Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What it means to be "underground" (pacha related)

So a dj/producer was asked to play pacha for a certain amount of money, and he refused cause pacha goes against his own agendas and is not underground. And b4 any nonsense gets said the dj/producer who was ask by erick morillo has been a long time associate of his since back in the soundfactory bar days (thats 21street for those who dont know) .

THATS CALLED KEEPING IT REAL.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a dj/producer was asked to play pacha for a certain amount of money, and he refused cause pacha goes against his own agendas and is not underground. And b4 any nonsense gets said the dj/producer who was ask by erick morillo has been a long time associate of his since back in the soundfactory bar days (thats 21street for those who dont know) .

You know, I generally support the things you say and I like the fact that you know a lot about the history of clubbing...

but in some instances, this being one of them, you really sound like an asshole. Sometimes you should just keep things to yourself.

and to clarify, the reason I said that is that sort of thing happens all the time. But people who do that, don't make it a point that they are "keeping it real"... so you saying that, goes against the reason the person did it in the first place.

must i list the looooong list of clubs, songs, and other crap that at one point was held to be "undergound" but then it was POPularized and no longer held to be "underground"

underground is "underground" for only a matter of time....it's not a place, a way to act or anything...mostly it's a figment of your imagination.

I dont think its keeping it real.

first off, alot of people have grown up. I am not the 18-21 year old kid I was who was into "underground"

Maybe its because the crowd that pasha is trying to draw is older people, with jobs, to spend money on alcohol? That doesn't mean pasha is selling out and it doesn't mean that the Dj is keeping it real.

I really dont like and dont want to do the after hours thing anymore... I cant seem myself coming home or staying in a club until 10 AM or so "waiting for the music to get good"

give me a nice place, with an OLDER, WORKING CLASS , drinking crowd, where people have jobs and really just want to hear good music and no drama, and I am there.

All this stuff about under ground is stupid.

I dont think its keeping it real.

first off, alot of people have grown up. I am not the 18-21 year old kid I was who was into "underground"

Maybe its because the crowd that pasha is trying to draw is older people, with jobs, to spend money on alcohol? That doesn't mean pasha is selling out and it doesn't mean that the Dj is keeping it real.

I really dont like and dont want to do the after hours thing anymore... I cant seem myself coming home or staying in a club until 10 AM or so "waiting for the music to get good"

give me a nice place, with an OLDER, WORKING CLASS , drinking crowd, where people have jobs and really just want to hear good music and no drama, and I am there.

All this stuff about under ground is stupid.

Spell it wrong once, it's a typo. Twice, you're retarded. It's Pacha. How do you not know how to spell it? It's in the name of every fucking thread for the past two weeks.

Spell it wrong once, it's a typo. Twice, you're retarded. It's Pacha. How do you not know how to spell it? It's in the name of every fucking thread for the past two weeks.

admission into pacha = $40

keeping tabs on how people spell on a meaningless messageboard where no really cares how you spell = priceless!

I guess your buddies Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez and others aren't "keeping it real" by playing places like Crobar right? They'd be sellouts according to you, no? There is nothing underground about a place like Crobar.

admission into pacha = $40

keeping tabs on how people spell on a meaningless messageboard where no really cares how you spell = priceless!

maybe you and the rest of your uneducated crew don't care, but believe it or not spelling is important in the world.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if he's more concerned about "keeping it real" or if he has no f'n clue how to work a big room crowd and knows that he'd likely put everyone to sleep and clear the floor w/ his 120bpm tunes.

so where is the Bull to defend his comments?

seems as though this thread is getting under alot of people's skin. i'm sure he will be able to explain and make sense of it. maybe we're all just reading it the wrong way

Probably, it has nothing to do with how he hates trance you see, he respects everything. He just hates trance.

People who listen to all kinds of genres are always bitching about people "selling out" or not "keeping it real." I personally don't see why it's so bad for someone to share their music with a broader range of people and make a shitload of more money in the process.

Im back thanks for the concern nomembername. Only thing im gonna say is that no matter what happens im gonna go hear roger sanchez and danny tenaglia as much as i can and whereever they play. And im gonna hear the said dj/producer at other rooms like cielo/deep/avalon, where hes played recently, also listen to his prodcutions being made and played by djs all over the world. And seeing pictures of his parties in tokyo,italy,paris,london,.

Am i anti trance yes and no do i want it to go away nah not at all, do i like it NO. There was also a comment about sleepy time underground music or somethign like that. Theres a whole other harder underground scene just so you know. My preference is dance music that is under the 130bpm and not trance. Nor commercial cheese music, cause thats made on a formula that i dont like.

I dont view every dj that is making serious serious money as a bad thing. I just wanted to show that some djs/prodcuers, choose not to crossover and that should be admirable as wel, dont you think. Why is this becoming something against me or about certain djs.