Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny vs Danny review....GREAT and bad...

First time out in awhile & it was def. worth the $40. ~ Music was sick, def. way too crowded, the people fucking behind the speakers bugged me out a little but its all good. Great seeing you guys again, also nice meeting all the new faces :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was one of my best clubbing nights ever. There are few that could even touch it. The first half of the night was really just a big sweatbox which helped in weeding out all the suckers who weren't there for the real deal. The afterhours sick ass beats of Danny Tegliano ;) .

At around 5 or 6 the club became very comfortable. Plenty of room to move around and it cooled off quite a bit. They definitely need to be a little more generous with the Nitrous because it was fucking hot all night and they only blasted it a few times and at inopportune moments. I think the light guy who handles that needs some practice with it.

Howells' ealier set was just a very slow and gradual warmup for DT as the main event. That man came out with a serious gameplan and tore the fucking room up working the new Phazon in every possible way. Good fucking lord he was on point.

Howells' second set was much more banging then his first, and he got a lot more tribaly and housy too. I really like some of those tribal beats he dropped.

Tenaglia's final set was UNBELIEVABLE once again. Those 2 tracks from Back to Basics CD2 were :eek: :eek: . I left at around 10:30 because Shannon had a bad headache. Wish I could have closed it as I am sure he gave all you closers a real treat, but I definitely got my money's worth and had an incredible night.

originally posted by hitokiri24

the grapes were damn good ... did stackers 3 redbulls an still was nocked the fawk out tho i did catch was it dt or dh play prodigy that was sic as shit marty knows what im talkin bout

DH, and he dropped it right as they unleashed a blast of that dry ice shit that lasted for 30 sec straight, and filled up the entire floor..i was right under the ball and the feeling was fawkin amazing!

btw, to all who complained about last night, you're all entitled to your opinions, but CMON, these are two of the worlds sickest DJ's banging it out on Phazon in the club they BOTH call home, what the hell are you people expecting from these guys..yea it was crowded(nothing compared to how Twilo used to get) and some people did take drugs ( myself was sober on two red bulls from 11:30 - 12:30) but its nothin new, so in sum, just deal with it...:nopity:

To all those who arent negative nancies, wasnt that an AMAZIN night, vibe was sick, venue renovations were impressive(Twilo anyone)and the music was bangin..especially the last set DT dropped after twelve noon to close it out..and to top it all off, i turned 20 today, which made the party that much more special...i dont really shout names because by now, you know who you are..

andy, sorry about your grandma, and that you couldn't make, we missed ya in there..

well, its back to sleep for me...still cant feel my legs and lovin every second of it!

Originally posted by clubmouse

DH, and he dropped it right as they unleashed a blast of that dry ice shit that lasted for 30 sec straight, and filled up the entire floor..i was right under the ball and the feeling was fawkin amazing!

btw, to all who complained about last night, you're all entitled to your opinions, but CMON, these are two of the worlds sickest DJ's banging it out on Phazon in the club they BOTH call home, what the hell are you people expecting from these guys..yea it was crowded(nothing compared to how Twilo used to get) and some people did take drugs ( myself was sober on two red bulls from 11:30 - 12:30) but its nothin new, so in sum, just deal with it...:nopity:

To all those who arent negative nancies, wasnt that an AMAZIN night, vibe was sick, venue renovations were impressive(Twilo anyone)and the music was bangin..especially the last set DT dropped after twelve noon to close it out..and to top it all off, i turned 20 today, which made the party that much more special...i dont really shout names because by now, you know who you are..

andy, sorry about your grandma, and that you couldn't make, we missed ya in there..

well, its back to sleep for me...still cant feel my legs and lovin every second of it!

U R THE MAN....Mouse...props...i totally agree..i was alllllll up in that CO2 blast..looooooooooooooooovin it!!

Originally posted by legend38

Well me and Deb finally got to the club around 230. We met Alan,Mike,Art,and Steve who informed us of the 50 dollar cover which was supposed to be increased to 70. The bouncers seemed like they were trying to persuade people to get off of the line, so we just left.

Heard it was a sick night, glad you all had fun. :)

very eventful night... lol.. it was still fun tho... 1:15-6am... i don't get it Larry... ?

Originally posted by djjonstephen

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah.................Fuckin Twilo

Nice to finally meet you bro, and whoever else I met, can't remember.

I had a sick time!!! And I can't even begin to coment on two things:

1. heat

2. hairy old guy

Left at 8 because my friends girl got sick:mad: And I just got a great second wind and had some room to dance.

Happy Birthday :bday::party:

about firemarshals: well, they were actually cops, but i was hanging near the entrance to the hallways and 2 or 3 times some cops were brought in my the security to check out the crowding. that's why they were encouraging people off the lines and why the opened up the entire hallway for people.

my only complaint: get some more fucking fans in their!!! how difficult or expensive could that possibly be?

had a great time considering the crowd and all.

right there with you...

i just got chills!!!

I am not one of those negative nancies ..... yeah, it was hot, yeah it was crowded .... but regardless, the night was amazing with some many more positives than negatives. And with time, the crowd thinned out, the temps dropped and there were still hours left to dance my ass off!!

I was considering not going at times BUT I am SO thankful to myself for getting my ass in gear and making the trip from Philly to be there. Best decision I have made in a long time!!

the negativity on this thread sucks nuts........we all gota realize "our" little vinyl with its intimate setting is GONE!!...

the phazon itself is goan bring in bigger crowds...everyone is finally hearing about this place...and its about fucking time..i could care less that it was crowded..what the fuck...u guys ever hear about feeding off the collective energy that was in that place?...

i dont understand how u guys can consider urselves purists and clubbers and then bitch and moan about a crowd...or drugs...or rude ppl...or lack of A/C...FUCK IT!! it comes with the territory...block that shit out of ur mind and keep it moving!

i didnt stop dancin from 1-9 and i was running on water and MUSIC.. block out all the shit that bothers u...yes..it does piss us all off..but DEAL WITH IT

I got there at 12:30 1/4 til 1, and the guy I went with is friends with the security so no wait in line but still had to pay the 30 to get in, DH's set was good, but didn't rock me. I did dance (for what room there was to dance in) but it didn't get me moving like DT. That guy just amazed me. I stayed til the very end 1:00PM, and the last 15 min was awesome, Dropped Micheal Jackson's "man in the mirrow" and was a crazy mix some disco song that I just can't remember the name of, and then ended it all with the acappella mix of "safe from harm" Then afterwards got to meet the man and thank him for a wonderful night and great tunes. If only I could've grabbed that damn record bag.

Originally posted by theory

they should make a rule about guys keeping their shirts on.

My review: This was the first time that I have been out to Vinyl/Arc in a LOOOOOONNNG time mainly due to the fact that I did not like Vinyl as a venue. It always felt to me like someone just puked in the corner. Anyway, we got there early (around 12.20am) and when we entered the club I was like WOW...that looks soooo different. We immediately went on the dance floor and let Howells take us away. I was amazed, the air felt fresh and cool (finally I could breath in that club) and yes, we had space to dance :) I had a great time... just going at it for about 2 hours....Howells was amazing!!!!!

Then Tenaglia came on and it gave the whole party a bit of a...well, how do I put this best without people jumping up and down my throat...well, it actually broke up the whole flow as both have very different styles and none could evolve much as they were pulled back by the other person. Anyway, I still enjoyed myself up to the point that the place got sooooo packed and I was unable to move. Now coming back to the guys without shirts....ok, I do understand that you are hot and need to cool down...so does anyone else. BUT, I'm only 5.3ft and I can't stand having some sweaty arm or shoulder touching my face constantly while dancing....I really HATE that!!!! So PLEASE, put those shirts back on or at least take them only off when it's not as crowded and you can leave enough space between you and the short girls next to you....:mad:

Other than that, I had a great time and I think that I'll make Arc my new monthly residency... the same time Howells does his so we can enjoy that night together... :D

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

the negativity on this thread sucks nuts........we all gota realize "our" little vinyl with its intimate setting is GONE!!...

the phazon itself is goan bring in bigger crowds...everyone is finally hearing about this place...and its about fucking time..i could care less that it was crowded..what the fuck...u guys ever hear about feeding off the collective energy that was in that place?...

i dont understand how u guys can consider urselves purists and clubbers and then bitch and moan about a crowd...or drugs...or rude ppl...or lack of A/C...FUCK IT!! it comes with the territory...block that shit out of ur mind and keep it moving!

i didnt stop dancin from 1-9 and i was running on water and MUSIC.. block out all the shit that bothers u...yes..it does piss us all off..but DEAL WITH IT

well said.

the thing that makes me sad is that i don't think this party will retain that vibe for very long. like you said, it will get big very fast and there will be more and more ppl in there who will bitch and moan and not give a damn about the music.

but in the meantime, we can appreciate what we have at arc.:)

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i like where youre comin from, but i think that the Vinyl purists need to calm down and relax for a few min.....last night wasnt a Friday DT BE Yourself party, and it wasnt a Saturday DH party...it was a combo party that I bet had a lot of people expecting a Cox/Tenaglia at Twilo event (DT even mentioned it when he showed up last night)

what im saying is, you had a lot of people who dont regularly go to Vinyl there last night (myself included) just to check it out....your vibe will still be there on Fridays....and i dont really understand people complaining about being given a better light and sound system to their favorite hangout...i hated the filthyness of the old Vinyl and never wanted to go...I might actually return to the new one.....

as far as the crowdedness, shirts off, etc....Yeah it was hot, but it wasnt anywhere near as hot OR crowded as I've seen it at the Jersey shore at Tempts, or at SF on a theme night....you have to learn to take the good with the bad when you go out..if you get a lil sweaty, so what? if you rub up against a shirtless meathead, deal with it.....if you are there to enjoy yourself you will do so no matter what:clap:

BG

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

People fucking behind the speakers......The fruit at 8 was a godsend......Thats all I think.....:)

:laugh: :laugh: I swear, I thought that girl was gonna start grabbing me in her pleasure... :laugh: As Robin said, it was the phazon doing half the work... when those two got home that poor girl was gonna be in for a disappointment!!!

Anyhoo, I have to say I have mixed feelings abt the night... overall I had a good time but from about 4-8 I was positively miserable from the heat- it's the first time I nearly threw up because I was too hot! (And yes, I was sober)

Howells's set did not impress me- it was good earlier, about 2 or so, but after that it mellowed out too much for me. Even tho some looked at me like I had two heads when I said this, I heard some huge Howells fans who echoed the sentiment. DT, needless to say, ripped that shit up.

The new sound system was great, and the nitrous was amazing (even if they didn't use it often enough!) but other than that the renovations didn't really amaze me. Everyone keeps saying "Twilo, Twilo!" but I don't see it. I think you should just take it for what it is and not try to compare the two clubs.

I was there about 6:00, there was no line at all . . . some kid came around the corner with a radio in one hand SCREAMING at the top of his lungs "fifty F' n dollars at 6:00am, this is BullS**T" I ended up not even going inside the place . .$50.00 . . . being so. so, so tired from going out before hand . . I said another day, another time . . . I have yet to experience the new ARC yet, I can't wait to pop my cherry!!

Stone:eek:

Originally posted by ibclubbin

i like where youre comin from, but i think that the Vinyl purists need to calm down and relax for a few min.....last night wasnt a Friday DT BE Yourself party, and it wasnt a Saturday DH party...it was a combo party that I bet had a lot of people expecting a Cox/Tenaglia at Twilo event (DT even mentioned it when he showed up last night)

what im saying is, you had a lot of people who dont regularly go to Vinyl there last night (myself included) just to check it out....your vibe will still be there on Fridays....and i dont really understand people complaining about being given a better light and sound system to their favorite hangout...i hated the filthyness of the old Vinyl and never wanted to go...I might actually return to the new one.....

as far as the crowdedness, shirts off, etc....Yeah it was hot, but it wasnt anywhere near as hot OR crowded as I've seen it at the Jersey shore at Tempts, or at SF on a theme night....you have to learn to take the good with the bad when you go out..if you get a lil sweaty, so what? if you rub up against a shirtless meathead, deal with it.....if you are there to enjoy yourself you will do so no matter what:clap:

BG

For the first time I actually agree with you........

Originally posted by bebby6919

very eventful night... lol.. it was still fun tho... 1:15-6am... i don't get it Larry... ?

LOL

For being lost half the time, for having both our bladders near explosion, for circling Arc 12 x to try to find parking, and for finally getting there only to leave, I still had a good time. :confused:;)

Imagine if we went in ! :)

Originally posted by roha3000

Last night was one of my best clubbing nights ever. There are few that could even touch it. The first half of the night was really just a big sweatbox which helped in weeding out all the suckers who weren't there for the real deal. The afterhours sick ass beats of Danny Tegliano ;) .

Tenaglia's final set was UNBELIEVABLE once again. Those 2 tracks from Back to Basics CD2 were :eek: :eek: . I left at around 10:30 because Shannon had a bad headache. Wish I could have closed it as I am sure he gave all you closers a real treat, but I definitely got my money's worth and had an incredible night.

Sorry Sweetie :( I know you wanted to close, so did I god damn it! Fucking Migranes suck ass! ahem, I wonder why things got so much better around 5/6ish :tongue:

I agree it was one of the best nights in a really long time, for many reasons! Techno at centro was on point (even though the crowd should have been lined up and shot) atkins played to the crowd too much but beltram threw DOWN. whoever said his live sets werent good is a fucking retard.

I was a little overwhelmed by the crowd and heat when I walked in but it was totally worth it and the $50. The crew was in full effect. so much love. so much love. SO MUCH LOVE.

Tenaglia's set was definitely more energetic, but i think you guys are being kinda harsh on danny err howells. of course that might just be because I met him that night and he's like the sweetest guy ever! "I'm never washing my cheek again!"

Phunk: you are, in fact, the best rolling buddy ever. and you know this.

on a personal note, I had so many meaningful exchanges that night. I must say I am a lucky girl the have the people I have in my life that can share the music and the love with me. And I just keep finding more. I'm shocked every day at the continual flow of people with unique experience and good vibes.

(no I'm not still rollling)

muah

LM