Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE SHUT DOWN TWILO, SF AND VINYL. I PRAY, GOD PLEASE!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to tell you but vinyl is not in the same league as twilo, the "DRUG MONEY" they confiscated from vinyl was actually the door money, they dont mention that...And the last time they got raided they didnt even arrest anyone. Vinyl is cleaner right now then a clean room at Intel. There have never been any deaths or major problems at vinyl like twilo or SF. Vinyl just doesnt have the big bucks like the bigger clubs to "play ball"... No disrespect to twilo, but ive heard many stories on how that place is as bad as SF now in regards to the drugs. Clean up the drugs and leave vinyl alone, the only true music lovers club.

------------------

House This! :) www.djadamf.com djadamf@aol.com

IF we can unite to shut down these types of clubs we will have made one step closer to eliminating the drug problem in this country. It's really simple and I know i'm gonna hear a ton of shit from people on this board telling me shit like that in that case every club should be close, or that drug problem doesn't lie within these clubs but let me tell you all something IT DOES. Maybe the root of it doesn't but it's definately one of major means of Doing and distributing most of the designer drugs.

i dunno about vinyl and sf but twilo locks dying people in closets...lol

and vinyl is as clean as it has ever been now...last time they shut it down they didn't find anything...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

tit.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

there will always be drugs, wherever you go, I used to work for a major investment bank and people used to do huge amounts of coke all day...at another major firm the mail room got busted for selling 8 balls of coke...people in hospitals and every area of business do drugs...E now to, its been around for a while just because it's not in the news it is being done...drugs will be a part of society as long as society exists, just like alcohol...they couldn't keep it illegal...now it's legal...would you have said the same thing about alcohol?

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

tit.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Get a fucking clue jackass. Not everyone in those places do drugs too. Just b/c someone is at the Factory at 8am doesn't mean they are rolling or packing their beak. Take someone like you for example, you live at home with your mom while I come by and bang her after I leave one of the places you mentioned.

Take your Don't Do Drugs/Nancy Reagan Bull Shit and shove it.

fcleanamerica

This is pathetic! How could anyone condone the closing of any club? We are all supposidly joined here together for the love of club culture aren't we? It doesn't matter where we are going or what we are listening to, you say tomatoe I say......If we continue with this "my club is better than yours" shit, we will lose the whole goal of unity through clubbing! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

------------------

hippity-hop

Oh Jesus What A Luxury

www.hippity-hop.com

See you guys are being completely fucking absurd. I try to put up a good post and i get all this shit spilled on me. It's obvious that drugs have place in a lot of places in society. Invement B for example sure people do coke, just like any other industry does, however, CLubs are entirely different. For every 100 invement bankers I bet only 1 does drugs, for every 100 kids at twilo i bet at least 30 of them are something illegal. and don't tell me otherwise cause I fucken know. Dont kid yourself, most people at those places roll their balls off. Just cause they found nothing at Vinyl only means that people went there already fucked up. And got the shit elsewhere. ALcohol is very different topic. IT has been statistically proven that drugs vs alchol is not even in the same ballpark. Alchol is not nearly as destructive or addictive as drugs are.

yea i definetly agree

shut those places down so everyone can experience the real club...

EXIT

best club in the city

nuff said

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

yea i definetly agree

shut those places down so everyone can experience the real club...

EXIT

best club in the city

nuff said

-Rob

This is pathetic! How will you feel when eveyone is going to Exit because all the clubs are closed down? You wont have any room to dance, Bobby!

------------------

hippity-hop

Oh Jesus What A Luxury

www.hippity-hop.com

awwww hippity hop doesn't seem to understand the SARCASM that has been going on for forever concerning how GREAT exit is ... it's ok.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

**NEW EMAIL!!**

brandie@powerpuff.com

AIM: loves2cox

i love Rob *always&forever*

Obviously your lost and you got to this board by mistake...if you haven't yet figured that out...you're preaching your shit in the WRONG place!!! Quit now while you're ahead...there's no winning this arguement. *NEWSFLASH* never go to a website called WWW.CLUBNYC.COM and start PRAYING for all of the clubs to be shut down...just a bit of advice for future reference!!!

Originally posted by bastardino:

See you guys are being completely fucking absurd. I try to put up a good post and i get all this shit spilled on me. It's obvious that drugs have place in a lot of places in society. Invement B for example sure people do coke, just like any other industry does, however, CLubs are entirely different. For every 100 invement bankers I bet only 1 does drugs, for every 100 kids at twilo i bet at least 30 of them are something illegal. and don't tell me otherwise cause I fucken know. Dont kid yourself, most people at those places roll their balls off. Just cause they found nothing at Vinyl only means that people went there already fucked up. And got the shit elsewhere. ALcohol is very different topic. IT has been statistically proven that drugs vs alchol is not even in the same ballpark. Alchol is not nearly as destructive or addictive as drugs are.

------------------

"Hold on Tight...Enjoy the Ride" -DT

oh alcohol hasnn't destroyed the amount of families that drugs has, i'm sure . . . how many more people to do you know that are alcoholics with broken families than those adults that are druggies that have ruined families? you're ab so lutely right, alcohol is GREAT, everyone DRINK UP. rolleyes.gif

oh and DRUNK drivers . . . they're not destructive, either.

if you're looking for correct info - go to New York Magazine, and look in the archives for a piece by Ethan Brown (who is a friend of mine) that talks about the amount of drug use by adults and people who work on Wall Street and at major corporations that take E like it's candy.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

**NEW EMAIL!!**

brandie@powerpuff.com

AIM: loves2cox

i love Rob *always&forever*

A couple things, Alcohol not nearly as addictive as drugs? What pre-med magazine did you get that out of? Alcoholism is a greater disease than drug addiction, I'll find the numbers for ya if ya like. And alcohol has attributed to more deaths per year than drugs, I'll get those number for you too.

As for the Investment banking 100:1 ratio and Twilo 100:30...let's see....I'm gonna go by own own experiences.

Post production recording studio/Multimedia house (just son you don't think it's a rock n roll studio or house music...it was post-pro for tv and radio commercials, dealing with large agencies and very corporate clients - 25 employees...19 used some kind of recreation drug) There would be drugs around for clients(about 30% used drugs that we open about it) clean-cut, frat-like middle american men and women.

Ad agency 700-800 employees. Well there's a huge mixture of people old and young there, I could say that I knew of abuot 100 that used some kind of drug, now I also didn't know or hang with all 800, so we could probably add a few more.

Other freelance jobs...ad agencies, print production houses, marketing firms, financial institutions, etc...

From the few people I came in contact with at these places, about 40-60% used some kind of drug....

As much as you think closing a club will curtail the drug use, it won't, people will just use the drugs still, at least they are dancing in one big room as opposed to walking the streets into traffic while tripping out. I'm not condoning drug use, but I am saying that you will not fix the drug problem by closing clubs.

Nice try though.

In the meantime you should have the common sence that if you come on to a club board and say the clubs should be shut down, you better expect to have some retaliatino.

- Peter

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

It's unfortunate that clubs take the heat when someone doesn't know his/her own limitations when doing drugs or drinking...but the fact of the matter is drugs were here before us and will be after us..wether it is at a club, someone's house party or at your place of employment...I used to work for a publishing Co. where employees were actually shooting up in the bathrooms!!! ITS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

ALcohol is very different topic. IT has been statistically proven that drugs vs alchol is not even in the same ballpark. Alchol is not nearly as destructive or addictive as drugs are.

Look pal - get a clue and stop spouting mainstream media crap that we've all heard and almost everyone here doesn't believe.

And what is the exactly is the "drug problem" you refer to with respect to clubs??... the only reason these "designer drugs" are dangerous are becuase they're illegal and operate under a black market system. (Aside from the occassional person who uses them irresponsibly, there are always those.)

Man, I used to live in your reality tunnel - hope you WAKE UP soon.

--ss23

IF we can unite to shut down these types of clubs we will have made one step closer to eliminating the drug problem in this country. It's really simple and I know i'm gonna hear a ton of shit from people on this board telling me shit like that in that case every club should be close, or that drug problem doesn't lie within these clubs but let me tell you all something IT DOES. Maybe the root of it doesn't but it's definately one of major means of Doing and distributing most of the designer drugs.

Heh Heh Heh ... you're funny.

That's seriously the biggest crap I've ever heard. Can't believe you actually buy it.

Okay, not like this is a serious study or anything, but I know my undergrad (out in the middle of nowhere with no clubs around for hours and hours) have gotten really tight on the alcohol scene the last few years. We've always had our share to pot and coke floating around, but they were never really out there, i.e. visible. Now that they've really cracked down on the drinking at bars and frats/parties, everyone has turned to E. It's really unbelievable how so many people roll at catered frat parties now. I guess this is just another reason we should shut down the greek system huh, because it's also a mean for people to do and distribute? What next after that ... what about that article in New York Mag earlier this summer ... all those people that roll at big ritsy parties ... guess we're just going to have to ban all gatherings where people can potentially have a good time from now on.

Archived