Clubplanet Nightlife Community

green velvet?

so im thinking of going to avalon again next saturday and i see the dj is green velvet. i can't remember any songs by green velvet but part of me is thinking that ive heard velvets songs and dont like them. can anyone tell me songs by green velvet or whether or not it is worth seeing?

infected mushroom was good this weekend...then the fire dept. came and ruined the groove.

La La Land, and the one that goes.....cameras ready, prepare to flash. Those are the only ones I can think of.

BTW, what was the deal w/ the fire dept. coming in last wknd?

some genius pulled the fire alarm, and the whole place had to be checked just to make sure

:working:

Hes good live...Its a live PA right? He wont be mixing tracks but more performing his live.

I saw him at the Hammerstein a few years back. Not too bad. I like him alot so it was worth it for me to go see him live.

Alias is Cajmere.

All I gotta say is get Green Velvet - Killer Bees.

Heard this at a rave in portugal. Lemme just tell you it is the most disgusting song....I LOVE IT. You have to just think to yourself what this guy was on when making this song lol.

Tek

Hes good live...Its a live PA right? He wont be mixing tracks but more performing his live.

I saw him at the Hammerstein a few years back. Not too bad. I like him alot so it was worth it for me to go see him live.

Alias is Cajmere.

All I gotta say is get Green Velvet - Killer Bees.

Heard this at a rave in portugal. Lemme just tell you it is the most disgusting song....I LOVE IT. You have to just think to yourself what this guy was on when making this song lol.

Tek

u took the words out of my mouth.,. last time i saw him was at i have a dream at hammerstein in like 2002? definatelty considering going to avalon to see him.,.

he spins under the name cashmere.,.
That would be Cajmere.

He's an amazing producer, great dj, and even a great live act! He's often credited as the main man of the second wave of House music coming out of Chicago (via his Label Cajmere records).

I am just sad he's stuck at Limelight, seems to be a kid playground there.

I'm losing my mind .... I'm losing my mind .... I'm losing my mind ....

I think I might go to there just for the hell of it! Scare the little kiddies and their little balooooons :)

Last time he was at avalon he came as Cajmere, but at the end of the set did a live PA of La, La, La land and ripped the place a new anus ... first dood where's my scene and then green velvet .. its like the old skool just blew up in NYC for this weekend only!!

green velvet is awesome so long as he shows up ;)

typically when he appears as green velvet, he does a live PA and when he is cajmere he is dj-ing (which he is not quite as good at) - although he sometimes does the alter-ego thing where he dj's as green velvet...

best tracks are la-la-land, perculator, flash, etc.

i think he is more in the techno genre rather than house (one of the chicago techno pioneers). regardless, i highly recommend! should be a great show!

green velvet is awesome so long as he shows up ;)

typically when he appears as green velvet, he does a live PA and when he is cajmere he is dj-ing (which he is not quite as good at) - although he sometimes does the alter-ego thing where he dj's as green velvet...

best tracks are la-la-land, perculator, flash, etc.

i think he is more in the techno genre rather than house (one of the chicago techno pioneers). regardless, i highly recommend! should be a great show!

agreed about the techno part....he is not very housey.

Did u find a good techno night alli?

Last time he was at avalon he came as Cajmere, but at the end of the set did a live PA of La, La, La land and ripped the place a new anus ... first dood where's my scene and then green velvet .. its like the old skool just blew up in NYC for this weekend only!!

Its Gonna be a GREAT WEEKEND for SURE!!! :bounce:

werd up... he's straightup techno... saw him with bad boy bill like 2 years ago... shit was insane.. i would love to see the dj's that spin at avalon but i know i wont have a good time... the people there suck at life..

Actually last time he was at avalon was last year and he came as Green Velvet. He was alright but when he came to Limelight back in 2001 as cajmere he rocked the place. I perfer cajmere over green velvet. Cajmee is just harder

actually i came across the flyer a few days ago while cleaning... i think it was feb of 2004... my bust.. he was pretty hard for me that time though

hey there fwilso01! i never did get to any techno :( i wanted to hit some of the suggestions from this board, but between work engagements there wasn't a good night. i'm back in chicago now and ready for some marco bailey techno this saturday night!