Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who was the 1st House DJ you heard?

first cd was tranzworld 3....

first club was palladium in the bronx when i was 14....lol gotta love the teen nites

dj chaos was the first house dj i heard....my friends cousin gave me a tape...it was pretty good...good enuf to get me hookeddd

First Club - Emrald City - Glenn Frisha was the DJ

First House Tape - Had to be The Todd Terry Project in 88 ( I don't think that was my true house tape, but that is the one that really changed my life)

As far as the first house DJ I ever heard, it was Todd Gardner (Subliminal) when I was like 12 years old. He spun at my older cousins birthday party. ( I was pretty much hooked from there)

I have been around for a long time, I only regret missing the last party that Tony played at Zanzibar, cause I was out of town.

wow... some of you brought me back...way back...back in the day.....

My 1st (major)House club...was the tunnel, I think it was 93 cant remember who was spinning I was to shocked at what I was a witness too...it was like a circus, and all the freaks were lose! (I loved it)

I remember feeling overwhelmed and didnt want to leave - The music consumed me and I was non the happier.

The first DJ was JV, Old Sound Factory...my brother use to bring back tapes for me - he was better at sneaking out then I was. lol

I'm not sure of my Offical 1st house CD, because I generally had Tapes (back then CD players were expensive) and if it wasnt JV or Moralles, it was a Compilation.

Love Eric Morillo def. a favorite...

I have the richard humpty vision vs. bad boy bill - house connection 2 (or I had... some one lifted it....and I've missed it dearly)

along with Frankie Knuckles....UD

i remember staying up late on the weekends early 90's listen to Clivilles and Cole (C&C music factory) spinning late night on the radio... I love all the moive and cartoon clips they'd sample...

2nd club exp. was Pallidium...Area with JV...damn I loved his dancers...

i was into the industrial scene in before house... but for house i would go to outlaw-raves a lot in Brooklyn and long island... most of them were friends that d.j.'ed.... Frankie bones at Voodoo/ Caffeine on Long Island... i guess dj Bent would be one i could think of that i really like... then i worked at Tunnel... so that was a fun time... all new to me at the time.....Keoki at limelight was the "thing" but i really did not like him much...

First time was Milkbar in Philly when Robbie Tronco was there.

First time in NYC was at Twilo with Robbie Tronco, Armand Van Helden and DJ Sneak for a Nervous records party.

OMG that place was sick. It was like the most odd looking place on the outside, but inside was crazy. Like an old church or something, i could be wrong?

I can't remember a damn thing from that place, but i was there every weekend.

Yeh, the place was nuts. I don't remember what the actual building was used for. I always thought it was some type of old country club or house. They used to hold the parties in the basement, and they'd pack hundreds of people in there. All of the post CPI crowd used to pack in there around 5 am, and the party would go strong well into the mid afternoon hours.

first time i heard good dance music was an old jumpin' jack frost tape from about 89, that i got a hold of in 91. it snowballed with a load of house and rave tapes till i was old enough to get into clubs where the first good house dj i seen was glen molloy (local hero at the time).

had loads of cds and tapes but i never got bitten by the quality house bug till 94-95 with the fathers of sound, the sashadigweed2headedbeast and a whole host of fuckers that are not as good as i thought back then. cunts :)

werd... thanksgiving eve???

yeah i was upstairs a bit but i wasnt in to the music up there much... crazy first clubbing experience... i walk out at like 8:30-9 and i see floats going by...

That party was called FEAST ... it was a rave back in 98 i think. The first installment too, there were 3 more after that

I was a valet parking attendant for Tunnel right after i graduated high school.. and right after work i was able to walk into the club for free ... that was summer of 1997. I know what i saw, and even in my stupid valet bow tie and black slacks i stayed till 9am that day .. and saw how hard the party was still going ... i vowed to come back ..

1st tape - i had connected the out put from my comptuer to my stereo receiver and BAM i started recording live jungle sets off digitalnoise.com.

1st offical party - fantasia 4 @ metropolis - whitestone queens ..

i saw kids so wacked running in to flushing bay .. yes flushing bay... that body of water next to laguardi airport that smells like hooker ass after a busy night

First "real" club was Emerald City back in 91 - Glenn Friscia on the set - walked into Two In A Room " 3 on a Mic track"

First house song I fell in love with Can You Party - Toddy Terry

Used to listen to C&C and Glenn Friscia back on Hot 97 Saturday Night Dance Parties

Best night at a club - Babylon in Philly Thanksgiving Eve - 1999, drove up withh Sal Parm and he tore that place up

I was a valet parking attendant for Tunnel right after i graduated high school.. and right after work i was able to walk into the club for free ... that was summer of 1997. I know what i saw, and even in my stupid valet bow tie and black slacks i stayed till 9am that day .. and saw how hard the party was still going ... i vowed to come back ..

1st tape - i had connected the out put from my comptuer to my stereo receiver and BAM i started recording live jungle sets off digitalnoise.com.

1st offical party - fantasia 4 @ metropolis - whitestone queens ..

i saw kids so wacked running in to flushing bay .. yes flushing bay... that body of water next to laguardi airport that smells like hooker ass after a busy night

I was at that party too!!!! (Fantasia 4)

i've always heard the dance/commercial stuff. but the first time i heard anything good was in 95 or so, it was josh winx's don't laugh, and then i got a jungle sky vol2 cd. and then i just got more and more shit.

many from old days- juan atkins, frankie knuckles, junior, dante, carlos [sf], keoki, orbital....doc martin,

I mean who were the most frequent nyc tunnel-limelight-roxy djs from 1987-1995?? then robots...

1993 Was a rave called Eden 2 - Josh Wink and Keoki

First time I heard house was a year or 2 before that when I got a mix tape from my bro of some euro\german house.

Someone mentioned Gonzo... we had him and Tommy Tunes out here years ago for some parties. Those are some awesome guys and dj's. They still around?

actually I have to say the very first mixed tape i heard was not considered house music but freestyle/disco stuff - it was hot - dj dropping accapellas over other songs beats - drop samples over and over and then playing the entire track out

i got the tape from a kid back in 1986 who worked in an Arcade in Brooklyn - everyone knows him now as FRANKIE BONES!!!

actually I have to say the very first mixed tape i heard was not considered house music but freestyle/disco stuff - it was hot - dj dropping accapellas over other songs beats - drop samples over and over and then playing the entire track out

i got the tape from a kid back in 1986 who worked in an Arcade in Brooklyn - everyone knows him now as FRANKIE BONES!!!

thats sick :)

first club had to be escapes in long island on teen night in 1989, french kiss was the greatest record that year. we would also battle other kids and dance all night. some of my other first records were maurice, this is acid, and doug lazy let the rythmn pump. Also deskee, let there be house was one of my favorites. Also i cant forget break for love.

my first older teen experience was probably limelight the dj was most likely gonzo and I was hooked for every.