Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Goodbye 92.7-wlir!

A message from MICMAC president & LATINOMIX DJ

MICKEY GARCIA

Hello everyone, Happy New Year...

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I've been very sick with the flu and working like a chicken without a head at the same time. I just thought it would be a cool to mention that 92.7fm the old WLIR in Long Island is now becoming an extention of WCAA Latino Mix 105.9fm and now The Freestyle Flashback and all Latino Mix programming can be heard on both dials as of this Friday January 9th. 2004 starting at the 12 Noon Freestyle Flashback lunch break.

This is great news for Freestyle Music while it expands to a broader audience covering areas that Latino Mix was not able to reach in the past year. So spread the word, Tell your friends and thank you for supporting the Freestyle Flashback radio show.

More exciting news will be posted soon.

Take care and have a wonderful day.

Mickey Garcia

I know...can we please get a radio station here like MIAMI's 93.1 here!!??! (Or is it 93.3?) I can't listen to it on the internet...bad connections everywhere I go.

Don't people in NY realize that NYers absolutely crave a station like 93.1 here? That station rocks!! I love the VARIETY of dance music they have on there...and not that freestyle stuff...ugh...

ok as much as i like freestyles and spanish music, getting rid of LIR is the worst thing that can happen.

I am a listener of thiers on a very limited basis being that where i live i barely even get KTU or any station from the city.

But when i can listen to their stuff it is prob the best thing out there. Like some said, Depeche Mode and Cure and alot of other 80's electronic stuff.

Man i am gonna miss that station.

RIP:(

billy

Originally posted by kutekimee

I know...can we please get a radio station here like MIAMI's 93.1 here!!??! (Or is it 93.3?) I can't listen to it on the internet...bad connections everywhere I go.

Don't people in NY realize that NYers absolutely crave a station like 93.1 here? That station rocks!! I love the VARIETY of dance music they have on there...and not that freestyle stuff...ugh...

I don't think it's either of those stations. One is public radio, the other is classical music and jazz. I hope you're not talking about the power, you really don't need that in ny.

yea we are in despreate need for a party 93.1 here. and also a show just like the global dj broadcast on sunday nites and fri and sat nites shoul dbe broadcasted at some big clubs in nyc with live djs all nite or something like that. I mean who listens to spanish music here? how the hell is that gonna generate more listeners? I mean this is new york not mexico.

... I used LIR as background music while doing shit around the house and driving my car since I moved up here back in 2000.. LIR was actually, other than the old 105.9 which played all funk and soul from the 70's at the time, the only radio station I listened to because they had the most varied music rotation in the New York area ... :(...

I think radio in NY is officially dead or something...someone should fill out the certificate and prepare the toe tag...:(...Sucks...

I GREW UP ON FREESTYLE AND ITS THE REASON WHY NY DANCE MUSIC RADIO GOT HURT BACK IN THE EARLY 90's, because it started to really suck. ANOTHER STATION PLAYING SPANISH MUSIC , WHO CARES-

THE BOTTOM LINE IS WLIR WAS ONE OF THE BEST STATIONS EVER, if you like LATIN MUSIC LISTEN to MEGA 97.9 FM,

if you like freestyle listen to KTU, u know KTU-" we shove the same crap down your throat, so u think u like it" : )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY RADIO IS IN TROUBLE!........................ NY RADIO IS IN BIG TROUBLE!...............NY RADIO IN SERIOUS BIG TROUBLE!

SUPERMAN WHERE ARE YOU? WHO IS GONNA GROW SOME B#LLS AND START A REAL DANCE MUSIC STATION IN NY.

WHO,... ARE YOU OUT THERE? WHO IS GONNA PUT NY BACK ON THE MAP?

WHO IS GONNA TURNAROUND THE SCENE AND MAKE NY NITELIFE CULTURE AND NITELIFE MUSIC ROCK ONCE AGAIN !

IS THERE ANYONE BEHIND ME? OR DO I STAND ALONE? SPEAK YOUR MIND CLUB PLANET MEMBERS , EXPRESS YOURSELF!

REMEMBER THAT FREEDOM OF SPEECH!........... FREEDOM TO CHOOSE. WE HAVE 1 PROBLEM, OUR CHOICES!

WE NEED A NEW DANCE MUSIC STATION IN NY! A REAL DANCE MUSIC STATION!

THATS THE BOTTOM LINE!

PEACE!

RADIO GUY-2004:tongue: