Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sexual harassment in the work place

bullseye

i'm sure most of us in the workforce have taken some sort of training on this matter either in a class setting, or online like i did. like myself, did anyone else not pay attention during the training and bend the rules every now and then?

If you have a white collar job, a person would be stupid for partaking in acts of sexual harrassment. Leave your sex life, desires, and "grey" conversations for outside the workplace. One disgruntled worker can ruin your life and have you blacklisted for future employers. It's just not worth it, unless you are desperate and need co-workers for play.

Actually the same goes for most blue collar workers as well...

If you have a white collar job, a person would be stupid for partaking in acts of sexual harrassment. Leave your sex life, desires, and "grey" conversations for outside the workplace. One disgruntled worker can ruin your life and have you blacklisted for future employers. It's just not worth it, unless you are desperate and need co-workers for play.

Yeah - it's a fine line that should never be crossed. Why ruin your career and future for some tail?

sexual harassment occurs about every 5 minutes in this office. but everyone's totally cool with it. we're small, theres like 10 of us here, 4 girls. the girls are all real cool. us guys can talk about anything we want and its all good. the girls tell us their stories too. theres constant "hidden meaning" comments being thrown out, although the meanings arent really that hidden. everyone knows what ur talkin about.

we actually just finished an interesting conversation...we had a client with the last name Dick. of course, no one could resist and had to make a comment, girls included. and we all had a nice conversation about dick

i took an online test and passed.

Sexual Harassment at the workplace is no joke. At my friends' job, there was this guy that ALWAYS flirted with EVERY girl. He asked my friend something about her panties, as well as other girls very innapropriate things.

My friend (who was a summer intern) got him fired (he had a high position there for 10 years) and sent his dirty tongue back home to his wife and kids

And the girl i've been seeing got this woman fired for verbal harassment and threats.

It's no joke anymore :nono:

I totally agree with you. Except at almost every job I have worked at I have somehow been sexually harrassed from time to time. Thankfully nothing that I has made me have to take serious action about it. At my current job, one of our supervisors is a total perve - stares at my tits, ass, etc. I have reverted to wearing clothing that doesn't accentuate anything anymore since he makes me very uncomfortable. I think that speaking up about sexual harrassment is really hard tho, at my current job I think no one would take me seriously, blow it off, and maybe give the harrasser a slap on the hand. Unfotunately in my workplace every rule is bended - all the regulations that apply to employees is basically illegal according to the law.

i had a guy tell me he wanted me to sleep with him. i told my boss and my boss grabed the guy...put his hand by the oven, and told him if he even thinks something like that agian he will throw him in the oven......i work in a bakery. :bounce:

In my current job there is none of that going on at all. At my last job their was a ton of it. Most of us were all young and would go out together every night. At my Christmas party my the CEO of my company was dancing with my date for like an hour. The flirting that went on their was o.k. with everyone. The job before that....I was a bartender, need I say more.

Depends on your job.

In the nightlife industry, if you aren't having a girl, who you gave your card to, grabbing your crotch and saying, "are you as big as I've heard", then you aren't doing your job as well you can. :hat:

yeah I hate it too.......I can never get any work done...............sluts.

:isok: i must be tough... :laugh:

sexual harrasment is an every day occurance at my company...there are 10 guys to every female that works here.

sexual harassment occurs about every 5 minutes in this office. but everyone's totally cool with it. we're small, theres like 10 of us here, 4 girls. the girls are all real cool. us guys can talk about anything we want and its all good. the girls tell us their stories too. theres constant "hidden meaning" comments being thrown out, although the meanings arent really that hidden. everyone knows what ur talkin about.

we actually just finished an interesting conversation...we had a client with the last name Dick. of course, no one could resist and had to make a comment, girls included. and we all had a nice conversation about dick

I'd still be really careful with it. My work was the same way....well we thought...until one girl got canned and came back with a case. Even if you think they are cool with it...its much better to have everyone sign a policy or have something posted.

I'd still be really careful with it. My work was the same way....well we thought...until one girl got canned and came back with a case. Even if you think they are cool with it...its much better to have everyone sign a policy or have something posted.

right now with the ppl that are here its cool. we're all friends..we chill outside of work together. when someone new comes in, esp a girl, we behave ourselves until we feel that person out. everyone so far has always been comfortable with our dirty convo's and they join in eventually. someone one day will come in, complain, and fuck it up for everyone

:unhappy:

i used to be the youngest chick in a male-dominated office...

got the comments all the time from the young male interns but usually brushed them off and called them losers and herbs and what-not...

one day my boss heard the guys hootin'-and-hollerin' and he told them all that if he saw one more guy flirting with me he'd have them fired

i remember during a meeting between the interns and the boss one of the guys tried to massage my shoulders and my boss knocked him on the knuckles with a ruler and said something along the lines of him being a pedophile (i was 17 at the time) and embarrassed him in front of everyone in the office...

he was a great father figure :D