Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha shut down

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable!!=( I wanted to hear good things about Pacha's grand opening and instead all I'm hearing thus far is a ton of moaning and groaning!! This is NOT a good start by any stretch of the imagination!! I was considering going possibly at the end of the month, but how can I go after hearing this. This is a grand opening for christ sakes and it should have turned out much better than this!! The people I blame here from what I've heard are the Mgmt and Staff!! They should have known that the NYPD would arrive in a heart beat if someone OD's or if rampant drug use is going on!! How do you NOT check ID's the first night? Or NOT pat people down for weapons? Where there a ton of underage people in there as well? How do you treat your patrons in this fashion? You can't be so damn rude like that!! The people waiting in line are NOT going to a boot camp!! Or need discipline!! Remember Exit...well IMO one of the reasons for it's downfall was the mgmt and staff they had!! There were other reasons too of course, but that was one of the big ones. Many people here complained about there mgmt and staff over and over again!! I remember it like it was yesterday. Well it's still early folks, but this does NOT help Pacha's image or reputation at all!! Pacha was attempting to revert it's image away from that of SF's, but it seems like from what happened that SF never closed down!! I still may go, but it will all depend on what goes on at Pacha from here on out!! I can't say I never saw this coming, but I never thought it would happen this soon!! I hope Pacha can rebound from this horrendous debut it had...only time will tell though!!

hmmmm, not good for KAKA
The truth of the matter is that Pacha will be succesful beyond your wildest expectations! Why? Because its there, thats why!

And when a DJ everyone wants to hear is playing there and only there, everyone will go, even with whatever drama happens at the door or inside the club, you will go to hear the DJ,s you want to hear. And you will return for following events, with other DJ,s people really want to hear!

Its just really the way it is!

Were Friday nite ticketholders who never got in refunded their money?

This tells you who they really are, be it a yes or no answer!

I dunno about refunds but the fact that extremely negative things about Pacha mysteriously disappearing on this message board is exactly the type of thing that clubbers DON'T want to see. It creates a vibe of dishonesty. If anything clubbers want to rage against the machine, not get incorporated into it. Pacha just seems like a big corporate lie.

I dunno about refunds but the fact that extremely negative things about Pacha mysteriously disappearing on this message board is exactly the type of thing that clubbers DON'T want to see. It creates a vibe of dishonesty. If anything clubbers want to rage against the machine, not get incorporated into it. Pacha just seems like a big corporate lie.
True!

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/59403.htm

CLUB SCRUBBED

By PERRY CHIARAMONTE

It might be too hot inside hip new nightclub Pacha.

The posh Spanish import was quickly shut down yesterday, hours after its grand opening, when the West Side club grew overcrowded and one partygoer collapsed from a drug overdose.

The 3,000-person capacity club, housed on West 46th Street near the Intrepid Museum on the Hudson, opened at 11 p.m. Friday and quickly filled up with clubbers.

Cops were called to the fourth-floor VIP room at 1:30 a.m. to treat a woman who had passed out from drug use, said officers at the scene.

Medics treated her inside the club for nearly 40 minutes.

She was able to walk out of the club and into an ambulance that took her to St. Vincent's Hospital.

And while other people were inside dancing and enjoying $300 bottles of vodka, the street outside began to flood with nearly 2,500 people trying to get in, prompting cops to shut the party down.

"We had just as many people outside as we did inside," said one officer trying to control the crowd. "We have to break it up."

As people were being forced out of the top floor, bouncers told the crowd not to worry.

"We're not shutting down. They [police officers] are going to leave soon. People are leaving on their own accord. We're not kicking people out," one worker said to confused clubbers.

But a short time later, cops shuttered the club and told people to leave.

The club was due to open as usual last night.

Clearly, the new club — which features dancers in bikinis gyrating in glass-enclosed showers overlooking the dance floor and waitresses serving drinks wearing nothing more than body paint — is a hit.

But with success comes trouble.

On Wednesday, underage "Sopranos" actor Robert Iler was caught by a photographer downing a bottle of expensive vodka while smoking a cigarette at a private party.

As a result, officials from the State Liquor Authority visited the club and warned staffers about underage drinking, Pacha employees said.

The parking garage-sized club is the first Pacha to open in North America, but the franchise is famous worldwide. Owner Ricardo Urgell's empire now includes 25 nightclubs.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

THIS THREAD IS A FUCKIN HOOT!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF SORE-ASS LOSER HATERS!!! YOU ALL KNOW THIS KIND OF PUBLICITY IS GOLDEN FOR THIS PLACE. YOU KNOW PEOPLE WILL STILL BE CLAMORING TO GET INSIDE OF THE CLUB "THAT WAS SHUT DOWN ON OPENING NIGHT BC SOME CHICK GORGED HERSELF ON G AND ALMOST DIED" THAT SHIT WILL WORK WONDERS ON THE CLUELESS-ASS B&T CROWD, NOT TO MENTION THE CLUBBER TOURISTS WHO'D FLOCK TO THE LATEST HOT SPOT IN NYC IF IT WAS LOCATED UNDER THE EFFN HUDSON RIVER. THIS THREAD HAS BEEN THE FUNNIEST SHIT I'VE EVER READ ON HERE!!!! AND YOU KNOW THIS PLACE WILL BE A SUCCESS. SO JUST SUCK IT UP, TAKE YOUR MEDICINE LIKE BIG KIDS, AND ACCEPT THE REALITY. PACHA WILL BE A SUCCESS, REGARDLESS OF ITS BULLSHIT, CIRCUS OF AN OPENING NIGHT!!!!

Will you get a load of this group of cock sucking retards. Seriously, watching you people post is like watching Steven Hawking try to mount the rotting corpse of Richard Pryor.

I can only imagine the amount of barnyard incest that went into making this sterling slice of the human gene pool.

Seriously, all of you die. Painfully.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

THIS THREAD IS A FUCKIN HOOT!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF SORE-ASS LOSER HATERS!!! YOU ALL KNOW THIS KIND OF PUBLICITY IS GOLDEN FOR THIS PLACE. YOU KNOW PEOPLE WILL STILL BE CLAMORING TO GET INSIDE OF THE CLUB "THAT WAS SHUT DOWN ON OPENING NIGHT BC SOME CHICK GORGED HERSELF ON G AND ALMOST DIED" THAT SHIT WILL WORK WONDERS ON THE CLUELESS-ASS B&T CROWD, NOT TO MENTION THE CLUBBER TOURISTS WHO'D FLOCK TO THE LATEST HOT SPOT IN NYC IF IT WAS LOCATED UNDER THE EFFN HUDSON RIVER. THIS THREAD HAS BEEN THE FUNNIEST SHIT I'VE EVER READ ON HERE!!!! AND YOU KNOW THIS PLACE WILL BE A SUCCESS. SO JUST SUCK IT UP, TAKE YOUR MEDICINE LIKE BIG KIDS, AND ACCEPT THE REALITY. PACHA WILL BE A SUCCESS, REGARDLESS OF ITS BULLSHIT, CIRCUS OF AN OPENING NIGHT!!!!

DURKA DURR DURKA DURR DURKA DURR. Seriously, how do they breed you fucking people?

place was looking the same as factory basically except a couple minor changes. it was not overcrowded INSIDE by any means. seriously there was more room there than i have ever seen when it was factory. the crowd was outside b/c the stupid door wasnt letting people in quickly enough, which is ironic b/c there was no ID check and no body search. whole thing was very strange. but the whole "crowd" control deal is bs. sound system did sound amazing. im pissed they shut it so early. but i will be back there, b/c the people actually in the club enjoying themselves were halfway decent.

"You have to be WITH the music. Not follow the music, but be with the music, be part of the music. It's a different depth of understanding. Certainly you can dance on top of the music. That's something different. But if you are going to be a part of the music, you have to be INSIDE it."