Clubplanet Nightlife Community

James Zabiela @ Pacha Review

First off, major props to Dennis Rogers of the ROBOTS crew .. DOPE ASS TECH!!! Absolutely phenominal! Got the crowd going and set up the mood of the night just right. Then James just took over and blew the place apart! AMAZING SET! it was just a great night, i hope that we see James back very soon! I mean on that system ... it really was something else ... exactly what i had hoped for and Pacha brought him back to deliver another amazing set for us lucky NY'ers! The place had a great crowd and a good vibe, many people dancing and going nuts!! I hope i wasnt the only one in there to witness this!

Guest onisakura

Oh man, i am reminded once again why James is (in my opinion) one of the best djs in the world. What he does to that equipment is simply amazing. He never disapponts me, and this time was no exception. Those of you that missed it, for shame.

Im glad i got to meet some new people, and even ran into a friend from Miami!! Ramon is gonna get beat for not telling me that Sheridan was in town. :(

i was there. It was amazing!

1st time, finally seeing him and it was just what i expected and more! Danced pretty much from the time i got through the door till the time i left. Havnet been out dancing in awhile and i got tired and left around 5.

Where was everybody hangnin out? I was on the floor to the right of the booth.

_billy

I can't begin to describe how great the night was.

I never made it to Sol because my friend had to go to the hospital, so by the time I got done with that and he was okay, it was after 3, so I decided to head to Pacha.

Man what a night. He was absolutely off the hook. He was tearing that place apart. OMG ITS TECHNO MUSIC! haha love it :)

Am i the only one that was disappointed in Zabiela's set? I got there early and heard a piece of Dennis Rodgers who I thought was amazing, but I was kind of disappointed with JZ's set (mind you i've heard him before and am a HUGE fan). I think he's incredibly talented on the decks, and prob one of the most technical djs around, but I thought that intro was terrible. i mean seriously lay off the nobs a little.. at one point there was about 2 minutes of scratching and technical work. There were pieces that set that were really good, but overall I thought he got a little carried away. Glad everyone on here had fun. :)

The party downstairs was alot of fun too, it was a hot lil line-up with some of NYC's finest up and coming djs. ;)

Pacha overall i thought was awesome. i heard so many bad things about it, but was thoroughly impressed aside from the way too loud main floor.

I am a little overwhelmed by my experience @ Cielo on Sunday to post a detailed review, but I also didn't like Zabiela's set as much.

The only reason I went was because I couldn't convince my regular party pals to go to Sol, as Silverbull recommended. They warned me, though, that after I hated James Holden I probably wouldn't like Zabiela either.

I agree that the intro just didn't make sense. Moreover I thought that, at least until 3 AM, the music was way too minimalist and electro-feeling. If I remember correctly, downstairs they played uplifting trance, and that felt awesome, but the sound system there sucked.

I liked Pacha as a club; it definitely has potential to become my favorite New York megaclub. Danielle - I disagree - the main floor is definitely not too loud, it's just perfect, and the sound system sounds better than the one @ Spirit. You think that's too loud? Try Avalon - yikes!

damn. each to their own i guess but james str8 rocked my socks on friday night. n all those breakdowns he whus throwing in kinda gives you a second to pause, catch your breath, then blast off again. one of the best sets/party vibes ive ever been lucky nuff to experince

Guest onisakura
i enjoyed his set, i must say its' a little hard to get into his sets if you dont have knowlede about zabiela in the first place.....he is a dj meant to listen to and appreciate not so much dance 6 hours straight....

Very true. Though when he was at Space last July i was dancing my ass off.....it varies sometimes.