Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Driving into the City NYE

hahaha.....he is a fake, wannabe....

OK on another note, NO dont drive in, first of there will be a lot of street closeurs.....and as it is there is a new traffic pattern they put in on fifth and sixth ave around 40s to 50s, it is crazy.....

I dont get it, ur not from NY...NYC hunk?

i drove in last year at around 11pm and it took me about 3min through the lincoln tunnel. granted there were militarty trucks and troopers with ak-47's looking in my windows but no problems, just as soon i got into ny i shot down to like 23 and went cross town, dont attempt to hang around midtown.

if your drivng into nyc and you are an "nyc"...something tells me your not from nyc....do you even own a metro card?

ok for those that have the same type question all aside...

i would never drive on a holiday. forget about the traffic, think of all the drunk drivers on the road that time. you could get hit by one of them... not to mention if you drink... there other people on the roads too. don't forget all the other people's mommys, daddys, brothers and sisters ect. on the road.

this would be the first time i would consider driving into nyc on nye

well i'm from long island...i just commute to the city everyday.

i find jeresy people have it easier. all they have to do it take the path in and out. hoboken is right near a parkway and by then you sobered up to drive home. i look at them and wonder why would they drive in? long island you have to pass through queens or brooklyn for the drive, wich no matter what time of the day or night there is some sort of traffic...or you could take the good old lirr and pay up the ass!

well i'm from long island...i just commute to the city everyday.

i find jeresy people have it easier. all they have to do it take the path in and out. hoboken is right near a parkway and by then you sobered up to drive home. i look at them and wonder why would they drive in? long island you have to pass through queens or brooklyn for the drive, wich no matter what time of the day or night there is some sort of traffic...or you could take the good old lirr and pay up the ass!

this is good in theory unless you aren't from the following areas of jersey... hoboken, jersey city, pavonia/newport or newark... everywhere else in jersey you're pretty much fucked as far as public transportation goes... if you're from wykoff it is near impossible to get to the city at night... same as new brunswick... but if you are in those areas you're set..

my experience in the past 3 years coming from 78 to either the Lincoln or Holland has been that aster sundown it almost becomes one of the lightest volume days in NYC. Never had traffic or even a delay at the tunnels. I suppose its b/c times square people who are mostly tourists get there way in advance and even have to be in times square by 8pm (i think). Otherwise its just us B and T people driving in. The locals dont drive and the city is at a standstill

Parking is another issue though