Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Worst Club Song Of All Time

cgm

Originally posted by djtzonix:

i personally think that if any house song that is played in a club, then later on is played on the radio...like zombie nation....sandstorm....i turn to you....thats when i think that is the worst house song of all time

you are sooo right

------------------

they know what they know but they dont know what they know..what the f@@#8!

INRI is the bomb actually... one of the best true tribal tracks out in a year or so... It's mixed down so well it sounds like an import smile.gif

Originally posted by tranza:

Everything he made after Walk For Me is crap..

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

1/19 - NAMM, Los Angeles

1/27 - Arena, ALbany NY

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

Sat Feb. 3rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by russ reign:

INRI is the bomb actually... one of the best true tribal tracks out in a year or so... It's mixed down so well it sounds like an import smile.gif

I disagree.. They tried pushing that record on me at Beyond Bass.. I wanted to throw it across the street.. Poor excuse for a tribal track.. ( This is comming from a true tribal house head )..I think it's weak..

.."Walk, walk, walk, and walk"

------------------

..It Wasn't Me..

Worst six tunes (in no particular order) would have to be:

1) Zombie Nation

2) Storm Animal

3) that bloody bullet song (dunno what it's called)

4) sandstorm

5) power of love

6) Let me be your fantasy (new garage remix)

Some of the best include original let me be your fantasy, franchino 999, Heart of Asia, Beautfiul, and all by Lashes, PinUp, BK and Savage! smile.gif

------------------

Stay Twisted :)

uhhh,, people seem to keep attacking saying "Everyone liked Zombie Nation when it came out" -Didnt I say that in my original thread-and I NEVER liked fire wire or somewhere over the rainbow-oh yeah, and two more I have to add are "Unchained Melody" and I agree with whoever said "Arabian Pleasures"

Ah, a topic I know all too well.

Here's the North Coast's most-hated songs:

1. Cher--Believe (all mixes)

2. Eiffel 65--Blue

3. Vengaboys--anything at all by them

4. Run DMC vs. Jason Nevins--It's Like That (Jason's Battle Blaster)

*yes, on rare occasions a DJ will lose common sense and throw it on there. It clears a club REAL fast now.

5. Amber--Sexual: Li Da Di (Thunderpuss Club Mix)

*We call this one the Stripper's Anthem. However the KLM Vocal Remix is good to my ears, sort of a deeper Webster Hall-style sound.

6. Backstreet Boys--I Want It That Way (David Morales Club Mix and Wonder Dub)

*I don't care if all the big spinsters from Junior Vasquez to KLM to Hex Hector try it, NOTHING good ever comes out of the Backwash Brats, Nstink, Slutney Sleaze, Christina Bimbolera or O-Crap. NOTHING!

7. H.O.G. Presents Groovelines--Got To Dance Disco (The Navigators Mix and Club 69 Future Anthem)

*On mercifully rare occasions, this one will get dragged out of the trash heap.

8. Whitney Houston--It's Not Right But It's Okay (Thunderpuss Club Mix)

*I don't even put this one on any of the tapes I make.

Now as for some of the songs previously named--

1. Zombie Nation's "Kernkraft 400" is still going here as the current "must dance" track. Sorry!

2. I almost bough Destiny's Child's "Jumpin' Jumpin'" last week at Camelot. Thanks for making sure I don't! Besides, the Victor Calderone remix of "Independent Women" was more than enough.

3. Yankee Doodle Dandy? That one hasn't hit here yet. Should I duck if it comes?

4. Only one club in town I know of even plays Peter Rauhofer's Club Mix of the Eurhythmics "17 Again".

5. Hey! I actually own Hani, Kim English and Tamia--but to my credit I did sell Eiffel 65's "Blue" remixes as soon as it was played in the clubs here.

Someone said that as soon as good stuff gets played on the radio, it quickly becomes passe. Well, we don't have that problem here--none of the North Coast radio stations want anything to do with dance music at all. Most are either bad `70s, hip-hop/R&B/soul, heavy metal, cheesy `80s, or whatever MTV says is popular at that nanosecond. Ever since the conglomerates invaded a few years back, I haven't even bothered to turn on my clock radio. However, my CD collection (sorry kids--I don't fuss with Napster) seesm to have exploded to over 830 items.

cwm17.gif

------------------

Erick Adam "E-rock" Sanders

I wouldn't say this was particularly bad, but I was listening to a friend prepare a set for tonight and he made the strangest mix I have ever heard.

He's decided to call it 'CHILDSPLAY' and it's dedicated to everybodies inner child and our love of clubbing. Admittedly I was dancing round the room to it.

It started off with the theme tune to Thomas the tank engine (stay with me here people), and then went into the darkest, deepest trance I have ever heard. Then he picked the beats up and kept shoving bits of Aqua's 'Barbie Girl' into it. As a grand finalie he slid bob the builder's banging number one tune in. Amazingly the whole thing really worked and sounded quite.... well, good. Like I said, strange but true!

------------------

Stay Twisted :)

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by djustinh:

im prolly gonna get killed for this.. hehe but I hate "17 Again" in a LOUD club, her voice just screaches... but its ok just bumpin in the car... sorry!!! cwm6.gif

hahaha i also hate that damn song soo much too, its soo anoying, its liek stfu already...with ur 17 again over and over and over....

cwm23.gif

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Exit, Tunnel & SoundFactory r the places to be ;o)

Whoever said darude-sandstorm on this thread IS ON CRACK. I played that song in new york, phillie, and jersey, and people go friggin nuts on the dancefloor. I agree that DJjean-the launch was horrible, and that stupid mix of the jeopardy game show theme is the worst.

Hi,

I agree on zombie nation, but just 'cause its been played a lot, it was the same with "knights of the jaguar" (UR 49), but actually after a while they will turn into classics, but its always sad to see good songs being overplayed in bad context (radio). I'd personally go for eiffel 65, too, but as you wouldn't hear it in a club over here, that doesn't count, so I'd have to go for the whitney houston - it's not right, but its ok rmx(?). heard that at the ohm, and thought *wow, is this the famous nyc nightlife ???* the mix I think of had all the vocals included, it was horrible, couldn't play that in a decent club over here, people would drag you away from the turntables smile.gif)

Yo stitch, whats the german scene like? Do they play those germain progressive tracks, or trance? Plus, Ohm is more of a lounge to relax with co-workers. When you're in NY, you should have checked out the superclubs like exit, twilo, sound factory, tunnel, world, or webster hall. They're all different, but good in their own way.

Most of the songs in this post are phat but got played out (Sandstorm, most Plasmic Honey, Zombie Nation, etc.), however...

Bullet in the Gun (or whatever it's called)

has always made me want to run for the nearest exit from the very first time I ever heard it.

MHO,

BSG

------------------

But Mama, that's where the fun is

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001