Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hot 97 Tsunami song

:gang::gang: BY FRANK LOMBARDI

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Scenes of death and destruction in Banda Aceh, Indonesia (below), are hilarious, right? Apparently to HOT 97 deejay Miss Jones (above), who aired parody.

Hip-hop radio station HOT 97 has sparked outrage across the city by airing a twisted song that shockingly mocks the 200,000 victims of the South Asian tsunami.

The radio station, WQHT, was forced to air an apology yesterday after the insulting song - whose lyrics include racial epithets aimed at Asians - was played for four days last week by morning deejay Miss Jones.

"We are absolutely appalled, saddened, outraged and angered," said Kai Yu of Asian Media Watch.

The nasty parody, sung to the tune of "We Are the World," makes light of how the killer tsunami "washed your whole country away."

Some of the other tasteless lyrics refer jokingly to orphaned children being sold into slavery.

"You're sick," City Councilman Robert Jackson (D-Manhattan) fumed at HOT 97.

Before one airing of the song, the station's news reader, Miss Info, who is of Asian descent, objected to the song, only to be attacked by Jones and her cohorts.

"That song is really offensive to me, and I opted not to involve myself," Miss Info said.

Jones replied, "I know you feel you're superior because you're Asian, but you're not." Later, co-host Todd Lyn, incensed at Miss Info's criticism, said, "I'm going to start shooting Asians."

Councilman John Liu (D-Queens) said it was outrageous that the station, owned by Emmis Communications Corp., aired the song for four days.

"It degrades the more than 200,000 victims," Liu said.

Liu and other Asian leaders have called for the Federal Communications Commission to crack down on the station and demanded that Miss Jones, whose full name is Tarsha Jones, be fired.

Jones and program director John Dimick both read apologies on the air yesterday.

"HOT 97 regrets the airing of material that made light of a serious and tragic event," Dimick said. "We apologize to our listeners and anyone who was offended."

Jones and six people working on her show will donate a week of their salaries to tsunami relief, Dimick said.

But Dimick refused to say whether Jones would be fired.

FIRE Ms. Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gang:

here are the lyrics...

There was a time, when the sun was shing bright

So I went down to the beach to catch me a tan

Then the next thing i knew

A wave 20 feet high came and wash your country away

And all at once, you can hear the screaming ch*nks.

And the no one was save from the wave.

There was africans drowning, little chinaman swept away

You can heard god laughing, swim you b*tches swim.

So now you're screwed, it's the the tsunami,

You better run and kiss your ass awake, go find your mommy

I just saw her float by, a tree right through her head.

And now your children will be sold in child slavery.

here are the lyrics...

There was a time, when the sun was shing bright

So I went down to the beach to catch me a tan

Then the next thing i knew

A wave 20 feet high came and wash your country away

And all at once, you can hear the screaming ch*nks.

And the no one was save from the wave.

There was africans drowning, little chinaman swept away

You can heard god laughing, swim you b*tches swim.

So now you're screwed, it's the the tsunami,

You better run and kiss your ass awake, go find your mommy

I just saw her float by, a tree right through her head.

And now your children will be sold in child slavery.

what the hell is wrong with people

Yes F**CK EM' ALL!!! That was straight cruel. I refuse to ever listen to that station again. I don't know what happened to Miss Jones but she changed a whole lot...you'd think after getting pregnant she would be more caring to this disaster that happened. It really is so sad that anyone would find this tragedy to be something funny and to poke fun at it by making this disgusting song. The Lord works in mysterious ways people...

sure Star would..he's just pissed Miss Jones got to it b4 him

he mentioned something about it this morning laughing at how the people down the dile are trying to be like him bringing the "hate" and how it will never work cause there is only one him :blah: :blah: :blah:

he talks mad shit about the entire station and most the people that work there...I doubt he would have went there though after what happened to him last time, playing sound effects of Aaliyah's plane crashing

i actually dont think so...but it's not surprising that hot97 would feel the need to try to stoop so low to compete with the original haters...

exactly! :love:

but seriously, what a fucked up thing to do...they should fire her ass also (not to mention she is just some loud mouth bitch who sucks at radio...and that wack comedian Todd gotta go also)

Yo! don't be hat'n on Todd NMN!! he is the man.

nah just fucking with ya, who's Todd?

Howard please....we are trying to have a serious thread here on a serious and unfortunate topic...we don't need your humorless & immature statements flying around here...take that back to the drama board if thats the way you are going to act

Nice!

Not to turn this into a joke or anything but Star is hilarious...today before his show ended he was ripping the shit out of Ms. Jones at one point saying he hopes she dropped to her knees and cleaned that filthy vaginal canal and prayed for forgiveness for making a joke out of such a tragedy and continued on about how she just popped out a little niglet

the hate is back in NYC! :laugh: