubt you will LOOK good.

i think that when they mean "lowrider" jeans, they mean the disgusting, "you can see the top line of my pubes, look straight down my ass crack and stare at my atrociously high thongs" - kind of lowrider jeans... as worn by people like britney spears, beyonce.

those can DEFINITELY GO.

i think low rider, as in - riding on the hips, hitting below the navel -is ALWAYS IN. those are the most comfortable way of wearing jeans, period. i don't ever recall wearing anything, even the pants of my suits, above my navel.

more OUTS, please:

- UGGly boots

- those damn hobo bags shaped like a moon

- Louis Vuitton logo print (SO UGLY, it's not even real leather, but i think i'm the only one that thinks so :blown: ) or any bags with logos all over it

- anything with "J'Adore Dior" written in 1 foot writing (i like Dior a lot, i just find these over the top shirts tacky) or any logo for that matter

- chandelier earrings (leave these for the grandmas, please)

- any sneaker or timberland like shoe with heels

- velour tracksuits

- sweaters with puffy furry linings

- witch-like pointy shoes, a lil is fine but not too much!

i'm pretty picky. :D

Originally posted by kitty19

i think that when they mean "lowrider" jeans, they mean the disgusting, "you can see the top line of my pubes, look straight down my ass crack and stare at my atrociously high thongs" - kind of lowrider jeans... as worn by people like britney spears, beyonce.

those can DEFINITELY GO.

i think low rider, as in - riding on the hips, hitting below the navel -is ALWAYS IN. those are the most comfortable way of wearing jeans, period. i don't ever recall wearing anything, even the pants of my suits, above my navel.

more OUTS, please:

- UGGly boots

- those damn hobo bags shaped like a moon

- Louis Vuitton logo print (SO UGLY, it's not even real leather, but i think i'm the only one that thinks so :blown: ) or any bags with logos all over it

- anything with "J'Adore Dior" written in 1 foot writing (i like Dior a lot, i just find these over the top shirts tacky) or any logo for that matter

- chandelier earrings (leave these for the grandmas, please)

- any sneaker or timberland like shoe with heels

- velour tracksuits

- sweaters with puffy furry linings

- witch-like pointy shoes, a lil is fine but not too much!

i'm pretty picky. :D

def agree with you on most but not all...

I love my sweatsuits..lol...i think i always will.

im starting to dislike Louis as well....too many 12 yr. olds walking around with em. It all went down when the white logo print bag came out, too many knockoffs.

haha, i don't mind tracksuits at all - just the velour ones that j lo and bennifer rock together. :tongue:

i thought of a few more. and if you do rock these styles, go on with yo' bad self if you are happy in it. i'm just stating my opinion and you won't see me wearing/doing any of this! :aright:

- silver hoop earrings the size of my head

- chinese slippers (i admit i had a pair, but then threw them away)

- shearling coats

- carrying around canvas bags in the winter time

- jeans with the butt, thigh and knees area all whited out

- those damn sterling silver tiffany heart link bracelets/necklaces

- carrying a LV purse while you are dressed in sweats

- non-black peoples getting braids, cornrows, dreads

- any article of clothing with your initial on it

- skirts with hooker boots (this CAN be done, but it tends to be slutty - which i'll do in the bedroom, not in public)

;)

haha, i don't mind tracksuits at all - just the velour ones that j lo and bennifer rock together. :tongue:

i thought of a few more. and if you do rock these styles, go on with yo' bad self if you are happy in it. i'm just stating my opinion and you won't see me wearing/doing any of this! :aright:

;)

;)

This year for female, it is definitely white anything.

Also the return of a pointed toe boot with a thinner heel.

Another side note is the sheer dress with matching liner and greyish slacks.

for guys it's the collared shirt with a hinted line pattern

the complete italian cut suits with a pinstipe shirt.

The outs: Diesel anything, and the army pocketed look

i agree w/ kitty for the most part ;)

some other trends i'd like *not* to see continue in 2004:

- pink. i was over-pink-ified in 2003 and hope this color goes out soon. i see orange tones making their comeback.

- out-to-there pointed toe shoes. weren't they even out on their way in? useful if you wanna get to those hard to reach roaches hiding in corners though. i'd like to see less dramatic toed shoes

- wide-legged pants. gawd, they've been "in" for over a decade now. enough already!

- burberry bags. i see them everywhere nowadays. they're almost as played out as those LV bags.

Originally posted by limosa

This year for female, it is definitely white anything.

Also the return of a pointed toe boot with a thinner heel.

Another side note is the sheer dress with matching liner and greyish slacks.

for guys it's the collared shirt with a hinted line pattern

the complete italian cut suits with a pinstipe shirt.

The outs: Diesel anything, and the army pocketed look

seems like u have been watching the same chnl im addicted to watching all the time :D

haha they aren't too tragic but i don't see many people pull them off well except models... i think they were wearing them in the GAP carslile sweater ads, they have a small rim and they're a bit 'tall' & structured... i wouldn't wear one... and i wear all sorts of hats...

witch-like pointy shoes, a lil is fine but not too much!

Originally posted by nifer

out-to-there pointed toe shoes. weren't they even out on their way in? useful if you wanna get to those hard to reach roaches hiding in corners though. i'd like to see less dramatic toed shoes

Are you kidding me?! I was so happy that people finally started wearing these, instead of those God awful square-toed shoes. Shoes that look like galoshes look good on no one, I repeat NO one. Save ‘em for the white trash. Any girl worth her Manolos knows that stilettos are the only way to go. For years they were blamed for a multitude of health problems. Now, however, even scientists have discovered that wearing stilettos is actually good for your health. Diamonds may be a girl's best friend, but high heels are her greatest asset. Not only do do they make any outfit look better, they also make your legs look fantastic. Heels do have this amazing power to transform girls into women. Not just anyone can wear them. You have to have the walk. Not to mention the fact that men really do go mad for heels. There has always been a real sexual thing about heels - the whole dominatrix bit. Heels are vampish, really. Like great underwear, they they have the power to make you feel, and look, like a million. Good shoes will never go out of. Long live the stiletto!

Originally posted by muzakat

Are you kidding me?! I was so happy that people finally started wearing these, instead of those God awful square-toed shoes.

whatever floats your boat. i'm own a few pointy toed shoes, that :eek: even are stiletto heeled! but i absolutely hate the witchy, you can't fit any of your toes into pointy shoes.

but fashion is every person's thing. i even added a disclaimer to my lists, b/c i know it won't neccesarily coincide with what everyone likes.

so NO I AM NOT KIDDING YOU. :rolleyes: