Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Behrouz Crobar reviews?

clinton

any Behrouz Crobar reviews?

I didnt like his fast techy electro-ish pots & pans at all.

In January he played deep house, funky, housey.

I dont know why he was so souped up last night but i could not get into the groove at all.

Stayed from 2-ish to 355.

I will say that a lot of people seemed to be enjoying it, altho I found his fast tempos to be very calderone & much less musical and classic housey than Ive heard him play before... also ending at 5 am as crobar now does seems to change the entire flow of the night... imo the metallic clanking sound that behrouz played last night was done far far better by ferry corsten in january with his hard trance.melody/electro, altho Im sure some house purists will never believe that corsten can be far better than behrouz live...

Ive been a huge Crobar fan for 3+ years but the last 2 or 3 times I felt that club has lost it.

besides Behrouz' fast techy pots & pans i cldnt stand the crowd, seemed like really unpolished ill-mannered B&T, not dirty exactly but just a rougher demographic even if they put their party clothes on.

and where were the choice women? a few years ago crobar wld get at least a handffull of hotties. did not like what i was seeing last night in the crowd & vibe nor behrouz' techy jams....

oh well lawler's coming, his 2004 crobar set was off the charts.

the police presence is really dampening the vibe of crobar/28th...its a sad time in nyc chelsea big room clubbing.....

hey didnt see you last night, but i had a fantastic time with my friends and thought behrouz actually was palying some great music from the moment he got on until he was shut down. Now if the party would have gone to 8am like his last party he wouldve defenitley brung down teh pace ofthe ebats and end withsome deeper house cuts. But we werent blessed to last that long at crobar. Thank god for the afterspot perfect way to end the night.

Behrouz will be back on thurs nov 9th at cielo and hearing him there is something special cause he starts off real real deep and then just builds it up and ends it smoothly.

My complaints for crobar are having that damn hip[ hop shit until 1am and then stopping behrouz at 430am WTF.

hey didnt see you last night, but i had a fantastic time with my friends and thought behrouz actually was palying some great music from the moment he got on until he was shut down. Now if the party would have gone to 8am like his last party he wouldve defenitley brung down teh pace ofthe ebats and end withsome deeper house cuts. But we werent blessed to last that long at crobar. Thank god for the afterspot perfect way to end the night.

Behrouz will be back on thurs nov 9th at cielo and hearing him there is something special cause he starts off real real deep and then just builds it up and ends it smoothly.

My complaints for crobar are having that damn hip[ hop shit until 1am and then stopping behrouz at 430am WTF.

ughhh!!! hip hop has no place in dance clubs what so ever!!!!

i was in soho til 2 that party might have spent my energy. I think maybe i didnt have the vibe to deal with beh's hi energy. man 430 thats beat, i lfet at 4 and he was just mid set ez.

so ted shred opened- was he real beat? hip hop on main floor...weird, uncalled for

glad you liked it I'll think about cielo....

2 things.

first, why is crobar closing at 5am again :( this sux. is the club going to close soon??? i go away for a weekend away from the clubs and i come back to hear that!

second, behrouz at cielo nov 9th???? i'm there...im off work on the 10th re veterans day weekend, awesome, gabe im down. can't wait.

besides Behrouz' fast techy pots & pans i cldnt stand the crowd, seemed like really unpolished ill-mannered B&T, not dirty exactly but just a rougher demographic even if they put their party clothes on.

and where were the choice women? a few years ago crobar wld get at least a handffull of hotties. did not like what i was seeing last night in the crowd & vibe nor behrouz' techy jams....

I left around 1:30 but the crowd was really bad from what I saw. I remember when Crobar first opened there were so many hot girls there all the time. I can't say I'm complaining ;), but you're definitely right that the crowd has gone downhill in general. I can't believe they shut it down @ 5...that opening DJ was horrible. I think that might have been the worst set I've ever heard in my life.

just go see behrouz at cielo from now on. his sets there are amazing and so diff from crobar. yes its sad, cro was once a great club, not anymore. wanna see someone ya like spin magical sets go to the smaller venues like cielo. seems as soon as they get in a big room they have to spin to loud, to fast and to much pots and pans. pacha is no diff. stimulus in the basement is 10 times better then who is upstairs. just my thoughts. i think gabe will agree.

Hip hop in the main room? Say it ain't so. Hip hop has no place with that kind of system, just like house/trance shouldn't be played at places with inferior sound (like 90% of lounges)

This is awful especially since Crobar is my fav club in New York. Will they continue this crap for Sharam? Feeding hip hop in the main room?

I guess I might have to pass on Sharam or AVB... man o man...

The hip-hop in the main room was horrible till 1 am, hip-hop aside the dj was just bad and the drunk white trash dancers he had on the stage with him didnt add to his cred either. This hip hop in the main room needs to end, thats what the reed room is for (when there isnt a local showcase)

Hip hop in the main room? Say it ain't so. Hip hop has no place with that kind of system, just like house/trance shouldn't be played at places with inferior sound (like 90% of lounges)

This is awful especially since Crobar is my fav club in New York. Will they continue this crap for Sharam? Feeding hip hop in the main room?

I guess I might have to pass on Sharam or AVB... man o man...

armin has remy opening up. no worries trance all night. also a made event. will go later.

The hip-hop in the main room was horrible till 1 am, hip-hop aside the dj was just bad and the drunk white trash dancers he had on the stage with him didnt add to his cred either. This hip hop in the main room needs to end, thats what the reed room is for (when there isnt a local showcase)

That chick in the red looked like Ashlee Simpson on crack...that was such a shitshow it drove me to drink, haha.

Behrouz threw down a sick set on Saturday. The hip hop by the opening dj was horrible but Behrouz totally made up for it. His set was filled with such emotion. took us on a journey of tech, minimal, tribal and so much more. Unfortunately the club came up to him at 4 am and told him to shut down in half an hour due to cops so he didn't have time to take us on his usual house winding journey. We also got a taste of Behrouz at this afterparty where he threw it down deep and dirty. What a fantastic dj :)

oh well lawler's coming, his 2004 crobar set was off the charts.

the police presence is really dampening the vibe of crobar/28th...its a sad time in nyc chelsea big room clubbing.....

Hey Clinton if you dont like minimal music then I dont recommend catching Lawler. That's all he's been playing the past year. Do not expect to hear the Lawler of the past. His sound has completely changed.

:nopity: Yeah, for the past couple of weeks, I haven't been to the Cro...and probably won't for a while....after hearing all the crap I've been hearing....and the last couple of times I've gone, I haven't really had that great a time....so I decided a bit ago that I'm staying away. Its sucks, 'cause I used to have so much fun there. Oh, well, you know what they say....when one door closes, another opportunity comes knocking. Nightclubbing "powers" are shifting....let's see who it goes to next. c'est la vie. ha.:zzz2: