Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review...Crobar- DT and Picotto

Guest onisakura

I thought they were both pretty damn awful. Still had a blast with my peeps though, was there till the very last song....i have to say Danny got better at the end. He played his version of Rui Da Silva - Touch me that rockd the house and brought back so many space patio memories for me. His last song was a great samba, back to his roots. Amazing. Musically it was pretty close to awful between the train wrecks, fuck ups, miscues and some bad tracks, but overall it was a great party. I danced my ass off, from 1:30am when i got there till noon. Only time i stopped was pretty much when Picotto was playing the harder shit and when he did that travesty of KOT - Finally. WHAT THE FUCK was he thinking???

It was all right, nothing to write home about. Was there for DT mainly so I can't talk about Pico. To stick to the stars system I'll give that night a 2.5* out of 5.

PS: $50 entrance! $4 coat check! Crobar's pushing it if you ask me. For that price they could afford real confettis to replace the napkins they throw in the air.

anyone know the name of the song after danny T go ton the mic and said

" New York City its time for some drums" and he started teasing in the sound of drums and then the lyrics paeng paeng followed.....it was pretty insane and chaotic at that point...otherwise nite was fun....I batttled gino the ginny for a while but his mom pulled him out cuz it was after his bedtime

anyone know the name of the song after danny T go ton the mic and said " New York City its time for some drums" and he started teasing in the sound of drums and then the lyrics paeng paeng followed.....it was pretty insane and chaotic at that point...

Sounded like a live mix of "Rhythm is My Bitch", "Din Da Da", and whatever DT could throw in there. (I think)

started the night at annex on orchard. spencer product hosts a rocking friday night with a great crowd. and lots of dirty bass electro.

got to crobar 4 or 4:30. I think the door staff is superb at crobar and made events even moreso as some arc friends attend.

picotto was wrapping up. i heard about 45 minutes of him. what I heard was good. it was techno but with some supple rhythms. i liked his techno tracks and they had stabs of melody that were minimal but just right.

he finished right about at 5. i sensed he was playing 'support' slightly in deference to DT, what i heard of picotto was surely good but it wasnt mind blowing.

dt came on & he played techno beats with some tribal and progressive aspects. i thought it was similar to what he played in dec. at spirit xmas party but i thought that set was better. i stayed til 7 i was waiting for dt to take it somewhere else he justs seemd to be clanking away. it was def good & i was enjoying the hard beats, hat abstract track he played foer about 20 mins maybe 6 or 6;30 was very cool.

now i wish id stayed til 8 or 9 or later. sounds like dt turned it up by 9 and later. id been on the town since 11-1130 and danced a ton at annex so cldnt dig deeper to stay a few more hours. i was impressed with dt's set it was modern and abstract techno, but imo it wasnt on the top level of some of his 2005 sets like 1st 2 crobar sets or spirit arc reunion, halloween or xmas, imo.

still i hope dt comes back soon & plays all night on his own, that could be top notch.

i thought the crowd was ok actually, saw some great friends, and my areas were rocking but it was WAY too crowded & that actually held the energy down in some ways. it was a much better crowd than vibe/calderone for example, but it wasnt as strong a crowd as say arc reunion at spirit in 2005.

Id rate dt ***3/4 of 5 stars but the opressive atmosphere might take the night down to ***1/2 overall. so a good/decent dt night but by no meams one of his legendary events, in my estimation. but ill be there next time

It was exactly what I expected from DT. Played some sick tracks, and some that just had me shakin my head on how bad they were!!!! I didnt hear Picotto at all. But I am not a fan of tech for long amounts of time, so I dont think I would of liked him anyway.

Does anyone know the ID on that Tech House banger DT played Vocals were Danca Mi Famila!!!

I WAnna keep it short and sweet.got there aorund 12 got to skipp that Longg ass line thank god because there was no way i was waiting on that shitty Line got inside quickly Mauro was playing some techy stuff with some hard ass baselines it was pretty good for me i was loving those crazy techno joints he was dropping not as good as his sets at avalon tho but still top quality techno wich is why i love the guy. he was so mangled tho haha he was eating a banana while Dt was shinning his lights at it i thought thatw as hilarious. As for DT i liked his clsing set more than the tag team the track that got me going crazy was the track that went "Twistedd!!!" lol i lost it overall i give the night a 3/5.

RAY RAY NIce meeting ya there buddy.

great night overall, the crowd was pretty decent... Mauro started with some electro-techno stuff, then got into some minimal tech here and there (not too minimal tho, which i dont like) with a hint of housey/tribal tech as well, and yeah, right around 345-4AM he was just RELENTLESS with the hard tech, i was like wut the helllllllllllllllllllllll.... its a shame he didnt play more of it from the start like he usually did at Avalon but w.e., his set was interesting nonetheless.... some of my dumb shit oblivious friends were like at 4AM "so whens Mauro comin on? i dont like Danny".... hahaha retards.... im a straight up tech-head though so when it comes to a DJ like Mauro coming, im thereeeee and i dont even pay attention to ne DJs but him that night, so i left around DT's set, started good but i danced so hard to Mauro i hadda leave haha...

i need a few tracks ID'd from Mauro's set....

1. it was this ultra hard tribal tech song with diverse tribal drums and bongos being played, he played it early on like 1:30ish right in the middle of all this minim-electro-techno he was playin so it caught everyone off guard, sounded like some hard tribal tech any New York house DJ would play after 6AM, just sick dark stuff

2. hard tech vs electro track around the 4 o'clock mark, maybe a little before with one scremaing vocal, "unbelieveable!!!!!" and the beat came in

3. all the songs around number 2, that whole line of tech songs until he brought the volume down after 4 and started with a new fresh slower track...

DT dropped a classic picotto track at 6:10. It was a little slower than what picotto would spin it...the video is up on you tube...its the one that is 2:56 minutes

yeahhh picotto used to play it at like 145BPM haha

:D TECH WITH SOUL! hehehe i 100% agree gabe...

and oh let me just add, DANNY WAS FUCKIN MADNESS! HAHA

best set in my opinion at crobar....w0w

brand^E , who the heck is 8a+? lool

nice dancing with you chocolatEEEE...ugh love our dancing moves there ;)

muah

Good times, 8a+ was ON POINT with track selection and i left at like 10:30 when i couldnt stand anymore. i was actually pretty bored with mauro this time, last time he was at crobar was just "ok" his avalon sets were awesome

when dad is not with you, it's not the same

PS: $50 entrance! $4 coat check! Crobar's pushing it if you ask me. For that price they could afford real confettis to replace the napkins they throw in the air.

Seriously, hate how they pump up the price even on a list it went up. Too crowded for me left around 7 got there around 2am.