Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Message From PACHA

NYC CLUBS

Lesson 1

Never go on opening night!

Please, opening night wednesday was fun. And opening night-bis would have been great if they didn't mess up that bad. Club opening and closing nights are always fun.

If you're scared to be waiting on line for too long or not get in that's another story.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this is too funny..amateur clubbers...i wouldnt waste my time going to pacha..especially not on "opening night" (which was actually wednesday)..

pacha is just another example of what this city doesnt need..a super club which thinks too highly of itself...out of the big clubs crobar has their shit together and theyre gona keep running shit in NYC for a long time....spirit..avalon..pacha..buuuuahah...shittay...

if u knew anything..u guys wouldnt waste ur time @ superclubs but would hit up smaller venues...but then again sunday afternoon u guys would get blank stares from ur friends if u told them u went to a smaller venue..and you're role as "club connosseiur" of the group would b diminished no?

suckers

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this is too funny..amateur clubbers...i wouldnt waste my time going to pacha..especially not on "opening night" (which was actually wednesday)..

pacha is just another example of what this city doesnt need..a super club which thinks too highly of itself...out of the big clubs crobar has their shit together and theyre gona keep running shit in NYC for a long time....spirit..avalon..pacha..buuuuahah...shittay...

if u knew anything..u guys wouldnt waste ur time @ superclubs but would hit up smaller venues...but then again sunday afternoon u guys would get blank stares from ur friends if u told them u went to a smaller venue..and you're role as "club connosseiur" of the group would b diminished no?

suckers

<rant>

what a funny guy. so you're so cool because you go to 'small' venue. Can you tell us the size limit for a club to become uncool please? How about you start using your brain and realize that it's not about the size of the place and cool really doesn't matter. Plus I don't want to break the news but the 'cool' of nyc is not linked to house clubs anymore anyway (big or small)

What you're blaming others for :"go around as a club connosseiur" (sic), you just did. You're the exact mirror image of the people you're making fun of.

Having said that, I'm sure Pacha can have good nights (hell, wednesday with Louie at the helm was fun and it was great hearing him play that well) if they have the correct dj.

Let me guess, I suppose I should be going to SOL, 718 Sessions, Love, and Cielo (but not on weekend) to be cool in your book? I should also hit Shelter on a regular basis too; and always rave about the good old days at the "Bang the Party!" in brooklyn to "keep it real" ... zzzzz

So fucking predictable.

Oh, and by the way, if you were there wednesday and had a look in the booth of "Pacha" you would have seen a who's who of New York underground House scene along with Louie --I guess they sold out too then.

I'm so sick of elitist bullshit like this.

</rant>

its a superclub..on opening night...im not an elitist..i just know when NOT to go out...which alot of people havent learned yet...i honestly havent gone out in months...so in no way am i saying im in the "know"...i just know enough about NYC club culture to make the statement i did...

end of story

<rant>

what a funny guy. so you're so cool because you go to 'small' venue. Can you tell us the size limit for a club to become uncool please? How about you start using your brain and realize that it's not about the size of the place and cool really doesn't matter. Plus I don't want to break the news but the 'cool' of nyc is not linked to house clubs anymore anyway (big or small)

What you're blaming others for :"go around as a club connosseiur" (sic), you just did. You're the exact mirror image of the people you're making fun of.

Having said that, I'm sure Pacha can have good nights (hell, wednesday with Louie at the helm was fun and it was great hearing him play that well) if they have the correct dj.

Let me guess, I suppose I should be going to SOL, 718 Sessions, Love, and Cielo (but not on weekend) to be cool in your book? I should also hit Shelter on a regular basis too; and always rave about the good old days at the "Bang the Party!" in brooklyn to "keep it real" ... zzzzz

So fucking predictable.

Oh, and by the way, if you were there wednesday and had a look in the booth of "Pacha" you would have seen a who's who of New York underground House scene along with Louie --I guess they sold out too then.

I'm so sick of elitist bullshit like this.

</rant>

Hey backupqueen i take offense to some of these comments,lol. What i think is wrong is not letting djs like louie vega take over a main room like pacha,crobar, from time to time.

Also bout your bang the party comment i jsut wanna add that EMAN and LOLA do the weekly party on tues nights at sapphire called deepsee.

Also wanna throw in SULLIVAN ROOM as a great underground venue here in NYC. And in actuallity PACHA first night of being OPEN WAS ON TUES NOT WEDS for those who wanna get technical.

Hey backupqueen i take offense to some of these comments,lol. What i think is wrong is not letting djs like louie vega take over a main room like pacha,crobar, from time to time.

Don't get me wrong, there absolutely nothing wrong with folks like Louie Vega at larger places. Louie played amazing last Wednesday and I hope he can get back at Pacha because he played really great.

And by the way, if that moron earlier looked at the line-up of "Pacha", they have some great nights and always something 'underground' such as Mateo&Matos for example.

I just got pissed on that guy who trashed anything and anyone going to "superclubs" as amateurs and suckers. That pissed me off seriously. As a great 'sucker' that I am I can tell you that i'll be at Spirit for Danny T december date there. I hate Spirit but Danny on that Sound System is too tempting! <tongue-in-cheek>I'm such an amateur </tongue-in-cheek>

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/59403.htm

December 11, 2005 -- It might be too hot inside hip new nightclub Pacha.

The posh Spanish import was quickly shut down yesterday, hours after its grand opening, when the West Side club grew overcrowded and one partygoer collapsed from a drug overdose.

The 3,000-person capacity club, housed on West 46th Street near the Intrepid Museum on the Hudson, opened at 11 p.m. Friday and quickly filled up with clubbers.

Cops were called to the fourth-floor VIP room at 1:30 a.m. to treat a woman who had passed out from drug use, said officers at the scene.

Medics treated her inside the club for nearly 40 minutes.

She was able to walk out of the club and into an ambulance that took her to St. Vincent's Hospital.

And while other people were inside dancing and enjoying $300 bottles of vodka, the street outside began to flood with nearly 2,500 people trying to get in, prompting cops to shut the party down.

"We had just as many people outside as we did inside," said one officer trying to control the crowd. "We have to break it up."

As people were being forced out of the top floor, bouncers told the crowd not to worry.

"We're not shutting down. They [police officers] are going to leave soon. People are leaving on their own accord. We're not kicking people out," one worker said to confused clubbers.

But a short time later, cops shuttered the club and told people to leave.

The club was due to open as usual last night.

Clearly, the new club — which features dancers in bikinis gyrating in glass-enclosed showers overlooking the dance floor and waitresses serving drinks wearing nothing more than body paint — is a hit.

But with success comes trouble.

On Wednesday, underage "Sopranos" actor Robert Iler was caught by a photographer downing a bottle of expensive vodka while smoking a cigarette at a private party.

As a result, officials from the State Liquor Authority visited the club and warned staffers about underage drinking, Pacha employees said.

The parking garage-sized club is the first Pacha to open in North America, but the franchise is famous worldwide. Owner Ricardo Urgell's empire now includes 25 nightclubs.

HAHA .. lol that place was a HORROR SHOW!! and the best part is all these dumb ass people on these message boards sayin well what did u expect on a grand opening night...well..yea the obvious line..thats y i got there at 10 and didnt get in till 12! not for the lights to come on at like quater to 2 and than evryone getting kicked out after waiting online for like 2 hrs on a sheet of snow and ice ( honestly all that money and u cant shovel ur sidewalk paleasseee!)..when the club still wasnt packed and especially when they werent even searching or checking id.. lol ..knowbody knows unless they were there..the club is saying that they voluntarily shut it down cause there were soo many people out side..yea ok thats a given, but to pin that on the reason for kicking every1 out & closing =/ .. i looked at my watch when the lights first went on and it was 1:45! lol they also failed to mention the under age girl on the 4th floor who was overdosing on X and than got taken away in an ambulence...smart def some real winners.. assholes!!

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/59403.htm

December 11, 2005 -- It might be too hot inside hip new nightclub Pacha.

The posh Spanish import was quickly shut down yesterday, hours after its grand opening, when the West Side club grew overcrowded and one partygoer collapsed from a drug overdose.

The 3,000-person capacity club, housed on West 46th Street near the Intrepid Museum on the Hudson, opened at 11 p.m. Friday and quickly filled up with clubbers.

Cops were called to the fourth-floor VIP room at 1:30 a.m. to treat a woman who had passed out from drug use, said officers at the scene.

Medics treated her inside the club for nearly 40 minutes.

She was able to walk out of the club and into an ambulance that took her to St. Vincent's Hospital.

And while other people were inside dancing and enjoying $300 bottles of vodka, the street outside began to flood with nearly 2,500 people trying to get in, prompting cops to shut the party down.

"We had just as many people outside as we did inside," said one officer trying to control the crowd. "We have to break it up."

As people were being forced out of the top floor, bouncers told the crowd not to worry.

"We're not shutting down. They [police officers] are going to leave soon. People are leaving on their own accord. We're not kicking people out," one worker said to confused clubbers.

But a short time later, cops shuttered the club and told people to leave.

The club was due to open as usual last night.

Clearly, the new club — which features dancers in bikinis gyrating in glass-enclosed showers overlooking the dance floor and waitresses serving drinks wearing nothing more than body paint — is a hit.

But with success comes trouble.

On Wednesday, underage "Sopranos" actor Robert Iler was caught by a photographer downing a bottle of expensive vodka while smoking a cigarette at a private party.

As a result, officials from the State Liquor Authority visited the club and warned staffers about underage drinking, Pacha employees said.

The parking garage-sized club is the first Pacha to open in North America, but the franchise is famous worldwide. Owner Ricardo Urgell's empire now includes 25 nightclubs.

HAHA .. lol that place was a HORROR SHOW!! and the best part is all these dumb ass people on these message boards sayin well what did u expect on a grand opening night...well..yea the obvious line..thats y i got there at 10 and didnt get in till 12! not for the lights to come on at like quater to 2 and than evryone getting kicked out after waiting online for like 2 hrs on a sheet of snow and ice ( honestly all that money and u cant shovel ur sidewalk paleasseee!)..when the club still wasnt packed and especially when they werent even searching or checking id.. lol ..knowbody knows unless they were there..the club is saying that they voluntarily shut it down cause there were soo many people out side..yea ok thats a given, but to pin that on the reason for kicking every1 out & closing =/ .. i looked at my watch when the lights first went on and it was 1:45! lol they also failed to mention the under age girl on the 4th floor who was overdosing on X and than got taken away in an ambulence...smart def some real winners.. assholes!!

i got there at 10pm also and walked in at like 11:30 . And the door guy was a complete asshole too. I was dressed porperly and this fuck let in some dirty filthy looking kids in who already looked like they were trippin of x, and this door guy who was a complete dickhead kicks me out ...where 10 mins after that i got in anyway cause i paid off a bouncer a 100 bucks ( Greddy Scumbags.) and had to pull a random girl off the line to walk in with. Who the hell do these guys think they were.....

:ghey: "U wanna run a successful business, treats your clientele with respect" Cause we pay your fucking bills.

I have to say that the American stigma of, I expect something to be a certain way it better be that way, OR THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY, is all over this thread like white on rice people ..

What did you expect from the bouncers?! Compassion for your girl!? OH POOR THING, DO YOU WANT SOME COCO, MAYBE MY JACKET WILL HELP .. should have worn multiple layers and prepared to brave it. why? BECAUSE THE BOUNCERS ARE DOING IT FOR UNDER 200 BUCKS FOR THE WHOLE NIGHT. Its opening night, if you didnt expect a line at the door at 9om you were lying to yourself, if anyone thought in anyway that the line wasnt going to be a MINIMUM of an hour long, you were smoking dust before getting there. So, of course they didnt give a shit about your girl getting sick .. :nopity:

i used to wait an 1 1/2 hr to get into tunnel on some nights. Did we all wait it happily in our clubbing gear .. SURE DID .... so you expected more from Pacha, i understand that being a bit of a shock, i didnt even think they would let shit get outta hand like that.

Hey, you never know. Maybe Pacha wasnt being fair to the bouncers and the bouncers just re-acted back by being horrid, unorgainzed and thieves! Who knows and at this point who cares. There has to have been heavy changes made already

What really worries me is the amount of common sense being abonded by the name of a club on a BEACH ISLAND, yea, where there is no cold....

If I ran pasha, I would make it

23 or 25 and older to get in.

Have a happy hour. Bring in an older crowd. Start the night off with soulful house, as the night gets later, get some tribal and stuff going, and then at like 12-1 am, get some main floor stuff going.. that would be great. I think...

if not, your gonna have all these drug addicts ODing and shit.

Sound Factory was a legendary club, but also, to be honest, was associated with drugs.

Seems like this is more of a drinking crowd. Mixing drinking with stupid underage people, and your looking for trouble...

just my 2 cents

i got there at 10pm also and walked in at like 11:30 . And the door guy was a complete asshole too. I was dressed porperly and this fuck let in some dirty filthy looking kids in who already looked like they were trippin of x, and this door guy who was a complete dickhead kicks me out ...where 10 mins after that i got in anyway cause i paid off a bouncer a 100 bucks ( Greddy Scumbags.) and had to pull a random girl off the line to walk in with. Who the hell do these guys think they were.....

:ghey: "U wanna run a successful business, treats your clientele with respect" Cause we pay your fucking bills.

I am glad that u had to leave, serves u right for payin $100 (to a bouncer) to get in. People like u suck, but I am happy u wasted ur $$ for 2 hours of so called fun :rolleyes:

I am glad that u had to leave, serves u right for payin $100 (to a bouncer) to get in. People like u suck, but I am happy u wasted ur $$ for 2 hours of so called fun :rolleyes:

hey at least i went and didnt sit on this forum at 2am like you did u fucking loser. Get a life or gf or something .....dont waste your time on your computer ....ur life is gonna pass u by kid. I'm sorry your mommy won't let you out of your house, u amateur....grow up.

and you know what i had a good time for those 2 hours because its the music aspect that i pursue when i go out...........im sorry ur into Vic Latino and his disgrace to NYC nightlife KTU noise they call music.

What would be your choice of venue for that night ...."Webster Hall" ???

there is going to be up's and down's of pacha for the next month. everyone fucks up but its how they work out there problems the following night or week. give it time, i think pacha will work out ok. i may check it out after the new year but personally i am gettin sick of the mega clubs. cant wait to hit up nyc again. another 2 weeks and i am there. haha

jack Z

hey at least i went and didnt sit on this forum at 2am like you did u fucking loser. Get a life or gf or something .....dont waste your time on your computer ....ur life is gonna pass u by kid. I'm sorry your mommy won't let you out of your house, u amateur....grow up.

and you know what i had a good time for those 2 hours because its the music aspect that i pursue when i go out...........im sorry ur into Vic Latino and his disgrace to NYC nightlife KTU noise they call music.

What would be your choice of venue for that night ...."Webster Hall" ???

:rolleyes: Im sorry I didnt go out on Friday, had some thing called work to do. I went and Vic Lation on Thursday nite at Webster Hall, NOW that was fun :rolleyes:

My musical aspect when I go out is to see DT not to go to a place cause it is the new thing to do.

I dont blame the cops for shutting the place down....I blame the immature morons who can't handle what they take and ruin it for every other clubgoer out there.

Also, maybe Pacha needs to do a little more research and learn from a place like Crobar on how to run a line. Crobar gets the biggest DJ's and huge lines, but always manages to keep it under control. As a patron you always get in and you always get treated with respect by the bouncers.

just for the fact that the club puts out this bs statement, that they"closed due to the huge turnout", is a huge slap in the face to us all. just listen to that reason! what do u think we wont find out why u closed? i cant wait to get my charge reversed on my debit card, its gonna be a great moment. u can take that make up night your offering me and blow a load all over it. boooyah!

Fuck this club! i dont want your make up night, I want my money back! Clean the snow-ice off the sidewalks before you enforce a dress code!!

Those morons would not have od'd in the club if the bouncers wouldve done their jobs, and check id's, try a few pat downs..

These assholes were taking hundreds, walking people to the front, and then these people were kicked off the line by another bouncer. Are you telling me that was not setup?? They were all in it together! They ran a fucking scam, and Im glad they shut this money-hungry place down!

If they want to enforce a dress code, and run a selective door entrance, then how the fuck do you sell advanced tickets? It has to be illegal to sell tickets for a club that you "might" get into. Fuck that!! You cant have it both ways.

They were clueless, and treat people like shit!.

Crobar gets my money because they treat everyone with respect. Even when you are breaking their rules, you get treated with respect. You buy tickets, you get in. No problems. The place is run very well.

As for Pacha, fuck em. Never goin'. I don't care who is spinning.

You couldnt pay me 1000 to stand online for 2 hours in 30 degree weather for the OLD FACTORY. Plus some girl took a double GHB cocktail and had the EMS in there for 40 minutes. Im sure she DRANK too much GREY GOOSE.

That place is on the radar already not that I care.

• 4 weeks later...