Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need to interview those who go to Crobar, Spirit, Pacha, Avalon etc.

I am a grad student writing my thesis about clubbers in NYC who go to megaclubs (like the ones mentioned in the subject line). Megaclubs - because they are big and commercial and "anti-underground" - cause a lot of debates within the dance music community, and yet many people still experience dance music at them, not just in New York but globally.

I am looking for people who currently go out to these places. That doesn't mean that you go to these clubs to the exclusion of all other venues, but that you've been to one or more of them at least 6-7 times in 2006 - and plan to go again in 2007. (And I know Spirit and Avalon are now closed - hopefully not Crobar too.)

You also have to be willing to do an in-person, sound recorded interview with me. I will be asking about how you got into dance music, your drug use (past and current), other clubs you go to / went to, and your thoughts about the music & dancing. Obviously it will all be confidential.

I don't post here that often (more of a lurker) but this is for real. If you're interested, or have more questions, please email me at nycdancestudy@gmail.com I will send you more information about my project, including all the boring official stuff like my name & my adviser's name, release forms, etc.

Advance apologies because I might have to re-post this in a couple of days.

I am a grad student writing my thesis about clubbers in NYC who go to megaclubs (like the ones mentioned in the subject line). Megaclubs - because they are big and commercial and "anti-underground" - cause a lot of debates within the dance music community, and yet many people still experience dance music at them, not just in New York but globally.

I am looking for people who currently go out to these places. That doesn't mean that you go to these clubs to the exclusion of all other venues, but that you've been to one or more of them at least 6-7 times in 2006 - and plan to go again in 2007. (And I know Spirit and Avalon are now closed - hopefully not Crobar too.)

You also have to be willing to do an in-person, sound recorded interview with me. I will be asking about how you got into dance music, your drug use (past and current), other clubs you go to / went to, and your thoughts about the music & dancing. Obviously it will all be confidential.

I don't post here that often (more of a lurker) but this is for real. If you're interested, or have more questions, please email me at nycdancestudy@gmail.com I will send you more information about my project, including all the boring official stuff like my name & my adviser's name, release forms, etc.

MAIL

if u think shes a cop, which i highly doubt. just make sure you dont admit u ever sold any drugs. you can admit you have taken, pills, bumps, lines, scoops, tabs, & mushies, all at the same time and for 20 years, and the pigs cant do anything to do. but u can admit u sold a one pill at sf 5 years ago, and get fucked for it. love how the legal system works.

You have mail. i wouldnt mind helping out i been going to super clubs for over 10 yrs in NYC and can give good insight to all of them. While super clubs are more commerical now i would still say some of the music is definatly underground as well as the atmosphere.

and yes NYC does have a night club task force aimed at shutting down night clubs.

If you are female, post a pic. Will you give out blowjobs as payment for services to the guys?

if u think shes a cop, which i highly doubt. just make sure you dont admit u ever sold any drugs. you can admit you have taken, pills, bumps, lines, scoops, tabs, & mushies, all at the same time and for 20 years, and the pigs cant do anything to do. but u can admit u sold a one pill at sf 5 years ago, and get fucked for it. love how the legal system works.

LMFAO I suggest you revise the legal system.

NYC who go to megaclubs (like the ones mentioned in the subject line). Megaclubs - because they are big and commercial and "anti-underground"

This person just said it ALL. This is why bars like Crobar and stuff, IMO, are kinda lame. You miss out on that underground feeling where you feel like something new is happening. New music scenes are where it's at. Once something gets commercial and 'above ground' then it just loses it's appeal and hardly has any type of 'family' feel to it.