Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Happy Valley"

Don't know if you're familiar with this bar/club, but I checked it out this past Friday.

I was expecting a nightclub where people could dance... what I saw instead was a bar, with people packed like sardines and standing around. Nobody was dancing.

The bouncers at the door had a BIG attitude problem. I stood in line for a few minutes while they let in people who were to the left or right of me, and avoided eye contact with me. Finally when it was obvious they couldn't ignore me anymore, they condescendingly checked my ID...

I don't know about Friday's but their 'gay' night on Tuesday is fuckin KICKIN!!! Larry Tee spins upstairs and Ryan McKnight plays in the basement. Distortion Disko, on Thursday nights, is my fave night but Valley is trying it's hardest to overtake that status.

And I don't know how 'straight' clubs work but if you don't feel like standing in line then do something about it!!! Make yourself stand out. This past Thursday I was like "fuck it!" and painted on a mask. I've brought up the whole make-up issue before and most guys went haywire but I know a lot of guys, straight and gay, would love to play 'super hero' for a night. Wearing a mask allows you to portray this persona that you might not allow yourself to do if you weren't hiding behind a mask. If you were going to dress like you were just going to the mall then don't expect some door guy to notice you from anyone else...

I don't understand why people like to stand around in bars that are packed like sardine cans. How did you decide to go there anyway?

As far as lines in straight clubs are concerned, I've never heard about anybody making themselves "stand out" in order get in. I've never went anywhere and did not get in. I think the rules are simple:

1. If this is a pretentious place, either don't go or make a reservation

2. If this is not a pretentious place:

a) Dress reasonably

B) Arrive before the club gets full

Agreements? Disagreements?

As far as lines in straight clubs are concerned, I've never heard about anybody making themselves "stand out" in order get in.

Gee you breeders would be a dull bunch to go out with... All I know is when I worked the door at Bank (Element) there were a few rules we followed as to who doesn't have to wait in line (and that line is loooooong). All I know is if some of you wore a mask of some sort just to be a bit different then you might not go back to being 'normal' once you let yourself go.

• 2 months later...

I planned an event this Friday at Happy Valley, June 16th, and I will personally guarantee that there will no attitude at the door, the beats will be amazing, and alcohol will be serve till 10 am. It is a charity event that will donate to Brain Cancer Research. Heres the flyer if you're interested: Two installments:

powerhousehadfm.jpg

HADFM-Flyer2-Back.jpg

Its all about a good time, good music and a good cause.

Regards,

Pablo

I don't know about Friday's but their 'gay' night on Tuesday is fuckin KICKIN!!! Larry Tee spins upstairs and Ryan McKnight plays in the basement. Distortion Disko, on Thursday nights, is my fave night but Valley is trying it's hardest to overtake that status.

And I don't know how 'straight' clubs work but if you don't feel like standing in line then do something about it!!! Make yourself stand out. This past Thursday I was like "fuck it!" and painted on a mask. I've brought up the whole make-up issue before and most guys went haywire but I know a lot of guys, straight and gay, would love to play 'super hero' for a night. Wearing a mask allows you to portray this persona that you might not allow yourself to do if you weren't hiding behind a mask. If you were going to dress like you were just going to the mall then don't expect some door guy to notice you from anyone else...

rather be myself than a super hero but if that is fun for you than have fun... I dont have to hide behind a mask or a preference...isnt there a holiday for this

what happen to some good music and/or a few drinks to loosen up

I dont know, I think having a mask on in a club looks ridiuculous. No offense. If the club were full of other people with makeup/masks on..maybe..I could deal with it. ..but some random guy on a club line with a mask seems like a joke.

I planned an event this Friday at Happy Valley, June 16th, and I will personally guarantee that there will no attitude at the door, the beats will be amazing, and alcohol will be serve till 10 am. It is a charity event that will donate to Brain Cancer Research. Heres the flyer if you're interested: Two installments:

powerhousehadfm.jpg

HADFM-Flyer2-Back.jpg

Its all about a good time, good music and a good cause.

Regards,

Pablo

that sounds like a great party! You should post a seperate thread about it...I might come through, I've been wanting to check out Happy Valley and that is a great line-up!

i think computerjockey has a point with the mask thing....people used to dress up crazy and it was fun... now everyone "dresses up" and looks exactly the same.. i can understand this at the more pretentious lounges in the city playing hip hop ...but why wear stilettos at ahouse party...masks , crazy makeup costumes are fun , i wish more people would embrace it