Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Webster Hall??????

Hey whats up. Not from NYC but I'm a student here now. Wanted to know what the scene is like at Webster Hall on Fridays, specifically this Friday/22. Is it gonna be bumpin or what? What's the deal with the EZ pass they got on their website where you can pre-buy admission and open bar all nite for like $50?? Is it legit?? Also, whats a good time to go when the line-up isn't that bad (also be like 4 guys with me). Thanks ahead. PO

The only worse club is probably avalon but avalon does get better music generally than webster. If you're a grown up go to crobar or cielo. A mixture of music heads and the sexy.

:half:

first ....."if you're a grown up".... wtf is that suppose to mean????

So, only kids go to other clubs? Last time I checked I've been a "grown up" for quiet some time, probably even since you were still learning how to use the potty. And I don't go to Webster anymore. The times when this place was to my likening are gone long time ago.

( this part does not pertain to you, luztidara )

second ....... Webster is the biggest tourist trap, and anyone who claims that Webster playes "Techno music" doesn't know wtf they're talking about anyway. MOLSON09 Go educate yourself befor you generalize the "Electronic/Dance music sector" as "TECHNO" . Webster doesn't play "TECHNO"

Quiet frankly I'm pretty tired of these ignorant people . So that alone shows what kinda people go to Webster Hall. Now I'm NOT judging or hating , just merely making a statement. To each his own.... has always been my motto..... so don't come with that crap.

The other thing that bothers me is ..... every style of music attracks a certain type of crowd. And from my experience some of these do not mix together. At Webster you have alot of different styles, which is good for business, from the owners perspective. To me as the customer, Not. At least at other places I only have to deal with maybe 1-2 different crowds, so, less opportunities for confrontation. And I know that most of the people come for the same music I like. Which gives it a more pleasant vibe because more people are on the same level.

They had deep underground house at WH? ....this got to be the statement of the week.

Can you give me an example of track they played that would qualify as deep underground house?

first of all befor I call you a smartass....... lets agree on a timeframe......

Where were you btw. 95-98?

Agree with Starchild. WH was a good club when it first opened. Not easy to get into and good underground music back in 95. Was also one of the few places like limelight and tunnel where you were most likely to get something put in your drink. All the stuff you saw at Exit and Factory like the trapeeze and stage performances all started at webster hall. It was definatly an off the wall place that just went commercial. But of all the "drug" clubs its the only one that stayed open so they cant be too bad off as for making money and cleaning up thier act.

Guest endlessnight

What style or styles of music are being played in the main room at WH ? I haven't been there in years and cannot remember anything about the music other than that it was some form of dance !

Peace,

en

first of all befor I call you a smartass....... lets agree on a timeframe......

Where were you btw. 95-98?

95-96, no real idea about what was going on, sure (except the stories I heard about Tunnel, Sound Factory, Sound Factory Bar...). '97, '98 I was around, but didn't go there (was more into Arena, Body&Soul, Life, Tunnel, Twilo, Jackie60 but it's a while back and a little blurry :) ).

WH did not make it in history though, so I have a feeling other places might have been better anyway. Why don't you check Shelter out, they've been going on for years and are a staple of "deep underground house".

And Re: trapeze and all the crazy things, they had that at Studio 54 and Co. ; I am not sure we could say this club or that club started it. It's performance acts and they had that in lots of good fun places (Roxy had the infamous swing).

buq.