Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Used or alone?

neptune1

if i knew i was getting played i'd get the fuck out.. FAST

a relationship is not about being with someone for the sake of having someone its about being with someone you care about, want to spend time with and most importantly someone who will respect you as much as you respect them. :)

Originally posted by mssabina

there is no worse than being played and used by a person you open your heart to... i'd much rather be alone...not being in a realtionship is not the end of the world...

tha mssa said it;)

Plus, think of all the freedom you'd get by being single!

here's my answer-

if you know you're being used, you can treat the relationship for what it is...

I've slept with someone who was seeing someone else and it served its purpose I suppose for a period of time.

I dont think I could do that again.

I hate using people, that is SO not cool:blown:

Originally posted by neptune1

here's my answer-

if you know you're being used, you can treat the relationship for what it is...

I've slept with someone who was seeing someone else and it served its purpose I suppose for a period of time.

I dont think I could do that again.

I hate using people, that is SO not cool:blown:

but you really call that a relationship?

Originally posted by neptune1

If you had a choice, would you rather be in a relationship where you thought/knew you were being played or would you rather just be alone?

Tuff one

I know exactly how you feel. I'm in a relationship now where I don't know if I'm being played, but because of my sickness (co-dependency) and her constant lying about other things in the past, I always fear whether I'm being played. Maybe this makes sense. If you know you're being played, get out! If you just have a feeling, ask yourself why you have that feeling, and based on that, choose whether or not to get out. Right now, I'm trying to work on my problem with codependency. If I fix that, but I still feel the fear, it's over.

Originally posted by jy

question..

if you knew you were being played why is it so tuff to leave?

Because you love the person so much and you can't imagine living without him/her.

As far as I know, my girlfriend never cheated on me, but she played me in another way (to me, lying about anything or going against the person in any way is pretty much playing) I still can't get over it and I asked myself why I just don't dump her, but things have changed and I can't imagine living without her. Now, if she cheated on me, that would be a different story. It would be over!

Originally posted by jy

if i knew i was getting played i'd get the fuck out.. FAST

a relationship is not about being with someone for the sake of having someone its about being with someone you care about, want to spend time with and most importantly someone who will respect you as much as you respect them. :)

i totally agree with you...i couldnt have said it better.. it may be hard to leave a relationship that you've been in for a long time or even a short time, but i can't understand why some girls, including one of my best friends, choose to stay with guys who treat them like crap...shes pretty, smart, great personality, but for some reason she can never be alone, she'd rather stay witht his guy who insults her all the time, never takes her out by herself, he's so verbally abusive i want to smack him...but she "loves" him...it makes me sick...

it totally sucks.. but the only way you can realize that is through experience. I've been there, I lived through a two year relationship where i got disrespected all the time. When you're in it you don't know any better it's when you finally get out that you make sense of it all and know better for the next time.

~~~if i know im getting played (like cheated on) ill consider a few things....1. how long have i been with this person and how do i feel for them....if not long ill stay BUT only if #2.

2. sex is good....i know its not really a relationship but i can still get some while searching for something better.......

my theory is "U DONT MOVE OUT OF THE OLD APARTMENT TILL U FIND A NEW ONE"

if it is someone i love ill get out thats complete disrespect an dit wont go anywhere i want i to go......id rather be alone in that case

Originally posted by sexxyh

my theory is "U DONT MOVE OUT OF THE OLD APARTMENT TILL U FIND A NEW ONE"

i'm going to have to disagree with you there, i wouldn't be able to sleep with a guy who i know slept with someone else while with me.

it's just a respect thing and sleeping with him would just make me feel more degraded. Once the cheater is caught, confesses or whatever he's out the door.

Originally posted by jy

question..

if you knew you were being played why is it so tuff to leave?

BC HE IS NOT BEING PLAYED!!! He just has insecurities about himself, that he likes to take out on other ppl instead of talking to the one person he should :mad:

Definatly alone, whats the point of statying with the person which degrades you in such a way. Unles of course, you two reached an agreement that you are free to sleep around with people, bu then again that wouldn't be considered a relationship.