Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boris classics @ Crobar Review

Had an awesome time, was packed as hell, supposidly it beat morillo numbers, over 5000 peopple....

some tracks.

plasmic honey- take me to the top

plasmic honey - ride the trip

mauro picotto - lizard

knight breed - your love

TKC - Thats it

Veronica - Release Me

Tim Rex - Relentless

again not to sound like a dick or soemthing, but from that small tracklisting why would they call it "CLASSICS"?

I guess 'classics' parties these days apply to any tunes that were big and memorable even if they were only from 5 years ago and not 15-20. I guess you were expecting somethin like Mr. Fingers "Can You Feel It" and or 808 state etc..? lol, it's cool though i get your point, but i guess these 'classics' parties are just about playin tunes between 1995-2005.

i don't know how anyone had a good time until mabe 6 am, and not musically , just because there werent 50 million people anymore..i can safely say i will never go back to boris at crobar again , i've never been bumped and pushed so much at any club ever.

...let me start off by saying that the 'party' in itself was a blast - great looking crowd, great vibe (everyone seemed to be on the same page), and a pretty decent track selection...just by looking at the crowd over from VIP you can tell it beat Morillo in numbers...

...however place wayyyyy too crowed, should have known since it took us 3 hours between gettin into the city, finding parking, and waiting online. Not to mention, once we were inside - THE HEAT WAS JUST UNBEARABLE...I actually think it was hotter than Avalon on a packed night. Everyone was completey drenched in sweat and I'm surprised I didnt pass out from heat exhuastion...jeez!!!

...however my biggest complaint besides the heat was of course, Boring Boris, dude, I am not a musical genius nor do I pretend to be but seemed to me that he didnt even put any effort into mixing the songs together. My sister, who started goin to Twilo when she was 18 (she turned 27 today) was like, "WTF?!? seems as if he is playing Junior Vasquez Vol. 2 and SF Classics Last Dance cds and just hit the 'random' buttom on the cd player"...yes, it was that bad...and yes, the track selection was more like a Webster Hall greatest hits cd BUT the crowd was really into it brought in 5000 peeps so I guess they are doin something right and not too mention my friends and I did not stop dancing except to wipe the pools of sweat off our faces

btw, I havent been to Crobar since my birthday which was in March for Danny Tenaglia and I must say that the crowd was more 'behaved' (if I can say that) maybe cause we didtn get in till 3am, and the mostly drinking crowd was fed up and left early, who knows...we left at 8am and it was still packed and goin strong.

Overall it was a good time out, the fact that I heard 'The Wave' for the first time in yearsssss made my night, although I didnt have my glowsticks and sneakers like in the good ole days to make it complete

I got there around 1230 to find an enormous line. After an hour wait get in and its beyond pack. Me and my friends found a spot at the top of the stairs. I was just looking out to a sea of people, the dance floor was so crowded that people could not dance. reminded me of being at exit looking down at the dancefloor on a packed night. In the middle of it all you see some idiot with glowsticks on strings. When its that packed its scary, godforbid a fire started, not many would of gotten out. Early crowds suck, so many drunk ass'. around 6 the place thined to a nice crowd with a good vibe. I think crobar has the best staff in the city. That bartender dancing around 2 was sexy. The music was very good, my legs gave out. I hung around just listening for about an hour. I left around 10am and it was still really good. I think they closed around 130 or so

In all a great night but def should of slept and then went around 7 or 8am

beat morillos numbers . . .imagine that . . .sound to me like a crobar groupie is sweating the impending arrival of ericks new club pacha and is trying to hype up a crowded saturday night at crobar beyond reason - crobar wont even let erick spin on saturdays bc he would shut down manhattan . . .why do you think his last gig was on a friday?

beat morillos numbers . . .imagine that . . .sound to me like a crobar groupie is sweating the impending arrival of ericks new club pacha and is trying to hype up a crowded saturday night at crobar beyond reason - crobar wont even let erick spin on saturdays bc he would shut down manhattan . . .why do you think his last gig was on a friday?

ummm, Erick was at Crobar every 2nd Fri of each month over the winter, I believe its what his schedule allowed him to do, not b/c Crobar 'wont let him' besides if you werent at both shows, like I and a few others were, how would you know?

...and who really gives a shit about Pacha?? Morillo is played out, nuthin beats him at Discotheque, which only holds a couple hundred, so hush newbie

ummm, Erick was at Crobar every 2nd Fri of each month over the winter, I believe its what his schedule allowed him to do, not b/c Crobar 'wont let him' besides if you werent at both shows, like I and a few others were, how would you know?

...and who really gives a shit about Pacha?? Morillo is played out, nuthin beats him at Discotheque, which only holds a couple hundred, so hush newbie

damn! it's getting rough in this thread :gang:

Its Danny Tenaglias record that they "supposidly beat" since i was not their i dont know how much they did. But in defense to Tenaglias birthday party which did 4400 people. They also had to close the doors @ 3 AM due to the fight. and the line was estimated to have about 1000 people their. SO IMAGINE what Danny "could" of been but regardless Boris did his thing and he keeps people coming back. He may not be a "world reknown" dj and probably never will. but he makes the owners of Crobar happy and the promoters cant go wrong by booking him. Yes what he played isnt really classics IMO but they arent new either. Its not like Silence is played every night you go out. Well if it is then shame on the dj/clubs you go to. The boris parties arent about the music. Its about the crowd, the good times, and how fucked up you can get. Fridays are about music with Sander K and Falcon and all the other WORLD SUPERSTAR djs. Doesnt mean Boris plays shit, its just not mindblowing stuff that I say "OMG WHERE CAN I FIND THIS TRACK" Its usually "OMG IVE HAD THIS TRACK FOR ABOUT 5 WEEKS NOW, but its good"

The music was better for Boris than anything that I heard from JP the night before at Spirit... it was a freakin sweat box in there cuz the a/c was busted... i got in around 4:15 and stayed until 9:00 supposedly it went on past 3pm cuz one of my friends left at 3 and the party was still goin on... I tried to make sure to remember some track listings but nothing is coming to me right now besides

Aretha Franklin - Respect

Whintey Houston - Its not right

Witch-doctor

Rain...... ?

Let's be honest people I have to agree with cynstam21 almost completely. but before I go into my screed about how shitty everything is I want to say some good things. The drinks Strong as hell so strong infact I only bought one cause by the time I finished it it was 4:40. God Bless you hot bar chick. The Security Much love they did an excellent job last night I have to say. the Crowd Was Friendlier than I expected Everyone was in a good mood for the most part and I didn't see any fights a very well behaved crowd. Now for the bad, Boris Boris Boring. I have never sweat so much in a place not Dancing. The place was way way way too packed WaY WAY to packed. the track selection sucked. As bad as boris's track selection was he has gotten much much better at mixing and his track selection was better than morillos

Got there at 1 left at 7

BTW the Stage show around 6:30 was that green velvet?

about "classics"

lots say those are not truly classics......I think about it like this ...

classics to me are form when i first started going out ....96 or so .....i was 16...

not being 26 those songs being 10 yrs old are def classics to me...and what i expect out of a classics party.....anythgin before that I may not even know

hearing "respect" one of my first favorites brought me back

those who think songs that were played were not classics' are prob older and ina different league, but also the majority of clubbers are prob from the age of 21 to let's say 30..

so granted he could have gone back further....but then you would have lots of people who may not have recognized tracks and shit...

got to please the masses ya know......and judging by the crowds reactions to songs like

relentless,

answring machine track (not sure if that is name)

baby wants to ride etc etc

the crowd was more then please

the crowd was brought back to just the write time in their musical memories..

just my .2 cents

and of course boris could have gone back ..but it was more of a big fridays classic party..the party that really put him on the map IMO....

about "classics"

lots say those are not truly classics......I think about it like this ...

classics to me are form when i first started going out ....96 or so .....i was 16...

not being 26 those songs being 10 yrs old are def classics to me...and what i expect out of a classics party.....anythgin before that I may not even know

hearing "respect" one of my first favorites brought me back

those who think songs that were played were not classics' are prob older and ina different league, but also the majority of clubbers are prob from the age of 21 to let's say 30..

so granted he could have gone back further....but then you would have lots of people who may not have recognized tracks and shit...

got to please the masses ya know......and judging by the crowds reactions to songs like

relentless,

answring machine track (not sure if that is name)

baby wants to ride etc etc

the crowd was more then please

the crowd was brought back to just the write time in their musical memories..

just my .2 cents

and of course boris could have gone back ..but it was more of a big fridays classic party..the party that really put him on the map IMO....

classics take on a different meaning for different people..

for the crowd that was at crobar, i think boris def did play the "right" classics.

I tried to go around 5 but didn't feel like waiting in line (even though it wasn't that long). I would have LOVED to hear "Release Me" though...definitely one of my favorite cheesy 90's songs. I didn't know it was classics night.

I tried to go around 5 but didn't feel like waiting in line (even though it wasn't that long). I would have LOVED to hear "Release Me" though...definitely one of my favorite cheesy 90's songs. I didn't know it was classics night.

thanks for the support sat btw hun :kiss2:

classics take on a different meaning for different people..

for the crowd that was at crobar, i think boris def did play the "right" classics.

yeah that about sums it up

older people willlook at what he played and say wtf is that crap ..

for me...the 26 yr old....it was a perfect set...or the perfect songs that fit into my classics category ...

so at least I was happy...sorry for those older ones that were not...

you were there and you didnt try to find me????

WTF? I am deeply hurt ...its ok, I looked like a drowned rat, well more than usual

i didnt know youd be there..

i was standing on the speaker near the main bar for most of the night..

i never seen crobar so crowded before..

yeah that about sums it up

older people willlook at what he played and say wtf is that crap ..

for me...the 26 yr old....it was a perfect set...or the perfect songs that fit into my classics category ...

so at least I was happy...sorry for those older ones that were not...

John Paul, you know I love you so I am gonna tell it how it is...

I have no complaints about the track selection, yes, I am 'older' ( 30 to be exact) but I am just as cheesey as the next guy/girl -

Women Beat Their Men

Fly Life

Rain

Nightmare

what pisses me off is that people say that Boris is 'the new JP' nigga puhlease!!! why? cause he caters to the masses? probably so, but I cant stand stand to hear that when the guy doesnt put any effort into mixing, I dont want to make this a whose better JP or Boris thread casue it isnt and it shouldn't be b/c the 2 cant even be compaired. that's my .02 son

Sorry I didnt run into you nor Dennis would had loved to chill with you both, I'm sure you had a blast just as we did ;) See ya soon