Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good Names For A Nightclub

mrvegas

hahaha, something like that actually happened to me in vegas this past weekend, at the HOB at 80's night on friday. These 4 chicks asked us act like we were together so these douches would leave them alone. How often you go to STL?

v. often .

Has any thing replaced what Soma used to bring in Boulder?

In terms of bringing groups into the state, sure. Vinyl has gone about 4-5 months now with at least one major act every week. Tiesto last Friday, Sasha on Mem Day Sunday (although I was in LV then), Digweed this coming Saturday... and Vinyl has a *sweet* sound system and booth in the main areana. There's been a real huge swing of support for trance/progressive out here in the past year, which had led The Church to follow suit pretty regularly on Thursdays; Tall Paul this week and Christopher Lawrence next week.

As for Boulder though, the halcyon days are behind us... when I could walk down the street from my house and go underground at Soma to check out the same big names... hell, they use to pull in guys like DJ Dmitri and not even charge cover. [shedding a small tear] There's a "swanky martiny lounge" now occupying Soma's space, and every once in a while they pull in a decent DJ but it's just lost the old vibe.

The life cycles of clubs and the scene never ceases to surprise me. For me it was about 2000 or so that the Vegas clubs really started bringing in the DJs that eventually led to my making an LV trip every 5-6 weeks, largely because the Denver scene was just lacking in terms of the music. There were some good desert parties and whatnot, but I'll be honest, I'm a whore when it comes to top of the line sound systems and a packed house.

Soma was the beginning of a great thing, and as much as I miss its demise there's no question it helped show the way as now there's at least two big trance/prog/house nights every week, in addition to other great club events for other music (although true hip-hop is still a bit weak).

Bringing this back to the focus of Vegas, I'm more addicted than ever only now it's less because the club experience is less about the music for me and more about the vibe, especially after hours. Denver may bring in the music, but the crowds will just never bring the scene they way they do in Vegas. (or LA, NYC, Chicago, Miami, London, IB... but none of those are a 9-hour drive away)

I think lucky would be cool for a club in Vegas or something with the word luck. And maybe if a really nice lounge was called Play i think that would be cool too. The whole Vegas thing with people betting, adult playground, etc...

I dunno maybe its cheesey.

In terms of bringing groups into the state, sure. Vinyl has gone about 4-5 months now with at least one major act every week. Tiesto last Friday, Sasha on Mem Day Sunday (although I was in LV then), Digweed this coming Saturday... and Vinyl has a *sweet* sound system and booth in the main areana. There's been a real huge swing of support for trance/progressive out here in the past year, which had led The Church to follow suit pretty regularly on Thursdays; Tall Paul this week and Christopher Lawrence next week.

As for Boulder though, the halcyon days are behind us... when I could walk down the street from my house and go underground at Soma to check out the same big names... hell, they use to pull in guys like DJ Dmitri and not even charge cover. [shedding a small tear] There's a "swanky martiny lounge" now occupying Soma's space, and every once in a while they pull in a decent DJ but it's just lost the old vibe.

The life cycles of clubs and the scene never ceases to surprise me. For me it was about 2000 or so that the Vegas clubs really started bringing in the DJs that eventually led to my making an LV trip every 5-6 weeks, largely because the Denver scene was just lacking in terms of the music. There were some good desert parties and whatnot, but I'll be honest, I'm a whore when it comes to top of the line sound systems and a packed house.

Soma was the beginning of a great thing, and as much as I miss its demise there's no question it helped show the way as now there's at least two big trance/prog/house nights every week, in addition to other great club events for other music (although true hip-hop is still a bit weak).

Bringing this back to the focus of Vegas, I'm more addicted than ever only now it's less because the club experience is less about the music for me and more about the vibe, especially after hours. Denver may bring in the music, but the crowds will just never bring the scene they way they do in Vegas. (or LA, NYC, Chicago, Miami, London, IB... but none of those are a 9-hour drive away)

Thats cool, thanks for the info, I remember seeing q burns at soma the night before we did a tent at the sun fest that roofless used to do out there.

I think lucky would be cool for a club in Vegas or something with the word luck. And maybe if a really nice lounge was called Play i think that would be cool too. The whole Vegas thing with people betting, adult playground, etc...

I dunno maybe its cheesey.

what about sin? if you are thinking along those lines?

Secrets

I like the others but this one just sounds a little too much like a carpeted, mirrored club out of the Seventies or something. Maybe it's just because it reminds of a really tacky club in Waikiki called Rumors.

I always wanted to have a club called "Timeless."

The rule is when you walked in you gave up everything that could tell time... you left when you were done partying!!

No worries, no time, just party!

I dig that man! Would be tough with all the cell phones and stuff but cool concept.