Clubplanet Nightlife Community

::review Of Vegas 2007::

edlosangeles

Went to Vegas Jan. 18-20.Thurs-Fri. Hit up one spot each night, one on Thursday and one on Friday.

We did not do VIP in any spot as half of my party didn't want to do it. =(

Here is my review of the two spots.

----------------------------------

Worship @ Tao, Thrusday

Hours there: 11:30-2, 1st time here

ClubPlanet guestlist for 2 girls & 2 guys

Girls were free, dudes pay $15/each with no waiting in line =)

Venue (I added): 8

I must say that I liked the venue. Dark and red deco. The stripper-like chicks rubbing eachother at each entrance didn't hurt either.

They were quality looking women. Yeah baby! If I only had singles in my wallet!!!

If I remember correctly, there are 2 main rooms (upstairs and downstairs) and a statue bar off the hallway on the 2nd floor.

The statue bar is the one with all the little asain statues above the bar.

The club is quite huge. There is a lot of room in here, however there are a BUNCH of VIP tables spread throughout the club.

Everytime I walked somewhere I was literally bumping into VIP booths. I felt like they were everywhere! This makes it difficult to stop

and kick it for a few minutes. With such a large place, it was weird to keep having security tell me to keep moving.

But I understand the whole bottle service = $$$.

One other thing, girls-please continue NOT to wear the underwear as everyone can see your... stuff as you wait in line for the bathroom,

dancing on the 2nd floor balcony in the main room! =) Not that I watched or anything.

Drinks: 2

Boy, I haven't been to a Vegas club in about a year and the drinks went up 20-25%! Holy thievery, batman!

Here's what I paid for: 1 vodka-cranberry (well vodka, not Goose), 1 Corona = $18! And the vodka-cran was bad & watered down. =(

We ordered several of these and they didn't change all night.

The only reason I gave a rating of 2 instead of 1 was due to the hotties (girlz) they had behind the bar.

Crowd: 7

The crowd on Thrusdays (Worship) I am assuming is a local crowd with 20-30% of them tourist.

The crowd was a good looking crowd. Plenty of woman to go around with almost a 50/50 ratio of guys/girls! No sausage feast here.

Most people were polite and seemed like a college party crowd.

Staff: 6

I will have to say I have never seen any club where they double check to see if you got a hand stamp at the door.

On my way upstairs to the main room there was security asking to see hand stamps! And then a greeter at the top of the stairs... weird.

Security seemed average. Telling people they could not stand in certain places. There are few places as mentioned before.

The front door staff and cashier are nothing to report. Nothing good nor bad.

Music: 8

I dug the jams here! I spent 95% of my time in the main room. They mixed it up pretty good. From hip-hop, rap, & house with some old hip-hop jams.

Comments:

I would go back to Tao. Besides the drinks, I really liked it and had a good time. But next time, I'll bring a flashlight.

-----------------------

Friday's @ Pure, Friday

Hours there: 12-some time before 4, 4 time here

Someone we from knew from Tryst got us on the guestlist for 2 chix & 2 dudes

Girls were free, dudes pay $30/each with no waiting in line, OUCH! >=(

Venue: 9.5

My only problem with Pure in the past was the floor. Not the specifically the dance floor, the ENTIRE club floor.

Everywhere I went my shoes would stick to the floor. The floor was so sticky from everyone spilling & dropping drinks over the course

of the night, it was like walking on dried syrup! The good news is that when I went this past Friday, they actually had guys walking

around with mops & towels cleaning and drying the floor! WooHooo! Great job, PURE!

The decor at Pure is something close to spectacular. As soon as you walk in you see mirrors, clean see-through glass, and white fluffy

sheets waving around. This is somewhere you want to take a hot date to. Pure has three rooms and a red themed lounge.

The main room is straight down from the entrance. The Pussycat room is on the left, the Red Lounge is on the right.

The staircase leads to a nice glass encasing with a view of the Pussycat & main rooms. Then it leads to a outdoor patio area.

Complete with VIP tables/booths and large bar. The view from the patio is an outstanding view of the strip.

Drinks: 5

Better drink quality hear. You ask for a stiff drink, your going to get a stiff drink. Prices were high here as well.

Here's another example: 2 shots of Petron, vodka-cranberry (well), 2 Coronas=$47! I could have bought half a keg with this. =)

So here's a selling point for bottle service... Entrance & 5 drinks got me for $77 without tip. But like I said, the drinks here were

actually drinks.

Crowd: 8

Again, just another great Vegas party crowd. Didn't run into any rude people as most seemed to be busy trying to have a great time.

The women here are just as good as Tao if not better. Ratio was around 55/45 ratio in favor of the dudes.

I did notice that there were a few groups of guys hangin out, grabing girls as they pasted. Which to me means there are a little to many

guys standing around.

Staff: 5

The staff outside Pure is a little better then the staff inside, IMO. Just the little things I can catch. Like what was said to me and

how it was said. For example, the staff outside always looks straight at me when talking to me. As amazing as this seems is just polite!

Music: 7

The music inside the Pussycat room was rightous. Old school hip-hop, BBD/Heavy D type stuff. I love this shit!

The Red room I believe had a DJ but was not sure as I just walked through, again.

The main room mixes pretty well but it does mix it up too much. Some good stuff is played then the DJ will play something "rock"

that clears the floor. Man, come on! Where's MasterWeb when I need him! Do not play crap that clears the floor. Period.

I see it all the time here. Gotta give my homie DJ Slip the filipino props here. He is here most nights and is a terrific wax DJ.

Nuff said.

Comments:

I have to say Pure is still almost the perfect place to party it up in Vegas. I dig this establishment! It is well maintained, clean,

and well managed. I fell you cannot go wrong with bringing the group of peeps VIP style or flying in with a buddy or 2 to pick up.

But $30 entrance! Holy moly!

Venue: Tryst

Night You Atttended: Dec 30

Normal Hours or Afterhours: Normal Hours

Rating: -50 The worst club experience I have ever had in my entire life. From the staff, the club, and its ambience.

Drinks: 7. They make drinks, is that sufficient?

Crowd: 7. A little on the snobby side, somewhat like the Newport Beach crowd, a false sense of entitlement.

Staff: 0. Wouldn't know how to run a club if it hit them on the head. Definitely amateur night.

Music: 8. If you've been to one major club in vegas, you've hit them all. The music in vegas caters to its diverse population of those who attend. They keep it as mainstream and as diverse as possible.

Other

Notes: Tryst has a design flaw where the restrooms are in one end of a far corner, which makes it backed up to traffic jams. I saw patrons urinating in the trees nearby because the distance & crowd is too great. It makes for a rather unenjoyable experience. There are much better clubs in Vegas to go to, which will be more enjoyable for all.

PS I know its 07... but need to get the word out.

Hey Ed, how the hell did you remember all of that? When I was their last august I forgot half the stuff I did the night before . Well I do remember but it was vague. LOL

Anyway, thanks for the review. I am coming out for Memorial Weekend this year and planned on hitting the two clubs that you mentioned.

scott,

I used to go to Vegas all the freakin time. 10-12 per year.

And I used to hate not remembering crap the next day. (booze) :beer:

So that past year I have been putting in extra effort to remember stuff.

If I wasn't drinking it would be easier but :finger: that!

lalate,

The THREAD!! ADMIN... plz make this a STICKY!

Thx

I here ya ed. We are trying to figure out how we are going to do it this year. Last year i remember feeling like total crap everyday. The second night their, I did not even make it out till midnight and started out with coffee.

Once we hit a club, it was on again and then i felt even worse the next day. You get so wrapped up in that atmosphere that nothing matters.

It is going to be really hard to take it easy Sat night this year on memorial weekend so i can arrive early for Rehab (sunday) and ejoy it.

If anyone has any really good hangover remedies, let me know. seriously.

I stay in pretty good shape and do not drink that often but when i get out their , It's on.

If anyone has any really good hangover remedies, let me know. seriously.

I stay in pretty good shape and do not drink that often but when i get out their , It's on.

1. Full meal earlier, no late buffet, with coffee

2. Sleep extra before going to Vegas.

3. Stagger the drinks if you are partying 7 pm to 6 am like I did.

4. Dont shoot something you never shoot back home. No matter how hot, the shot girls are you meet, even when it is a free shot for promotions (like Jet on Monday last week), stay away from the shot

5. If you are going to shoot, try to do it only at the beginning (unless your body is use to shoot late in the evening)

6. Dont eat throughout the night

7. If you are going to eat before afterhours, eat something simple.

8. Dont dehydrate. Try to have drink that has a water base to it.

9. Avoid cream drinks (my GOD I have never seen so many cream drinks at Tryst being drank in my life).

10. Avoid whip cream drinks (bad for digestion).

11. Dance dance dance.

Overall, if you eat ahead of time, stay hydrated, dont do things to your body is not use to, dance, you can get away with drinking alot and recouping perfectly the next day.

I always try to remember to drink as much water as I can before crashing. That way I don't wake up so dehydrated which is why you wake up hung-over.

I usually down 24 oz. of H2O and more in the morning.

If I still feel like crap, I take one or more of the following:

1. excedrin

2. bloody mary

3. 1 beer (your favorite)

4. menudo

Cheers :beer:

Pure has long made a major significant effort of keeping their floors clean... shockingly so in fact... I think they've actually won an award or two for the cleanest floors. From they day they opened they've always had the guys "skating" about with the cleaning towels on their feet.

Not to say there haven't been sticky nights there, but it's never been something that's stuck (ha!) out in my mind about Pure.

Complaining about cost of drinks or cover charges? Hello, you're talking about the most in-demand spots on the Strip. If you want cheap drinks and free cover, head down to Fremont Street. Or better yet, a roadhouse in Death Valley.

All the talk of hangover cures and recommendations for how to drink all night... does this really belong in a thread intended to be a "review of Vegas?"

Once again, if anyone has pull with mods, make this into a sub-forum rather than a giant, meandering thread... I've asked the mods a few times and gotten no response whatsoever.

Complaining about cost of drinks or cover charges? Hello, you're talking about the most in-demand spots on the Strip. If you want cheap drinks and free cover, head down to Fremont Street. Or better yet, a roadhouse in Death Valley.

I couldn't agree with you more, granted I hate paying like 5 dollars or more for a beer and maybe 8-10 dollars for a mixed drink, assuming that is what it costs for mixed drinks these days at the clubs in Vegas, but what are you going to do right, just as greenie puts, I guess you head to fremont, gamble and get free drinks or if you are like me, do some research and you will find places to go and get cheap drinks or at least cheaper than the clubs.

VEGAS BABY! can't wait, will be town starting Wed the 31st.

I need to know where the HOUSE MUZIK is! Please list any clubs that cater to house music...

thanks

Let's see from reading enough posts on here, I might be able to help you out with where to go for House Music.

Empire Afterhours

Drais Afterhours

Jet has a room with house music

I believe Body English, Pure and Tangerine both play house music in a seperate room, although I think Pure and Tangerine have outdoor patios and that is where you will hear house music.

Maybe Studio 54 on Thursday nights plays house music also, not sure.

I'm sure you will get other help or advise from other people on here.

pure does on the patio--but it isnt loud and the dj only knew 1 song when i was telling him what was out lol--diff sense of music out there

As a DJ you gotta love it when people think they know more than you do. Yet, your the one with the gig in LAS VEGAS at PURE!

I live and breath in LA. Not Boulder, Ft Lauderdale, or some other small American town... Los Angeles. I know how much drinks cost!

I have been coming to Vegas before I was 21... even more frequently after I turned 21, 13 years ago. And I used to live in Vegas for a short time.

So you can see, I used to pay $4 for a drink and $3 for a beer at ALL of these places. I remember paying <$150 for a bottle. It's just surprising to ME how much people, you, your friends, and me included will pay these days. That's all.

Just because you live in Miami and pay $20 or whatever for a Tang & tonic, doesn't make Vegas inexpensive to those who do not pay that much and EXPECT $10 drinks.

BTW, If I wanted cheap drinks and no cover, I'd go to PT's Pub. I understand I am paying MORE due to location and Wall Street.

:beer:

pure does on the patio--but it isnt loud and the dj only knew 1 song when i was telling him what was out lol--diff sense of music out there

"Out there" -- so where are you from?

Of course there's a different sense of music in Vegas, at least with regards to house/EDM. Every major clubbing city in the world has a different sense of music, and local DJs tailor their sound to match what the crowd wants. The sound in Vegas is going to be as different from NYC as Miami is from Amsterdam.

The sheer amount of new house tracks that are released every single week makes it impossible for any DJ to know the majority of what people ask him for -- especially as most decent house rooms don't want their DJs playing the kind of vocal house that flirts with radio play can be found on sale at a Best Buy in Oklahoma City.

Finally, keep in mind that a lot of DJs will claim to not know (or have) particular tracks as a simple way to avoid requests.

Bottom line is that a DJ should only be judged by the music they play, given the requirements of the venue and the crowd.

you sound like a REAL pussy..maybe Vegas isn't the place for you

I really didn't want to go this year but it is one of my first friends to take the plunge so I dont really have a choice. I wanted to do something different this year rather than get cracked out for 3 nights straight, bang hookers and losing my money gambling. I'm sure I will probably end up dropping atleast another $2,000 on drugs, gambling and whores so all in all probably a $3,000 trip for 3 nights...woo hoo!!!

No buddy, maybe vegas isn't the place for you ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^