Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Necessary IS sleep?

joeg

. . . I think the max I've ever gone without is like 5 days or something . . very interesting how your view of the world changes . . It's almost like things take on a completely different texture. . Now mind you, that was a darker part of my existence back then, and chemicals came into play . . but would say that it was a very enlightening experience . . showing me that the brain can cook some really REALLY odd shit up when it wants to . . even without the substances . .

i need sleep to function each day...at least 6-7 hours...don't wanna kill off any of my patients at work, ya know?

also, sleep is a way for your body to rest and re-energize itself to get it ready for whatever it is you need to do the next day...

:heart:

Originally posted by joeg

Rob: so you're saying if you don't sleep much, you'll only remember most things in your short term until it gets overwritten? Thats interesting....

. . . I should be able to come up with some kind of computer analogy for this one, but I'm at a loss for words at the moment. . :tongue:

How much sleep do you need to function properly? Edison considered sleep waste, slept only an average 3 hours a day. But his brain could handle it fine, all his inventions being the best proof of it. But Einstein, on the other hand, needed 10-11 hours to rest his brain. So it depends on the person. I've tried both, the 3-4 hour sleep pattern definitely doesn't work for me, after 4-5 months I was so shot I couldn't do anything right. Now I stick with a good 8-hours of sleep every day.

And I'm really surprised about the 11 day world record. When I was writing my senior thesis, I had a very strict deadline, and stayed up 5 days straight (without any substances), and could go longer if it was needed. I'd expect the world record be much higher than that.

Speaking of sleep.. I didn't get any last night because I was up studying like 13 chapters of fucking neuroscience & I had a doubled-up exam at 8am this morning, and now I'm STILL sitting here studying for another final (the last one thank GOD!) which consists entirely of essay questions in my dreaded class: Cognition at noon. FUCK SCHOOL! Now I have like no sleep, and I have to go to the club 2nite.. I'm gonna die around 2am (that's PATHETIC) but my body just can't take it.. :( :( :(

I WANT MY SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usualy dont sleep....or if i do....3-4 hours a night.

But then i crash...like i did last night...13 hours of oblivious sleep.

Now I feel fooken great!

Sleep is good...especially with a double queen bed, silk sheets, and two body pillows

Yeah...sleep is for the weak ZZzzz....