Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cops closed crobar.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYPD Shuts Down Two Manhattan Nightclubs

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Police closed down two nightclubs for at least five nights, saying they had histories of violence, drug sales and other problems.

Crobar and Sol, both in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, were shuttered at 10 p.m. Friday, police said. The clubs were just opening, and few patrons were on hand, Detective. Theresa Farello said.

The nightspots will be closed at least until a court hearing Wednesday, when a judge will decide whether to let them reopen, she said.

Crobar's phone was not answered early Saturday, and messages left at Sol were not immediately returned.

A city nuisance law lets authorities close businesses that have been the scenes of drug sales, alcohol violations and some other offenses.

Police pointed to the shooting of two Crobar patrons in July. They also said in a release that investigators had made multiple undercover drug buys at the Crobar, at 530 W. 28th St., and the club had been cited with three alcohol violations.

Sol has seen "multiple acts of violence which required police response," the police release said. The club, at 609 W. 29th St., also has been ticketed twice on charges of having a disorderly premises and failing to control the crowd, and police have evidence of drug use, drug sales and numerous thefts there, the release said.

that sucks, and bad timing... bf & I have been wanting to hit one of the straight mega clubs for a few months now and tonight would have worked--both off work, Merritt djing, had comps... :( Anyone have ideas (and/or guestlist???) for any other spots that would be a good substitute? Thanx

Hope everything works out and they reopen asap

that sucks, and bad timing... bf & I have been wanting to hit one of the straight mega clubs for a few months now and tonight would have worked--both off work, Merritt djing, had comps... :( Anyone have ideas (and/or guestlist???) for any other spots that would be a good substitute? Thanx

Hope everything works out and they reopen asap

Pacha tonight

you can ask fro Jonpaul guest list,

It seems unfair to me that Crobar is closed ... when I went there on New Years hoping to get in with my ticket alone, I was in the line for about 10 minutes and saw the bouncers doing a great job, a number of people getting kicked out, one kid being arrested with a fake ID, all the right security measures ... and the bouncers were not stupid like some, and they were friendly and under control, even when one realised that I was ... "mistaken about the clubbing age here" and kindly asked me to leave. With a big place like that, it's not easy to keep some things from slipping by, and I think people should be less retarded about who they sell drugs to as well.

This is all b/c of that dumbass girl who was underage and drunk and got into a cab with some thug on 12 ave... Who later was raped and murdered in some seedy hotel in jersey.. That is NYC nightlifes fault and the politicans are going full on to basically destroy anything fun left in this city

This is all b/c of that dumbass girl who was underage and drunk and got into a cab with some thug on 12 ave... Who later was raped and murdered in some seedy hotel in jersey.. That is NYC nightlifes fault and the politicans are going full on to basically destroy anything fun left in this city

ain't that the truth,every time there's an article about the clubs and bars they keep mentioning the young girl who was murdered.I would like to know is what her parents has to say,they were told she was going to her friends house on a week night and by 1 or even 2 am they have no idea she was'nt home or did they have the since to call her friends parents.Hate to say it but when a person gets that fucked up you're asking for it and in her case she got it.Dumbass.

ain't that the truth,every time there's an article about the clubs and bars they keep mentioning the young girl who was murdered.I would like to know is what her parents has to say,they were told she was going to her friends house on a week night and by 1 or even 2 am they have no idea she was'nt home or did they have the since to call her friends parents.Hate to say it but when a person gets that fucked up you're asking for it and in her case she got it.Dumbass.

so girls who go out and have fun (regardless of being underage or not) should get raped and murdered??? great logic...no wonder NYC nightlife is going down the shitter...

So you never got that fucked up in ur life?

Guest onisakura

Sure people get fucked up all the time, but theres a HUGE difference between being smart and/or responsible...hell you dont even need to be overly smart to just KNOW that you don't get drunk then walk to a lot on the west side highway in a mini skirt at 4am BY YOURSELF.

Thats just plain stupid and putting yourself in an extremely dangerous situation. No she didnt deserve it, no one deserves that....but its a situation that could have very easily been avoided.

Of course, no one deserves what happened to that girl. With that said, the club should not be held accountable about what happens to an 18-year old girl once she leaves the club and walks a few blocks and gets in a car with someone. It's just so silly that the clubs are being targeted because of a murder (that no one associated with the clubs committed).

-Mike