Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Copa Reviewww

If you're talking about E, you probably don't even wanna know what the hell you were really taking. 80% of the crap out there today isn't even 100% MDMA.

I know. I hear stories from older people I know. I only started a year ago, but they're clean MDA. No bullshit, i test everything I use.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I hear stories from older people I know. I only started a year ago, but they're clean MDA. No bullshit, i test everything I use.

Good thinking. Most people who use pills just pop them w/ no regard to what they're actually taking. Fact is, much of the junk floating around today contains crap like DXM, Methamphetamine, etc. (which is more harmful than MDMA itself) and maybe only half MDMA or maybe none at all.

Ok so here is my review....we got there kinda early...round 1 am, but it was pretty packed, not more than a half an hour passed b4 some guy offered me yayo lol, but i dont do drugs in clubs. So, the music wasnt bad at all in the beginning but then it just became a repetitive beat by 3 am or so...wut he got tired or something? the crowd was pretty young but not as young as at the halloween party...did bouncer get more relaxed nowadays wit all these fake ids?? so after my alcohol buzz wore off around 5 am, I just wanted to sleeeep... but when we left there was still a decent line of ppl waiting to get in...i think im gonna take a nice break from jp for a while, but im not saying i wont go to another one of his parties (he's my guilty pleasure shhhh lol) .

"JP" - Whats the rave about???

JP - The guy is on his way out. He has produced nothing creditable....yet nothing that other artists or DJ's will play in their own sets for God's sakes. The guy is holding by his last tips to survive in this market due to loss of old school fans and yet no residency. Im not even going to get into his Drug Habits, because the Druggie he is , the druggies he attracts.

Crowd - The younger generation has come in recently due to the promoters discretion to make the party 18 and over. Since Black and Sirit both fell through as 21 and over due to lack of success. So now the younger generation that is there "JUST TO FEEL COOL", since they feel that any topic about JP will make them triendier or cooler to fit in with the crowd. They are those kids who post "SF" on their myspace pages and yet they are only 18 or 19 years old. Well lets go and do the math. Well if you were 18 then that means you were 15 years old when u could have experienced the last few days of SF. But instead of picking on the younger generation, lets take a look at the 20-22 year olds who attend his parties. Most of them are as much educated on house music, as Vic Latino. These kids usually attend large venues and mostly go see DJ's that are mostly attended like DT, Boris, and Calderone. Rarely do I ever see the JP crowd attend more exclusive events who hosts more reknown DJ's except for Crobar that has the budget to book them.

Music - This is the best part. Musically JP did astonish me back in his prime which in my opinion happened from 1999 to 2002 with his notable live cd releases. But before that He used to play Hard and I mean Hard Tech until he switched his style when he came into SF. After SF closed the guy has been on a constant shipwreak. I think the last decent party that I think was 5/10 was his performance on 2003/2004 New Years Even @ Exit. JP has NO CREDITABLE RELEASES in my words. I mean doesnt it say something when no other DJ will play your records on his set. His Record Company i think pressed 5 records if im correct. WOW fellows that is a big number. JP IS A TRISTATE DJ, NOT WORLDWIDE so how do you even dare to compare him to other WorldWide DJ's as Morillo, Sanchez, Carl Cox etc. The guy is not even recognized outside his borders. JP never gets invited to major House Music Festivals around the World like "Sensation White & Black in Amsterdam", "InterCity Conference" in Brazil, "Thunderdome Festival" in Belgium or others around the world.

And shame on you if you dare to talk about WMC. WMC is nothing compared to in scale and budget and the amount of people who attend the other music conferences that I have mentioned.

Cult - No matter what I say his cult members will always praise him as their God. Well obiously they don't know their music or THE REALITY around them. I have a message for them "YOUR GOD IS NO GOD, AND HE IS EXPIRING SOON.....AND I MEAN REALLY SOON"

Conclusion - You heard what I had to say about this topic. If you feel otherwise, well it's your opinion and you are entirely free to it. But these statements were said by rought facts and educated opinion.

The morale of this story : "FOLLOW THE MUSIC, NOT THE CROWD"

JP - The guy is on his way out. He has produced nothing creditable....yet nothing that other artists or DJ's will play in their own sets for God's sakes. The guy is holding by his last tips to survive in this market due to loss of old school fans and yet no residency. Im not even going to get into his Drug Habits, because the Druggie he is , the druggies he attracts.

Crowd - The younger generation has come in recently due to the promoters discretion to make the party 18 and over. Since Black and Sirit both fell through as 21 and over due to lack of success. So now the younger generation that is there "JUST TO FEEL COOL", since they feel that any topic about JP will make them triendier or cooler to fit in with the crowd. They are those kids who post "SF" on their myspace pages and yet they are only 18 or 19 years old. Well lets go and do the math. Well if you were 18 then that means you were 15 years old when u could have experienced the last few days of SF. But instead of picking on the younger generation, lets take a look at the 20-22 year olds who attend his parties. Most of them are as much educated on house music, as Vic Latino. These kids usually attend large venues and mostly go see DJ's that are mostly attended like DT, Boris, and Calderone. Rarely do I ever see the JP crowd attend more exclusive events who hosts more reknown DJ's except for Crobar that has the budget to book them.

Music - This is the best part. Musically JP did astonish me back in his prime which in my opinion happened from 1999 to 2002 with his notable live cd releases. But before that He used to play Hard and I mean Hard Tech until he switched his style when he came into SF. After SF closed the guy has been on a constant shipwreak. I think the last decent party that I think was 5/10 was his performance on 2003/2004 New Years Even @ Exit. JP has NO CREDITABLE RELEASES in my words. I mean doesnt it say something when no other DJ will play your records on his set. His Record Company i think pressed 5 records if im correct. WOW fellows that is a big number. JP IS A TRISTATE DJ, NOT WORLDWIDE so how do you even dare to compare him to other WorldWide DJ's as Morillo, Sanchez, Carl Cox etc. The guy is not even recognized outside his borders. JP never gets invited to major House Music Festivals around the World like "Sensation White & Black in Amsterdam", "InterCity Conference" in Brazil, "Thunderdome Festival" in Belgium or others around the world.

And shame on you if you dare to talk about WMC. WMC is nothing compared to in scale and budget and the amount of people who attend the other music conferences that I have mentioned.

Conclusion - You heard what I had to say about this topic. If you feel otherwise, well it's your option and you are entirely free to it. But these statements were said by rought facts and educated opinion.

The morale of this story : "FOLLOW THE MUSIC, NOT THE CROWD"

Everything you said is 100% correct. I think the exact same thing. The guy is finished, Cannot even come close to any of the big DJ's. I dont even like Boris, and I would def say Boris kicks JPs ass. Just look at his tracklists, and anyone who is up to date with there music, can see it. The guy is just not good anymore.

i think jenbabe was the best dancer in the club!!!

MY review!!

got there at 4 they shut the club down, cops everywhere and they shut down the block....so i drove around, went mcD's got hashbrowns and went on line around 6 and got in....the crowd was straight DNA, DUbLIN PUB, KRAZE, PURE kids....i thought the music was good....he was playing very hard!!...he closed early at 10am.....

A Jp Party is a JP party you basically can predict it by now....he can to do something quick his parties are on there way out..the crowd is just plan :vomit3: :vomit3: :vomit3:

i cant recall who but i remember someone on this thread sayng he/her felt bad for jp because he attracts a drug crowd.. :nopity:

cash rules everything

the guy is making tons of cash off of 18+ events... no sympathy..

ps not sure if anyone caught this... but a 17 year old is complaining about a bunch of newbies being out... it doesnt get any worse than that..

Me and a friend got there about 2am and waited on line for about half hour. It was running pretty smoothly.

Last 2 JP parties i've been two were pretty shitty, july 4 and halloween, but for some reason i cant get away from them. lol , EHH...

All in all i had a very good time. I found some friends in there i wasnt planning on meeting and we hung out together and danced all night. I also found friends i havn't seen in years which was very cool. I didn't pay attention to the crappy aspects a typical JP night has to offer, as some of you have mention'd, such as the silly youngster cool kid crowd, crackheads, etc etc..It is what you make it, you know?

Some very good dancers in their, which is always a pleasure to see. The music was decent all night, a few pieces i really liked. Not really good with ID's so wouldnt be able to tell you which. Although when i first walked in he played some horrendous tracks. Around 5 am there was a very good pump in that room that lasted a while which i really enjoyed. Died out after he slowed the BPM, which i definately dont have a problem with.

What kinda pissed me off was when i asked security where i can go smoke outside. He pointed to the double doors and i got stamped as i walked out. As i walked back in they were searching everyone who was smoking outside over again, and taking there packs of ciggarettes. Those bastards had a shit load of packs on that table, and after i wasted 8 bucks at a NYC bodega.

Well i was the kat with the all yellow brazil shirt rippin it all night. Walked out a little after 9 just to get stopped by the cops for a broken tail light On our way back to jersey. Got harrassed for a bit after my stupid friend told them we had just walked out the club, all this as we looked like zombies he was like what?? its almost ten..haha..Nice move.. He def knew we were lookin kinda funny. Good times tho that night...

I am pruley digusted at a # of thingsand a # of YOU!!!!!!!!

1. All u that post in the review some of which i am friends, write these long posts! BUT YOU WERE NOT THERE!! how can u write a review if not attending!! U all seriously need to relax!! yes relax u know who u are!! and u know we all share the same love for music!! but please y do u keep wasting ur time on something u dislike so much with negative emotions!!

2.My review! I was there from 11:30 - 7:00am!! A. i have been a fan of jp for a long time. I am 26. and i know the difference between JP then and now!! B. The crowd i agree was absolutely gross! I am sorry to say this and i am not being prejudice, but i dont get every asian in the place being so fucked up, standing there holding on to the speaker!! gross!!!! C. ALL u youngins disgust me with your talk about drugs in the club and outside on the line!! U all have know clue!! I hope ur life becomes imporatant to you because many of u all staring at a long harmful road!! D. The MUSIC!! i thought JP did a better job then in the past!! I really did not hear trainwrecks as i have in the past!! His selection is typical!! But i must say he did pull out some oldies which was stated he was goin to do!! I thought he played best from like 400am till i left!!

3. The venue itself was alot bigger than i expected. And i think JP team did a great job "getting it done in less than 24 hour time frame" Many of u have know idea what it takes to set up!! lights, sound, soundtests, performances, securtiy ect,ect...!!!! It is def. not a place for any DJ!! U pick anyone of ur favs and there be the same problems there was for jp!! So get a clue!! it is not a venue for the CLUB scene!!

4> again the reason for my BIG post is to hopefully clear some things up with some of you!! i am still disgusted with some of the posts!! i hope some of u who really take time to write these long statments but were not there maybe rethink!! This is key ppl "thinking" yes isaid it!! Some of u who i know and are my friends i know have a brain!! Lets keep it to the reviews and not ur personal vendetas(sp)!! agianst something YOU dislike!! there is not one other DJ that is talked about on this board as JP is!! EX. Trance may not be my thing! But i dont go a post when tiesto comes into town!! WOW all u trance heads stand around in awe of a DJ at crobar not dancing with one head in the air yelling T I E S T O !!!!!!!!! No dancing!! yea thats fun!!! especially when the BPM's are warp speed!! But out of respect i have for music. i will keep my personal comments to myself! especailly when i was not there and some of you were!! why take your good reviews away by negativity!! This is why "our" scence SUCKS!! Because of the negativity filled within the scene!! So we all are the same!! crackheads, guidos, music heads, asians, whatever!! we all bring down the scene with our own negativity!! AAND THESE PRBLEMS PPL ARE EVERYWHERE NOT JUST JP PARTIES!! I HAVE SEEN MANY MANY DJS AND THE SAME SHIT GOES ON IN ALL CLUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW!!

TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU

CARMINE

I am pruley digusted at a # of thingsand a # of YOU!!!!!!!!

1. All u that post in the review some of which i am friends, write these long posts! BUT YOU WERE NOT THERE!! how can u write a review if not attending!! U all seriously need to relax!! yes relax u know who u are!! and u know we all share the same love for music!! but please y do u keep wasting ur time on something u dislike so much with negative emotions!!

2.My review! I was there from 11:30 - 7:00am!! A. i have been a fan of jp for a long time. I am 26. and i know the difference between JP then and now!! B. The crowd i agree was absolutely gross! I am sorry to say this and i am not being prejudice, but i dont get every asian in the place being so fucked up, standing there holding on to the speaker!! gross!!!! C. ALL u youngins disgust me with your talk about drugs in the club and outside on the line!! U all have know clue!! I hope ur life becomes imporatant to you because many of u all staring at a long harmful road!! D. The MUSIC!! i thought JP did a better job then in the past!! I really did not hear trainwrecks as i have in the past!! His selection is typical!! But i must say he did pull out some oldies which was stated he was goin to do!! I thought he played best from like 400am till i left!!

3. The venue itself was alot bigger than i expected. And i think JP team did a great job "getting it done in less than 24 hour time frame" Many of u have know idea what it takes to set up!! lights, sound, soundtests, performances, securtiy ect,ect...!!!! It is def. not a place for any DJ!! U pick anyone of ur favs and there be the same problems there was for jp!! So get a clue!! it is not a venue for the CLUB scene!!

4> again the reason for my BIG post is to hopefully clear some things up with some of you!! i am still disgusted with some of the posts!! i hope some of u who really take time to write these long statments but were not there maybe rethink!! This is key ppl "thinking" yes isaid it!! Some of u who i know and are my friends i know have a brain!! Lets keep it to the reviews and not ur personal vendetas(sp)!! agianst something YOU dislike!! there is not one other DJ that is talked about on this board as JP is!! EX. Trance may not be my thing! But i dont go a post when tiesto comes into town!! WOW all u trance heads stand around in awe of a DJ at crobar not dancing with one head in the air yelling T I E S T O !!!!!!!!! No dancing!! yea thats fun!!! especially when the BPM's are warp speed!! But out of respect i have for music. i will keep my personal comments to myself! especailly when i was not there and some of you were!! why take your good reviews away by negativity!! This is why "our" scence SUCKS!! Because of the negativity filled within the scene!! So we all are the same!! crackheads, guidos, music heads, asians, whatever!! we all bring down the scene with our own negativity!! AAND THESE PRBLEMS PPL ARE EVERYWHERE NOT JUST JP PARTIES!! I HAVE SEEN MANY MANY DJS AND THE SAME SHIT GOES ON IN ALL CLUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW!!

TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU

CARMINE

Well put Carmine, A little harsh, but well put.

"

he was past his his prime post 1999. 1997-1999 was the best.

he does have a couple of credible releases.

he is a new york dj.

i don't think anybody disputes that.

although i'd imagine it's gotta be pretty tough to branch out when you're locked into the contract he had at sf having to play every weekend and not allowed to play another venue within a certain radius.

don't know why you're upset.

i don't think jp is.

i haven't gone out in yrs yet alone to a jp party.

i was a regular circa 97-99.

you don't have to like him, you don't have to like his crowd.

you also don't have to go.........

when he has a line around the block and have to shut the block down b/c of all the people trying to get in. the man is doing something right, and that is GETTING PAID.

the man is a cash cow.

i agree with almost all of the criticisms about his partys lately.

thats prob why he's dropped the age to 18+.

when you get older and have a chance to expereince other scenes, other dj's and different environments, you have no patience for what goes on at jp parties these days.

i moved on so will you.

he was past his his prime post 1999. 1997-1999 was the best.

he does have a couple of credible releases.

he is a new york dj.

i don't think anybody disputes that.

although i'd imagine it's gotta be pretty tough to branch out when you're locked into the contract he had at sf having to play every weekend and not allowed to play another venue within a certain radius.

don't know why you're upset.

i don't think jp is.

i haven't gone out in yrs yet alone to a jp party.

i was a regular circa 97-99.

you don't have to like him, you don't have to like his crowd.

you also don't have to go.........

when he has a line around the block and have to shut the block down b/c of all the people trying to get in. the man is doing something right, and that is GETTING PAID.

the man is a cash cow.

i agree with almost all of the criticisms about his partys lately.

thats prob why he's dropped the age to 18+.

when you get older and have a chance to expereince other scenes, other dj's and different environments, you have no patience for what goes on at jp parties these days.

i moved on so will you.

Agreed. It just pisses me off that the guy makes any money, There is 1000 better DJs than him that could be gettin exposure, because they are great DJs and play great tracks. It just rubs me the wrong way. All it is, is ignornace. The 18 yr old kids have no idea how to party, how to dress, how to do drugs, or anything about music. That is JPs crowd. They are pests to our scene, and in my opinion need to be exterminated. If JP parties were 21 and over like most of the parties, JP would be done, we know this, his managers know this, his promoters know this, He most def knows this, and the clubs that book him know this. He is an amatures DJ, a DJ for the people not educated in House music or the scene. He is also memories, great memories for the people who went to see the man in his heyday. Those people still go because it triggers those memories that were some of the best times of there lives. I cannot blame them for that. One thing is agreed apon in this entire thread, JP is not a good Dj anymore, his venues suck, his crowds suck, his music is absolutley terrible. But what can we do, if the old school factory heads and the ignornant 16-18 year old kids wanna chalk up 40-50 bucks to go to one of his so called parties. That is there parogitive. Its there money, he wont get any of mine anymore, its just a shame such a washed up terrible DJ is still making money like that, when there is so many good young DJs not gettin booked. PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF!!!!!!

Agreed. It just pisses me off that the guy makes any money, There is 1000 better DJs than him that could be gettin exposure, because they are great DJs and play great tracks. It just rubs me the wrong way. All it is, is ignornace. The 18 yr old kids have no idea how to party, how to dress, how to do drugs, or anything about music. That is JPs crowd. They are pests to our scene, and in my opinion need to be exterminated. If JP parties were 21 and over like most of the parties, JP would be done, we know this, his managers know this, his promoters know this, He most def knows this, and the clubs that book him know this. He is an amatures DJ, a DJ for the people not educated in House music or the scene. He is also memories, great memories for the people who went to see the man in his heyday. Those people still go because it triggers those memories that were some of the best times of there lives. I cannot blame them for that. One thing is agreed apon in this entire thread, JP is not a good Dj anymore, his venues suck, his crowds suck, his music is absolutley terrible. But what can we do, if the old school factory heads and the ignornant 16-18 year old kids wanna chalk up 40-50 bucks to go to one of his so called parties. That is there parogitive. Its there money, he wont get any of mine anymore, its just a shame such a washed up terrible DJ is still making money like that, when there is so many good young DJs not gettin booked. PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF!!!!!!

why do you get so mad over it? If you dont plan on going to his parties anymore then you'll never have to see any of this that PISSES YOU THE FUCK OFF. So why continue to stress it so hard?

you quote rite here really sums everything up for anyone reading your posts

I have only been into this game for a lil over a year now, I was not around

why do you get so mad over it? If you dont plan on going to his parties anymore then you'll never have to see any of this that PISSES YOU THE FUCK OFF. So why continue to stress it so hard?

i agree who cares about all those things if you dont even go to his parties....big deal

i agree who cares about all those things if you dont even go to his parties....big deal

I know..

if you dont like it don't go or even think about it

Don't yucky on someone else's yummies.

I dont go into threads about DJ's that I dont care for just to rip on people who like them