Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ULTRA FEST UPDATE (more artists announced)

dude you cant miss ultra.. its an amazing day.. ive been to the last 4 ultras and imgoing down again this year.. you really have to try to have a bad time there.. its really a memorable time.. me and my friends all love it and look forward to it every year

That's funny the first time I went (last year) I heard enough people say don't waste your time with Ultra.

But I went, and enjoyed it, but left early b/c I had to get ready for going out that night.

I think Ultra is for the younger crowds... Then again sites like trance addict have their entire board dedicated to ultra, including staying near bayfront park!

Not doin ultra this year... last year's superstar lineup was very impressive. Sasha & Digweed, PVD, Sander, Tiesto, Oaky, etc...

That's funny the first time I went (last year) I heard enough people say don't waste your time with Ultra.

But I went, and enjoyed it, but left early b/c I had to get ready for going out that night.

I think Ultra is for the younger crowds... Then again sites like trance addict have their entire board dedicated to ultra, including staying near bayfront park!

Not doin ultra this year... last year's superstar lineup was very impressive. Sasha & Digweed, PVD, Sander, Tiesto, Oaky, etc...

Dont OVER exaggerate grumpy old man :)

The party is OK, it is cool to be outside and they do have ALOT of the DJ's there. But everone spins for an hour, that it. By the end of the day (I) was too tired to go out at night.

I guess if it is your first time I would go for the experience but if I head down to WMC this yea I dont think I will be at Ultra

ye, last year it was all kids with pacifiers in their mouths and eyes wide OPEN... I wasnt thrilled... skipping it this year.. Oakey was amazing though again..

I went to this 4 yrs ago & the best part was oakenfeld. Back then it was still a very "raverish" crowd. Is it still like that?

Ultra 5 was better than last years Ultra. So far, I'm a little disappointed with this year's line-up. Cox is usually on a side stage. Where's Oakey and Tiesto? I'm happy with Van Dyk who never misses an Ultra. Van Buuren at Ultra is going to be interesting. Hope he plays an uplifting, progressive trance set, not the tech-trance crap he's been playing on his tour. Eitherway, Ultra is Ultra, an event that's going to be off the hook regardless. Just watch out for the undercovers, last year, they were all the people standing in the aisles, not moving and basically just getting in the way of people trying to walk. Not a bad way to try to look at everyone's eyes. :comit:

Ultra is an event that's not to be missed in my opinion. Been to the last 2 and I'm going this year not because of the kids with pacifiers, but for the love of the music. Guys, if you love edm, then you have to go. How many times a year do you have the chance to experience alot of your favorite dj's all on one day? Being with a great portion of my fellow edm'ers around the world on that day is pure electronic bliss. don't miss it. Seeing all those hands raised up at the main arena all at once is breathtaking.

I don't want to knock ultra b/c it is the premiere dance festival of the US!

But last time, I didn't even get to see any of the headliners, b/c I wanted to get enough rest for that night (goin out)... I don't think I would've been able to make it...

So that kinda stinks... went to ultra and didn't see PVD, Oaky, or Tiesto, or Rabbit either...

(but I bought the Ultra DVD to catch some of what i missed!).

This year's lineup isn't as enticing, but its not completed yet... Chances are I'll be sleeping after getting back from Sander's marathon set at Space (if that's true...)

1) Sander is playing the Patio while PVD is on the Main floor at Space on Friday

2) Last year Saturday was the kick off at the WMC. This year it's the final day so you will have had plenty of opportunity to catch everyone since there are no events besides the Ultra After Event CARRY ON @ the American Airlines Arena w/ Sasha & Digweed, UNKLE live and Zabiela.

www.ultramusicfestival.us :bounce:

1) Sander is playing the Patio while PVD is on the Main floor at Space on Friday

2) Last year Saturday was the kick off at the WMC. This year it's the final day so you will have had plenty of opportunity to catch everyone since there are no events besides the Ultra After Event CARRY ON @ the American Airlines Arena w/ Sasha & Digweed, UNKLE live and Zabiela.

www.ultramusicfestival.us :bounce:

Umm, Carl Cox at Crobar... Lee Burridge at BED... Am I misinformed?

If you crew goes there than I would be down. Right now we are waiting to hear what the San Francisco Industry folks plan to do because they're our tickets to get in pass the lines or get in for free (hopefully!).

At this point, along with the Ultra party I want to go to one of the Wetgrooves party and maybe Space? :) Who knows! I just know it's going to be a party!! :pint::beer:

This message board has definitely been the most helpful research tool!