Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TRANCE or HOUSE

mjm

They used to be one and the same, but in Progressive House tracks the music tends to be more spaced out, and the track takens longer to reach its peak, as does the average Progressive track. Progressive music/sets also tend to be slower, and oftentimes include a good dose of Progressive Breaks, Tech House, some Tribal and Electro House, and even some Funky House.

Trance sets tend to start off with some of the more peaktime Progressive and they go faster from there. You might hear a bit of the more harder Techno, or Schranz, a Breakbeat track or two, but mainly the music tends to be a LOT more melodic, more emotional, and full of epic breakdowns.

I've always been into prog house/trance and before then I was into deep House from NY. Being that I was born and raised in Orlando, I got into the breakbeats and drum n bass. BUT I have always loved Prog House and the Deep and Tech House sounds that have evolved.

I guess it depends on my mood as to what I listen to. When I don't listen to any EDM then I'm listening to Depeche Mode, New Order, the Cure, even No Doubt, and alternative (modern rock) rock music.

But back to the EDM shall we:

I have and am still listening to Prog House, Trance, and House music. That's what moves me Be it: Sasha/Digweed, Tiesto, Sandra Collins, Saeed & Palash, Noel Sanger, dj Heather, ECB, Lawnchair Generals, dj Mea, Riot Gear, Mathew Dear, Brando Ness, Les Goodrich, DJ Joshua, James Stratus, dj solange, Der Stokes, any Naked Music set, Subliminal set, or whatever. I listen to it I party to it and it moves me.

I've also got into some breakbeat/vocalists like DJ Keri, who've blown me away with their mixing and vocal arrangements. Vocalists like: Janel Roland (house/deep House), dj Colette (funky house), have also appealed to me as well.

Well in a nutshell I listen to Prog House, Trance, House (deep, funky, experimental), and ocassionally breakbeats as well.

It's all music to me. Whatever moves me at that point in time I'll listen to.

You'll catch me at House Parties more often now then back then. As far as the big names in the genre I'll buy a CD I'm more into the local Florida DJs and out of town Djs that are coming up then any of the big names in the industry. If you want to hear some quality House or Prog House then refer to the names I've mentioned earlier (the ones you might not recognize) and you'll see what I mean

Just my 2 cents

peace,

You're "still spending most your lives living in a [cheesemuncher's] paradise!" :D

yelling to vampress. " i think i got a bite. OH SHIT I GOT ONE!!!

okay then i'll start with you. What kind of music do you listen to?

HOUSE. i'm guessing.

oh boy you're in for a treat.

YOU of all people come on here ranting & raging of trance being cheese & kiddies with glowsticks & inhalers & drugs & this & that. yeah for the most part trance may not be as big of a fad anymore. But House seems like it still is.

House has stuck around & is doing okay. BUT the ones who bash out trance such as yourself make it seem, that because Trance (according to you & other dumbasses) has died out, the drug scene is nowhere near its high with house as it was with trance.

WRONG!!!

It's safe to say that if trance has died out & house has taken over that the drug scene as it's getting bigger & bigger. I mean Space does continue to feed the need of music with its afterhours party & feed the need for all the crackheads who attend giving your scene a worse name than trance ever did.

I mean yeah trance is dead... better yet

TRANCE is not so popular

So u don't see people drugged up & there is no possibility of anyone looking down & talking smack about the trance scene. But you will only find a house scene going strong & also will find something else growing strong.

Your thought about house is that its better, i guess its safe to say your are right. At the same time we can thank your gene for bringing down the trance scene. For those who actually love the music & not the drugs, its a shame cuz there are people out there who can actually enjoy trance without being under the influence of chemiclas of any kind to listen to the music.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO THANK PEOPLE LIKE YOU (philippio) WHO LIKE HOUSE MUSIC & FOR BRINGING DOWN THE TYPE OF MUSIC I ENJOY THE MOST, TRANCE.

Now i know many people can enjoy House without being chemically enhanced to enjoy the music, but its the reality of the truth. So this is not directed in anyone IN PARTICLUAR. I just simply wanna make a clear statement. If i'm wrong, this is my opinion & thats the way i feEl & the way I see it, as far as the trash talking goes about TRANCE give it a rest already. otherwise i will bash on any house thread like u can not imagine. Believe i have no problem doing that. i'm just sick & tired of peeps on here trashing a scene & thinking another scene is much better. well you know what its not. if anything its alot worse.

I was going to make a list of names, but most of the people no longer post here so to get them to come out would be like getting house fans to switch back to TRANCE. likely not gonna happen.

Enjoy your type of music & let everyone else enjoy there own type of music.

hopefully we can once & for all squash the Trance / House bullshit.

&

hopefully we will be able to enjoy the EDM scene however we like to enjoy the scene. in whatever state of mind that would be.

You see the whole purpose of this thread was to see what positive comments/remarks would be made & what negative ones. I got what i was expecting. NONE of the trance bashers actually came out & said anything.

didn't surprise me at all

We all are a big family in the EDM scene. let's try not to make it worse by having negativity about the whole situation amongst all EDM genes, especially

trance.

I APPRECIATE THE ONES WHO POSTED THEIR THOUGHTS & OPINIONS ABOUT THE TOPIC WITHOUT ANY TRASH TALKING. THESE PEEPS ARE TRUE TO THE SCENE. I RESPECT THESE PEOPLE ALOT MORE FOR TAKING THEIR TIME FOR EXPRESSING THEIR HONEST OPINIONS WITHOUT BASHING TRANCE.

NOT LIKE THE ONES WHO BASH TRANCE & MAKE IT SEEM THEIR TYPE OF EDM IS ON TOP OF ANY OTHER & HAVE AVOIDED THE TOPIC COMPLETELY.

MJM

i dont love trance any less then when i did when i first started hearing edm and trance 4 yrs ago. its just now i love soulful house/funky/jazzy deep house or "west coast house" as well.

i listen to both equally thru my downloaded stuff. i listen to asot religiously and i also download a lot of deep house stuff.

when i go out obviously i hear house more its the way of Miami. though its not the type of house i love. miami is into progressive and tribal (more so progressive right now)

if it was not for aquabooty and the lust 4 house crews i would not be able to hear the kind of house i truly love.

as for trance...... eric knows im a huge fan. tues is a very difficult day to go out esp in my situation right now which i does not require an explanation as its personal.

but if i could i would be there as much as i could on tues. eric plays "good trance"

i miss edgar v big time at crobar. all u guys now i only missed his residency there two times.... that is even a better track record then even KOKY.

and once i missed it cuz i was sick as hell and the other cuz i went to see TIESTO AT SPACE.........

love trance and love deep house......... :)

i have not dissed trance nor will jump ship... i need both kinds of music in my diet. based on the mood im in..... im not always in the mood to jump and go nuts to trance.. at times i want to hear some sexy deep and funky house (migs, kaskade (both my two fav house djs right now), to djs i just got into like dj heather)

for trance its all about ferry corsten and armin for me...... tiesto's stuff has gotten commerical sort of and PVD ive stated my reasons for not listing him as one of my favorites anymore..... way too hard technoish stuff (i dislike techno for the most part)........... and wont deny that!!!

PVD is hit or miss he rocks it at outdoor venues like ULTRA or his best set ive heard in yrs at last yrs 4th of july blast... yet sucks donkey balls at space

that is alll

You tried nothing sugar....you're expecting a "specific answer" that hasnt

popped up and you're dissapointed by that. :)

Oh no baby, I am not upset at all..................just that Manny and myself were talking about something and alot of people proved us RIGHT :)!!!!

I think we can safely say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :beer: ..............I will say this when it comes down to it all we are all part of one BIG EDM FAMILY, and we are all in it for one thing THE LOVE OF MUSIC and thats all that should matter!!!!

Oh no baby, I am not upset at all..................just that Manny and myself were talking about something and alot of people proved us RIGHT :)!!!!

I think we can safely say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :beer: ..............I will say this when it comes down to it all we are all part of one BIG EDM FAMILY, and we are all in it for one thing THE LOVE OF MUSIC and thats all that should matter!!!!

click & open to listen

Your thought about house is that its better, i guess its safe to say your are right. At the same time we can thank your gene for bringing down the trance scene. For those who actually love the music & not the drugs, its a shame cuz there are people out there who can actually enjoy trance without being under the influence of chemiclas of any kind to listen to the music.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO THANK PEOPLE LIKE YOU (philippio) WHO LIKE HOUSE MUSIC & FOR BRINGING DOWN THE TYPE OF MUSIC I ENJOY THE MOST, TRANCE.

Last night at Crobar, I met up with some friends who I haven't seen since high school, and they told me "Ah, you gonna hang out in the trance room" Trance room? No way, it's house music. "What's the difference?" they said...there is a difference. People who just don't really know bundle trance, house, basically all types of EDM and call it "trance" music. :rolleyes:

So in the sense, I agree 100% with what MJM said here....

Trance #1 in my :heart::tongue:

Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance

Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance Trance

i've been watching this thread and just had to add my .02... as someone who attended their 15th wmc this year, i've been through a lot of ups and down with this music. many permutations of the basic 4 on the floor disco beat. and to this day, i can only answer to the question: "i like dance music."

see, the music industry is one big pie, and dance music is a small enough sliver of that as it is. as it is, it would be absurd to claim the importance for dance music that we seem to. it means a lot to us because we "get it" but it's such a small piece of the pie that the rest of the industry gets a laugh out of us. well, i don't mind that so much, but as we have created more divisions amongst ourselves over the years and intensified those divisions and built higher walls between our sub-genres, well our collective ship has taken on water. i doubt it could totally sink but look at the decline in sales of every type of dance music, and the worldwide decline in clubnights, etc. it's still strong in some places like miami, but most of you would agree that hip hop has displace a huge amount of the dance music diaspora that was once to be found all over south beach. as one industry heavyweight told me recently regarding dance music, "nobody gives a fuck." of course he then wrote me a check for the remix i had just completed for him and thanked me, so at least *one person* gave a fuck, that day anyway.

some of you know me or of me, and the music i have made and played over the years, and some of you dont. i was resistant to the type of trance a lot of you like because it got a little too "big sounding" for me. i warmed up to it though because i toured with tiesto for 2 years and saw how much it meant to a lot of people. not that i was or am going to start making or playing tracks at 140 bpm, but i wont ever question another's vision. in fact, in retrospect, i like that type of trance somewhat better than the head-up-it's-own arse progressive that resulted as a kneejerk reaction to that type of trance... you know, the anonymous-sounding dark stuff with a kickdrum, congaloop, echoeffects and scary male vocal samples? its was great for a minute but damn, 2 years of that and people really started to hate progressive. i'm guilty of that somewhat. i'm glad prog has found its way again, and funny thing is, its the trance fans that are digging it, the old prog fans of yore are into like tech house and stuff. which i like a lot too. i just like dance music.

i could type on and one on this topic, but it would be the post equivalent of some 14 minute epic house track from 1995 and would bore most of you to tears. i'll keep it to 9 minutes instead. i just think that a big portion of dance music's strength in the 90's came from a mutli genre appreciation, and a big rave scene that always had different styles of music at every party. in the main room even. don't know if that would work now, but it's worth remembering for the paradigm shift. i just like *good* dance music.

so, agreed on one big family. and skytraveler, 'sup dude. thanks for listening still.

peace

noel sanger

how did u type it that many times? did u cut copy paste it?

Last week I chased a racoon with my bicycle. When I finally caught up to it, I noticed it was foaming at the mouth. So I fed it a dirty sock and called the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta. They instructed me not to induce vomiting. So I got back on my bike and ran over the racoon's tail. :D

Last week I chased a racoon with my bicycle. When I finally caught up to it, I noticed it was foaming at the mouth. So I fed it a dirty sock and called the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta. They instructed me not to induce vomiting. So I got back on my bike and ran over the racoon's tail. :D

:lol3::rofl:

mahalomenehune is right, u guys post the most random messages :biggrin: