Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which is worse to lose???

dgmodel

Guest danni133
Originally posted by suthrnbelle

exactly, danni...my BestFriend knows more about me than anyone ever will and has been there for me through too much for it to be less than disaster if something ever happened...

I like u already girl :D

IMO, it's a hard call, I "lost" my best freiend because of my boyfriend at the time... I would love to have both of them, but in the end, I wound up with neither...... Your friends are your friends and that 's the way it should be.... Some people come in and out of your life, but, it's doesn't mean your world should stop...

• 2 months later...

the two cannot be put on the same level, there are things that both gf and a friend posess that cannot be seen in both at the same time. I would have to say that both scenarios are equially hard, but hey if you decide to stop the relationship between friend/gf than there has to be a damn good reason for your actions. loosing PEOPLE sucks ass.

"in a past year you lost a lover and a friend, you also gained a few lovers and friends. I gained some lovers but I haven't gained a friend. it's like my career on a scale of 1 to 10 is it a 9 and personal life is at a 2. " - bababooee.

Originally posted by dgmodel

what if that person was both??? i think thats the worst scenario...

:(thats gotta be the worst. thats happened to me a few times. cuz it seems whenever i have a serious gf..they always become my best friend too. and when we break up, they always say they wanna remain best friends.

but it never happens. they always fade away. the friendship never lasts. so on top of losing ur gf, and goin thru all that pain, now u lost ur best friend, the closest person to u, in however long that relationship lasted.

its such a horrible feeling. cuz its lonely when u lose that special person, and there just seems to be no one else left :(

Originally posted by xtcgspot

:( thats gotta be the worst. thats happened to me a few times. cuz it seems whenever i have a serious gf..they always become my best friend too. and when we break up, they always say they wanna remain best friends.

but it never happens. they always fade away. the friendship never lasts. so on top of losing ur gf, and goin thru all that pain, now u lost ur best friend, the closest person to u, in however long that relationship lasted.

its such a horrible feeling. cuz its lonely when u lose that special person, and there just seems to be no one else left :(

you just summed it up perfectly for me right now :(

i will say that i have been able to maintain some sort of friendsihp with my ex's, but it has always come with time. and its never the same as it once was. (sigh)

dgmodel nice sandals... with this Jesus post... coming back from the dead...

yeah yeah,... pardon me for digging this one up. i am hving some inner conflict right now. so shoot me :blown:

jenny, we'll talk.

boyfriend...because a friend will always be there for you and help you when you need it forever if they are one of those few people you encounter in life that you can trust completely and totally...men and women come and go...

from my persepective

i've lost both, but i never looked back too much. my life was and is still a hard life. i've learned to live with many things that lets say a normal person can't live without (im not saying im not normal).

since i moved to us when i was 8 and now im back in romania, i deff have a different persepective towards life and how to manage my life. some tings are indeed hard, but you learn to cope with these things in life and when it gets better you only hope that you'll have a normal situation in life.

• 3 weeks later...

if youre the type of person who has been used by the opposite sex, and therefore tends to use those you are in relationships with, it would probably be unequivically worse to lose a best friend. Thats not my situation at all...

In my case I can definately say losing my girl would devastate me. I care for her in so many ways. She is a best friend, a lover and the owner of my heart:love:

losing a friend is worse..ive experienced that too many times in life. it sux when u grow up with someone and theyre no longer there.

theres many more bonds to break with an old friend than there is with a GF or BF...the bonds u created with them are (for the most part) recent and dont compare to the 10 or whatever years of bonds uve created with ur friend

Originally posted by klohe

best friend....gf/bf are easy to come by, but having a friend that understands you and cares for you like a "best" friend does is harder to find....

i agree. i also think that although it might hurt more initially to lose your bf/gf, in the long run youre going to miss your friend more. i guess it depends on the relationship you had with both. me and my ex were best friends and losing him was pretty tough but now im completely over him, whereas if i had lost my best girlfriend im sure i would still miss her all the time.