Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Its Official and NOBODY can say OTHERWISE!

xxboxx

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you think Lawler, Tenaglia, Boris, Masters at Work, and ERIC MORILLO learned their styles.....from going to JP parties BACK IN THE DAY.

god you young kids need to learn

I cant speak for the rest but your 100 % wrong about Boris ..

he prob heard Jp spin a handfull of times he spun on saturday night while JP was at SF ..so how could he .......and only time in last year is cause i dragged him to closing of spirit that time...

also I would like to know why you think teneglia learned from him ....

they are nothing alike IMO

he prob heard Jp spin a handfull of times he spun on saturday night while JP was at SF ..so how could he .......and only time in last year is cause i dragged him to closing of spirit that time...

Ya I seen boris ripping it in the circle that night. We had a short convo where I thought he was someone else. Later on I realized it was him lol.

anyway, back to the night...

one story i heard was this kid purchased 2 bottle @ 275 a pop just to poor over his friends head........ wow

that just goes to show the vibe that was in that building

money was not an issue for anyone...it was just about fun

overall best night i have ever had! glad to have been a part of the history on sunday!

No he did something right, and that was get his sorry ass on MTV and all the lil kiddies on the show OBSESSED OVER HIM. So, following in true MTV brainwashing, people who wanted to have a piece of the ever glamorous NYC night life immediately latched on to him. Thinking that he was the best DJ ever, only because MTV had him on.

well biz wise....cant knock his hustle.....most people just hate on him.....I dont go to his parties any more unless I am throwing them ..cause I cant stand the crowd...and I usually working .....so I just leave it alone

I have love for jp as a Dj ...I mean i spent years going to Sf...but if anyone thinks SF was all about JP then they are surely mistaken ....it was more then just him ....but that is whatever..

I cannot really comment on his skills as of late...cause I have not been to a a party of his in a long time..

but you are IGNORANT ( nto to you elevated) to judge a Dj that you have not heard spin in a long itme...as I am sure many people on this board do ,.,,

he draws crowds now cause they are the younger people and 18 over......good for him ....he is laughin at these threads all the way to the bank

good for him ....

LMAO, are you 18, were you there for PARADISE GARAGE, when JP was showing Danny how to spin the keys to Donna Summer tracks in the back room?

god, kids today

why do you have to try to be a douche ....

I asked simple ques.....respond intelligently and educate instead of trying to be a wise ass...

I am 27 btw .....good to know that that happened between them ....nwo I know....I know that they have always had a mutual respect for each other and that is cool...

but I am sure there many dj's influence each other...but I assuem you know everyones history

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Try going to a club outside of th states. Try listening to real music. AND TRY LISTENING TO REAL MIXING. AGRESSIVE? whats aggressive mixing? offbeat with fucked up volumes. Pusies cant handle it? what areu talking about. Now im def with xxboxx . You just proved everyones point. NO IDEA.

EDIT*

DUDE- BEATSTOCK?

Wow...your right man, beatstock is def a clubbing experience to die for. LMAOOOOOOOOOO i cant get over this.

i am sure stymie has!! and to reply mine. i have been all over and my music taste is vast.. sorry i know how to enjoy myself.. why would i pay the money because why not.. its 30 or more any were else in the city at this moment.. unless you go to a much smaller venue.. all you need to know is i went for the music and to dance.. i already know going into it i will have a good time.. you really are uptight.. relax bro..

look, I dont mean to be a douche, nomembername told me about this board when we met at a JP party waaaaay back in the day, and he told me to be aware of all the JP haters that are on here.....sorry if i get defensive

yeah well I am not hating .....far from it..

just asked the ques...

I am 27 ...been around for a while.....hung / know Jp for long time.. (yes I know every nerd who sadi hello says that )

Boris is one of my best friends...so trust me I know that he was not influenced by JP .....read dj times article....

I merely wanted to correct you on that ...and curious about the DT thing cause I think they have different styles.

i think JP is a great DJ .....he would nto be where he is today if he wasnt....anyone who thinks or says differently...is entitled to their opinion....but why cant people realize that that is all that is....YOUR OPINION

everyone has their owns likes and dislikes...why do people (not you) feel the need to go crazy in these threads liek they are going to change the world..

i hate trance music...will i come on here and say Tiesto sucks...fuck no....anyone who spun the god damm olympics is doing somethign right ..

I head Boris' promotions....and I see him bashed all the time...who cares...we still do 4000 plus @ crobar every time.......you cant please everyone all the time.,

so someone had a great time at classic..there is prob another person that will give you the exact opposite response...as we see..

cant people just go out for themselves....love what they love.......try not to hate .......and leave the drama alone....

ok, i'll take this down a tone.

in all honesty though, can someone just tell me what they DO see in JPs events.

Besides it being "sick".

i think thats all the non jp fans want to know...

why?

Musically it was the greatest night I ever experienced. JP killed it the whole night. He was dropping one bomb after another and the crowd was begging for more. I think I saw at least a few people with tears streaming down their faces as the energy was so high and JP was taking all of us on a musical journey like none I've ever been on.

Overall, I would give it a A++

JP's set sunday was so-so at best... I talked to JP before the night started (cuz him and I are friends from way back in the day, like he used to borrow my car to get "stuff") and he said he wasn't feeling good. When we were talking he got a call from his doctor, he had the flu and a temp of 101*. I talked to him this morning(cuz I know him good) and hes feeling better... he is gonna issue an apology at his next gig.. I called him back(b/c him and I keep in contact, we go way back) and he said hes gonna rest the next day or two, and then he'll be back to normal..

I hate how people hate on Jon-Jon, i'm not biased either cuz YES WE ARE GREAT FRIENDS, but he is one of the most technically sound DJs I have ever heard.. His parties are sik and the tunes are top notch!