Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Music at OPM

sparkletarte

Hi~ Thanks for all of the great info here. I'm planning a trip for 10 girlfriends June 10-13. So far I'm thinking Ice on Saturday, as we love dancing and like house and breaks, and that seems the most likely place for that music. Crossing my fingers that there will be a good dj that night! I've been listening to some of Donald Glaude's music and honestly I'm not that keen on it- unless he plays differently live, what I've heard is kind of standard house, and not that interesting, so I'm looking around for Friday.

I'm curious about going to OPM on Friday night. Please, bear with me here. I haven't heard a lot of hip hop, mostly older stuff- de la, jurassic, blackalicious, actually lots of Krafty Kuts remixes is mostly my exposure to it. We really like bassy, funky music, and I know some hip hop is that. However, I have no idea really what we'd be hearing at OPM. Is it Top 40 hip hop? More rap/gangsta style? Can someone give me a better idea? From what I've read I'm starting to think we'd have a really good time there, just want to know what we'll be hearing. I know there's a hip hop room at Ice, but I think it would be cool to go to hh club, since there's nothing like that anywhere near where we live. Our flight doesn't arrive until 10:00pm Friday night- by the time we get to the hotel, etc, etc, I'm sure it will be at least 12 or 1 before we can get there- will that be in issue (I get the idea that it will be).

Suggestions are welcome- thanks!

Opm is More popular hip-hop (50 cent, Jay-z, Jarule ect...) They also play some old school r and b music as well but none of the major clubs play alot of black eye peas, common ect... I wouldn't call it gangsta rap though. Opm is More popular hip-hop (50 cent, Jay-z, Jarule ect...) They also play some old school music as well but none of the major clubs play alot of black eye peas, common, de la ect... I wouldn't call it gangsta rap though. Unless Dj Masterweb can help you it will be a wash to go to Opm at 1:00. To be honest all clubs will be busy by that time. You girls have some time i would try to change flights. Even most tables are gone by one. I might be able to get you girls into Ra on friday depending what's going on the weekend. After masterweb posts contact me and i'll see if i can help or just give some advice.

Well I guess I'd be qualified to answer your music question, since I am one of the residents there :)

We start the night from 10pm to 11:30pm playing campy, girl friendly hip-hop. You know, the top 40 type hip-hop from the past 5 years that have female choruses, less profanity, etc. For example, Mary J "Family Affair" and Fat Joe "What's Love" and songs like "One Minute Man."

Then from 11:30 to about 1:00 we start to get more into the club hip-hop from the past few years like 50 cent "In the Club" - Ludacris "Stand Up" - and stuff like "Cant Stop Wont Stop" - and Beyonce "Crazy in Love". Good music that will get people moving.

Then 1:00 to 3:00 we go HARD peak hour!! A lot of crunk (Trillville, T.I). All the new G-unit. Hot Jay-Z. All the hot new shit. Maybe too hard for the mainstream crowd - this is for people who love hip-hop.

From 3:00 to 4:00 we get creative and go with the flow. Sometimes we go west coast. Other times East or midwest. Depends on the crowd. But we stay away from the top-40 at this point.

From 4:00 on we slow it down, go R&B, a little bump n grind - We set up the mood for the after party in your bed.

By 6:00 we usually close.

As far as getting in after midnight. Either wait about an hour on Fridays or tip the door man $20 per person (plus you will have to pay cover $20 per person) and that will allow you to skip the line. Or buy bottle service which is $100 for the table and $265+ for the bottle per 4 people.

Hope that helps.

Excellent, thanks for the fast and detailed info. We'd be more into the after 1 music I think. I'll let you know if we need any help with late arrivals, thanks for the offer mrvegas. Some suggested RA before and I see you get some good dj's in there. We're all booked on our flight and it's the best time for us otherwise, so no big deal. Maybe we'll wander around the strip that night and swim, or hit up Drai's later, which will suit us just fine too!

And djfrosty, let me know if you hear any good breaks anywhere!

from personal experience i can say masterweb is a master @ what he does,i was @ tangerines for nye with dj kidcapri spinning.i thought it was as good as it gets,until that sunday when i went to opm and masterweb was spinning he completely shitted on the kidcapris set,true story.i plan on comin to vegas from sep.1-sep.5 and you can rest assure that i will be hittin up opm on one of those nights.i wouldnt classify it as gangsta but more of a get yo'ass on the floor type of set.if you like dancing and sweating then opmis your place along with pure,tangerines,ra and body english.

Thanks Vino -- that's quite a compliment.

Also, I do not want to take all the credit. Andy Gil and I work together and he is a very talented guy from radio (Wild 102 to KLUC). Not only does he spin great sets of music but he also has a knack at motivating people through mic work. He does it in a way that's entertaining AND clean (which I think is a nice change of pace from the norm in the hip-hop scene.) We don't believe in using words like "niggas" and "bitches" on the mic.

On Sunday we also work with Craig G, a known hype man from the formerly popular "Juice" parties on Sunday nights at H.O.B. And he has also adapted very well to our philosophy of keeping it a bit cleaner for the ladies.

And on a final note, we now work with resident Chris DeJesus (known for his house music background in Alberqueque.) He opens from 10pm to 11:30pm most nights and has added some very nice sets that incorporate a dancy feel to warm up the night.

Very good stuff going on at OPM.

• 1 month later...

Hi djmasterweb~ Do you offer a guest list? We'll be in town Friday night but our flight doesn't land until 10:30pm. Maybe Saturday or Sunday night would be better, if that's an option. Please let me know, and when we'd need to be there by. Also is there a cut off for guest list requests- same day or...?

Thanks so much and maybe we'll see you this weekend!

Hi djmasterweb~ Do you offer a guest list? We'll be in town Friday night but our flight doesn't land until 10:30pm. Maybe Saturday or Sunday night would be better, if that's an option. Please let me know, and when we'd need to be there by. Also is there a cut off for guest list requests- same day or...?

Thanks so much and maybe we'll see you this weekend!

If you arrive at 10:30, by the time you check in and wash up, you wont be to a club until what time you think? 12?

Hit me up if you wanta join a group of us for afterhours. Will be doing at least 2 afterhours sat night.

Cool. I sent you my email already- let me know what you are thinking. I'm guessing it won't be hard to find spots to check emails? Not sure how to connect with people once we are there otherwise. We're for sure game for a long night Saturday. Friday it depends, we have to drive 3 hours to the airport and we'll be shopping for the day before we leave since we'll be in the states (we're from BC). We're staying at the Trop- for the 24 hour pools- so there'll at least be an after party in the pools there for us and whoever we're with.

My mistake, we land at 10. I must remember to book the limo! Depends on check in for when we'll be ready to go out, but yeah, we're guessing around 12.

My mistake, we land at 10. I must remember to book the limo! Depends on check in for when we'll be ready to go out, but yeah, we're guessing around 12.

Taxis aren't that expensive from the airport, especially to the Trop, and especially-especially if it means you get out to the clubs that much earlier. :pint: