Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WAREHOUSE w/ Johnny Vicious @ Spirit, Sat 10/8

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all

of you crazy bastards that I used to play to and the new ones that I am going to play for!!!!!

I am starting a new after-hours party called "warehouse" (the name of the space where it is at did not change),obviously something in the scene is missing in NYC right now and that a large after-hours venue with consistency.

This has nothing to do with any other club from Miami and or Chicago, its just a name of the party. Its going feature and represent of all of the new music that NYC has to offer to the rest of the world and showcase some of the worlds music that I aquire to you.

There are many new clubbers in NYC that have never had the experience many of you have had in the past with after-hours.

FIRST: the feeling of the family

Second:Consisancy

And of course : YOU and your individuality participating and making the party what it becomes.

i felt that there should be consitency with muzik weekly and to grow and form a family again,just as there have been in the past.

I am not in this to get famous or make money. as a matter of fact i waived all upfront money to make this party happen.And the club has agreed to keep the door charges at a minimum.

promoters/hosts that are participating in the afterhours have joined it just on the basis that it has potential to be a great vibe and the realize that it is time to bring people together so that they can look foward to seeing each other everyweek.

as long as i have been in this music game i can see trends. this is the beginning of a new era,new music and new people.

so get involved!!! spread the word, this is your club just as much as it is mine.the more friends you have there the better the party will be.

we will have membership card giveaway very soon which entitle the bearer of the card to get in a discounted rate during ANY party "warehouse" has.

Lets bring sat night back..

love you all and i miss all of you even the haters cause without them there would be no drama.

Johnny vicious

VISH RECORDS

Edited by vicious

hmmmm...this sounds kinda interesting to me. its been a long time since ive heard Johnny play. i dont really know wut hes doin now a days. last time i saw him was when he played with JP at Exit/Black/Ikon wutever the hell it was called at that time. place was pretty dead but he killed it.

but i was a Sexy @ Roxy weekly supporter (Roxy Stage Crew!!! haha) and that was def a "family" and we were treated so well by CP, Johnny, and Bobby every week.

Im gonna have to check this out one sunday morning. i hope it does well. good luck Johnny!

yes spirit is going to turn into warehouse at 4:00AM

It is just a space with a sound system in a building that can have a party called whatever you want it to be called.

So I called it "warehouse" i have always loved that name, it is dark, dirty and it fits the mood of my party.

warehouse is going to have membership cards and although we are going to let the general public in to see what the hype is about in the after-hours world, you are going to be a member of a 1000 person family (we are going to keep the card exclusive to 1000 people) we will have membership card nights where you can sponsor a friend and then it can grow.the membership entitles you to be grandfathered in at the price of the first night

Say gas was. $05 a gallon in 1934 and its 2005, you will still be paying. $05 with your membership cards, we will also have T-shirts and special trips and promotions to other warehouse parties all over the world when I have them.

But in the next few weeks we are going to be giving out these cards to the first 1000 people and if you are there on sat we will put your name on a list and hold a card for you.

So if the party needs to be moved to another space I can keep my name and logo. And the list of the cardholders comes with me and the promoters that are involved with the party.

And you will be able to use the cards wherever the party moves to.

It was a little hard to open my own club, haha.........

So look at it look at it from that perspective

I was sick of switching on and off every few weeks, not having a set schedule.

So the only way I was going to get something done in this city is to take

the idea of the party just like the roxy party, get a group of promoters together like a luv and bobby did, and just turn it into a monster.

Now this is going to be a different kind of monster

and I needed a space that could handle the sound as well as the vibe.

It has been proven in the past to be one of the worlds greatest after-hours.

with jr. vasquez,frankie knuckles and Danny t

those guys are my teachers, mentors and thankfully my friends.

and in the "spirit" of the after-hours it should continue and i have always wanted to have my own to present new tracks and have it be mainly about the music.

the promoters denniz,breeze,dim and the many others that are involved with this party along with frank p. ohzee and the butcha (the DJ's that will be taking the party into another vibe in the "loft") they are the driving force that will make this party a success and have put their names on the line to have this party come together.

I am not competing to have an after-hours spot with anyone, I just want to have a great party with a great vibe.

And I its like an addiction for me, I need to play, I cant just work in my studio make music and get music from people every week and not be able to share it.

So come by and dance and have a great time with your new family!!!!!!

Johnny vicious

I may have criticized your "sound" nowadays as oppose to what i use to listen from you in the early to mid 90s when there was less hard boom boom, so to say. But your heart seems to be into what your doing with this party. And thats whats incredible no matter if someone doesnt dig a certain sound cause that wont stop the otehrs who do. I wish you luck on this project. And i see your taking it to the old school ways with the names, warehouse,loft, and the membership thingy. hehe.

I have to admit first coming into the 'dance' scene I wasn't a big fan of it because I was involved in an entire different scene prior to the success of my best friends Alex and Leo..I would normally tag along and hang out and didn't think much of anything even the music until I heard a couple of tracks by some guy named 'JohnnyVicious'...and that is when I began to inquire about tracks particularly 'Rain' and 'Let's go all the way' which were officially my first 2 purchased records...by JV...since then I made it a point to pick everything up that came out under his name....pursued being a Dj and the list goes on....

Today I am still a fan and also a 'friend' and am glad that someone of his calibre and status is stepping up to the plate and is here offering everyone a venue to come to..and it's not about ego,it's not about the paycheck because he's put a lot of himself hands on to bring this party to you...it's about the simple point of having a place to go to that is bare bones and about the music and without all the BS that goes on everywhere else...believe me I'm all about the gimmicks and the flash but it's great to have the intimacy sometimes especially when it comes to someone who's as tremendously talented as Vicious..so I think people should be more a little appreciative in that sense...because it's not going to cost an arm and a leg to get in and you're going to get to hear some unreal music....

this is as RAW as it gets.. I like it...peace

This is a good thing to see Im glad someone who is respected in the scene stood up and took acount of the crap going on with the scene. you're absolutely right johnny there is no sense of family like there was at tunnel, vinyl/arc, limelight, roxy or Factory. As luck would have it I am going to come home next weekend so I would love to see you spin again see what you have been doing since the days I saw you at sneaky pete's. I don't think I ever missed a time seeing you spin there it would be nice to get some of the feeling back that we had earlier in the decade.

Hope to see you this weekend if not Can you mail me a card I am stuck in cleveland doing school. Por Favor?

Good Luck with this party I think everyone should support this party.