Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AVB @ The Roxy Review

Its about 5AM, just getting back from the sickest nite ive ever had at the roxy...the vibe in that place tonite was sick, everyone screaming, hands in the air for AVB...never seen anything like it...his set was sick and the place was still packed at 4:30 when i left...went to the meetup at 1 by the speakers and no one was there so i left, figured everyone was busy enjoying the beats...all in all a sick nite, im going to sleep...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strolled in with friends and dj Troy St. Charles around 2am just before Armin went on. Huge impressments in the crowd from the last time I saw Armin @ the Roxy. Roxy looked like a bag of popcorn in the microwave. The whole dance floor jumping/dancing/cheering. I already knew it was going to be a good night. After that Armin went n :bowdown: :bowdown: . Roxy was on their feet and then the night REALLY began. Dance floor was mobbed and love was in the air throughout the night. Everyone clapping, cheering, and roaring to every song he spilled. Very surprised Armin didn't play any vocals, cause we all know he plays some sick ass vocals. Song after song non stop uplifting trance. What more can a trance lover ask for. Very glad Armin came back to NYC ! Left at 530 and Roxy was still going that's NYC for you. Glad to see a few people from other boards. Overall it was 2 thumbs and 2 toes up.

Victor Soto

Excellent show by AvB and the crowd was very good as well - not the usual PvD at Roxy bullshit.

He really kicked it in a higher gear around 4AM....that's the trance I like - hard and with an edge.

As always, great meeting everybody!!

wow what a night words cannot even describe it

great vibe and crowd all night long armin was in the zone and such great songs

nice meeting you vic soto for a min i was the kid in the green armin shirt

here are the list of songs i remember as we keep this thread going please add to the list

mark norman- phantom manor

marcov- loops n things

ton tb- dream machine

tiesto- love comes again ( mark norman remix) :eek:

push- strange world

whirlpool- under the sun

avb- burned with desire (i think it was the brian cross mix not sure)

fictavsion vs phynn- escape

encore 1: solid globe sahara

encore 2: oceanlab- satalite

i agree with you vic there were not as many vocals played last night armin bought out the big guns alot of epic trance i never heard and even some tech-trance which is always a plus

I eneded up going to the Roxy because Avalon got shut down by the Health Department...

I didnt expect to have so much fun :D

Ive seen Armin quite a few times before, but I definitly think this was one of his better sets :D

...it was nice seeing lots of CP heads :D

AVB was just simply amazing. Every track he played was incredible. The people in there, while always you have your few rude assholes, the majority of people in there were about AVB and having fun. Met sooo many people I didint know before I woke up yesterday. I loved the fact people showed me love for my Space shirt from WMC. To me, it showed that all trance fanatics are all like a community and there was no reason to hate on your neighbor. Left at 4:30am b/c the chick i was with wanted to something to eat and I had to be the gentleman and say fuck it. Although bout 6am, I was having flashbacks of "Love comes Again", and when I started kicking myself in the ass for leaving early. Its cool tho, I saw him at Virgin during the day too, met him, talked to him about his set at Mansion during the WMC shook his hand and took a picture with the guy, then saw him rip shit up at Roxy later that night, what more can a trance addict ask for?

:cool:

AVB was incredible last night. the vibe was great, everyone was dancing. everyone was happy. AVB totally ripped it last night. really picked up when he was playing that hard shit. had me jumping and raving and so full of energy. haha hope he comes back sooon

armin was great as always.

one complaint though wtf was up with the lighting this time? there was barely any this time, and no lasers either which i came to love seeing everytime he plays. wasnt there a fog machine before?

otherwise great nite.

left at 5 cuz friends were tired otherwise would of stayed till closing

i got in to the city by 12:30 and was "in da club" a little before one.. i was pretty damn impressed with the openign dj.. i like the way he layered his set playing everything: house, tech, trance etc. i didnt think i was gonna enjoy armins set even though i'm a huge trance fan but i was pretty impressed by his set.. playing "binary finary" was probably the highlight of my night.. i fucking love that song.. i haven't heard someone spin it in atleast 4 years.. def a good tune to hear at a club.. i wound up closing roxy out because i had a few drinks earlier in the night and i was too much of a bitch to chance driving home.. my friends left at 4:30 but xxrachael hung around til about 530 so it wasn't that bad.. luckily from about 530 to 615 i was on my second and third wind so i was able to enjoy myself.. the crowd was pretty good.. shirtless guidos and people rolling their faces off were kept to a minimum as was the smell of body odor and dust.. i only saw 2 cp people kutekimee and rachael.. kutekimee it was nice bumping into you.. i'll be sure to say hi the next time..

ps did anyoen take the bqe to the belt parkway home??? I wasn't sure if i was completely sober when i left but i had no plcae else to go (lol) so i had to chance driving home.. im doing good, speed is ok, no cops anywhere in sight and then out of nowhere on the bqe traffic comes to a standstill.. i see people changing from the drivers seat to the passengers seat because it looks like a dui checkpoint.. i shit a brick at this point.. but luckily we were only stop and go for 40 minutes because of construction.. i never thought i'd be happy to sit in traffic for 40 minutes because of construction but this morning it happened.. ok enough rambling.. time for breakfast

Originally posted by oldtimer

ps did anyoen take the bqe to the belt parkway home??? I wasn't sure if i was completely sober when i left but i had no plcae else to go (lol) so i had to chance driving home.. im doing good, speed is ok, no cops anywhere in sight and then out of nowhere on the bqe traffic comes to a standstill.. i see people changing from the drivers seat to the passengers seat because it looks like a dui checkpoint.. i shit a brick at this point.. but luckily we were only stop and go for 40 minutes because of construction.. i never thought i'd be happy to sit in traffic for 40 minutes because of construction but this morning it happened..

yeah that traffic was CRAZY!

I think the traffic IN the party was pretty bad. Every single time I started to dance someone bumped into me. Even twards the end when everyone cleared out I couldn't get a couple steps down before someone was walkin into me. But I've delt with it before....small price to pay to hear some slammin trance. Besides that the night was awesome. He played a hard set like I thought he would some great tracks kept the dance floor going all night It was nice to see a little bigger crowd this time and everyone was really into it. 3 encores very sweet :bounce:

Originally posted by turpentyine

armin was great as always.

one complaint though wtf was up with the lighting this time? there was barely any this time, and no lasers either which i came to love seeing everytime he plays. wasnt there a fog machine before?

otherwise great nite.

left at 5 cuz friends were tired otherwise would of stayed till closing

i never like lighting at Roxy - hate it when they put those ugly lights on - all those bright flashing lights right into your face.

YES!!!

Last night was amazing!

I wish i could have stayed a bit longer, but due to the fact that i was already running on only 3 hours of sleep and i had to be at work from 9am-6pm saturday, i had to get at least an hour of sleep before work.

Was so glad to here the tracks that were played. Alot i didnt know, but were unreal. Also great to see a much better crowd than PVD and a bit more room this time.

Always good to see ppl again:

PCR

Kutekimme

ummedunno

ibrandon

Good meeting a few new ppl whose names i dont remeber, but were with kimee and PCR early in the night when i saw ya by the speaks.

Rachel- good meeting you too.

Billy

Hi Billy

i was with Kimmy!

had an AMAZING night!

the energy was unbelievable in that place last night!

just v tired today

was looking for other ppl from cp,,,particularly rachel (tried to find HER top in the crowd,,,but didn't !