Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha shut down

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a damn shame. I started to go but decided against it because I knew it was going to be a zoo anyway, but the Post already blew up their spot the other day as it was...can't wait to hear the official reason why this went down. Sorry for those of you who had to take the L on this last night, I know I'd be heated too!!

Regardless, you gotta give it to Erick for making an effort to bring this to our city, as a DJ and a businessman, especially being well aware of the problems this space has had in the past. I hope it works out cause I'll be up in dat bitch with bells on. Opening night, too many people had dollar signs in their eyes, bouncers and dealers, and it was just a perfect storm. :laugh:

Morrillo a businessman?? Stick to spinning records.

Pacha gets no props and has no props in NYC! It's a wrap for that spot! First of all, you cant enforce a dress code if your going to have thousands of people (waiting in line in the freezing cold, on a snowy sidewalk,((shovel that shit))all the way to the fucking Intrepid for hours) who pre paid for tickets that didnt have prior knowledge of there being one! At least have some one announce "No sneakers or jeans" from the beginning so people that fucked up and wore them know they aint getting in....Dont have these people waiting on line and then be picky when you have their money!! Then they overbooked VIP seating for people that bought bottles!! What?? Fuck the promotors!! Fuck the management!!! Fuck the door people!! Fuck the bouncers!!! And How are bouncers going to accecpt pay off's to get people in front of line and then have get you deaded by the doorman? What kinda shit is that? Then how are you gonna not ID anyone on opening night? Come on! Are you serious? With the whole WORLD watching? With all that money invested? Then no pat downs? And you wonder why people get G'd out and flop on the floor...I mean isn't that common sense? Where is the love for the people?? People make the club!!! Plain and simple! I hate, hate, hate! to say this but i don't even blame 5-0 for shutting that shit down(word was that the mayor of NYC, bloomberg, gave the go ahead)....PACHA played themselves!!! wow! www.what-a-JOKE.com (thats not link!)

No sneaker No jeans...FUCK THAT!!!!

Morrillo a businessman?? Stick to spinning records.

Spinning records IS a business. So is running a music label. C'mon now! Thafuk is you talkin about?! :laugh:

It's not like he is going into this totally green (aside from his pockets); he has the experience of handling his BUSINESS in clubs all this time, plus he partnered with a megaclub franchise of sorts! It was just a clusterfuck. It happens. I'll come out when it isn't so crazy, like many others have said.

they deserve another chance for putting together the club and staff in such a hurry

HURRY? i believe the first word was that Pacha was to open last Fall? then NYE 04? then Spring? then before Halloween? then Thanksgiving Eve was the big rumor too. we shoulda seen the shotty management coming, considering the constant setting back of the date....

....and i wouldnt believe what you heard when you called up Pacha (them saying tonight is still on).... last night, people were calling in and according to the people answering phones, there were still tables available... meanwhile, they were as overbooked as a restaurant table on New Years Eve.

Spinning records IS a business. So is running a music label. C'mon now! Thafuk is you talkin about?! :laugh:

It's not like he is going into this totally green (aside from his pockets); he has the experience of handling his BUSINESS in clubs all this time, plus he partnered with a megaclub franchise of sorts! It was just a clusterfuck. It happens. I'll come out when it isn't so crazy, like many others have said.

Your right, spinning records and running a music label, and running a club are buisinesses! But, three very different types of buisinesses. Just because your good at one, doesnt mean your great at anything you try to do!

Oh, and Foxy, please put that gun down, besides, its only a lighter!

Guest gabo
This is the guy who floated the "alleged" air biscuit in question:

l1504283.jpg

PACHA will be closed for two weeks for renovations thanks to this guy.

laying Biscuits

I'm glad I didn't go opening night. This can be expected, I'm sure things will work themselves out and they'll be just fine. Whenever you start something new for the first time, you almost always need to tweak it out so it works right. Morillo on the 23rd, I'll make my diagnosis.

:type: