Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jonathan Peters New Years Eve...exit

BobG

mike

with the proper knowledge (and equpitment) you can overcome the construction and audio profile of just about any space and make it sound pretty dam good.

Now you can wire up delay and EQ units to be controlled wirelessly from a wireless laptop, set the whole thing up standing on the dance floor instead of running to the rack and back and forth, save that profile, then tweek it again walking around after you get people in the space and the profile changs. Even in just the last year so many new 'toys' in this area.

And Deeper is planning the even then ya, if its being run like when he was @ SF you could roll up sunday afternoon and walk in.

Since i'm working new years eve till 1am anyway, i'm thinkin of maybe goin home taking a nap, and showing up around noon or 1PM myself

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BobG

not only is a new sound system being brought in for this event...

i believe the staff is also being supplied by deeper...remember folks..this is a deeper event..not an exit event..

That is the key right there.... if they bring in their own security it should be an excellent night.

good point bernie...

also, remember something here from Marvesi's standpoint--

Its not secret that he wants JP to become a resident at exit. he'd be crazy not to. But this party is a one time event and is no indicator that JP will ever spin exit again. So think about this:

Jonathan obviously cares about his crowd, he's the one who promised on the mic at Sahara that prices for NYE would be very low b/c he felt 75 for TGE was ridiculous. He definitely reads the feedback on his messageboard and others and if his people get treated like shit on NYE, he's gonna know about it.

I'd expect staff to be at a minimum as far as exit personell and let the Deeper staff run the party the way it should be run (as Bob has alluded to)

BUT--dont expect marvesi to relax the security checkpoints for drugs. NYC still wants to shut him down so searches for contraband obviously have to be tight.

Are typical exit full cavity searches while the staff curses at you and calls you a crackhead necessary, NO. But do expect to be searched as u would anywhere else.

I'd definitely like to head down there in the afternoon the next day. Bob imma give u a ring today...

Mike

Junior and his people had that system sounding very good. They have all the right gear in the place already. The space is hard to tune and you really need people that know wtf they are doing to make it work. If you look at the specs of the system its all there!

The space is great for big events but for a weekly party it sucks !

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by djgrod

Fuck Exit- JP's my fave DJ. And I won't step foot in that shithole to see him. I don't care if Exit payed ME $40 to go..... That place should be condemmd.:blown:

I had some good times at exit, it's fcuked up that they are a little sneaky at times but really it's not that baD

G what are you gonna do????

Originally posted by shortyrockrox

I had some good times at exit, it's fcuked up that they are a little sneaky at times but really it's not that baD

G what are you gonna do????

Dunno yet. J+T have a wedding that night, so I'm gonna be flyin solo that night. We'll see.... Maybe headin up to Hunter. (If I can spin, I got some things I've been working on, and I think everyone will be kinda shocked...:D )

Why are things so complicated by the cossip and drama or past things that have happend. I f you like great music and want to have a great time go to the party. Ultimatly you are the ones who make it what it is. Yea sometimes knuckle head bouncers and door men can fuck things up. This is not something I like but it is there and in every club you will go to.Some times when I go out I expect to run into a asshole or to at the door because they need that to feel good about themselves. They should not be there some clubs rent security or some guys bring friends to the job. The club or promoter or Johnaton for that matter cant screen every security guard and make sure he is the right guy or girl for the party. Everybody knows most club owners are assholes or just plain stupid. Maybe exit has a bad rap or had bad run all clubs have and always will. I myself have never been there. But I promise you this NOBODY WILL STOP ME BY TELLING ME THAT MARVISSI IS A DICK, THE CLUB SUCKS ,THE SYSTEM OR THE LIGHTS, THE DOOR MAN IS A DICK. The party ! Thats why we go and to be with our frinds. As for J.P. he is and has been a major influence to me. Somebody wrote "I love johnathon he is my favorite dj but I will not step foot in exit" If my favorite dj is playiny on nye for thirty fukin hours for fourty bucks you can count on seeing me there. Go have a good time with your frinds and listen to j.p. I will be looking foword to support both my nigga Bobby and a great fuking party, with a amazing dj,My boy and one of my best freinds Timmy is doing lights. On that note all of my frends will be at one place on nye 2004 this is going to be a party that will make a mark in our hearts. Thanks for putting this one together I have a stupid party to run probably see ya around 9am. NATIONLI.COM

I was the one who wrote that I will not be attending... And I have my reasons. Maybe if you had a bouncer @ Exit rip you off of over $100 because he said that you were dealing and yet you DIDN'T HAVE A THING ON YOU, AND NEVER DID THAT NIGHT. Then maybe you'd be a little leery about going back there too. The asshole bouncers/door @ Exit are the rule not the exception. I think it's great that JP kept his word and made the tickets cheap. But with Exit I'll beleive it when I see it that it's really $40. Another famous tactic is gouging the price @ the door. I paid the $75 to see JP @ Sahara so don't question my loyality to him. I'd pay $200 on NYE if it was @ ANY CLUB BUT EXIT. Like I said, Exit couldn't PAY ME to go. Why do most people consider Exit the worst club in the city, because of shit like this. And all the games that are played there.

Well G rod I feel for ya like I said bouncers can be straight up scumbags. I myself have been in some fuked up situations. There is nothing more scary then finding yourself alone in a club cornerd by security. Ask anybody that knows me they will tell ya will tell ya. How ever like I said friends ya got to know people stick with your freinds.Exit is not going to be the same Bobby is going to kick off a realy nice party and hopefully many more. And we both know and have witnessed security ruin a party. Im sure bob wont let the same mistake happen. If you change your mind let me know maybe I can work some magic for ya. We are a close bunch of friends of 150 maybe more. We probably know some of the same cats. Its going to be a great fukin party.Im sure I can guarente that security thing will never happen again did you tell any body about that? Who was throwing the party? wher are you from if you want come check out Nation fridays I promise know bouncers will fuck with you there.

Technojunkie, I herd you showed up at nation with frieinds that did not get in because of age? Next time you ask to speek to Jesse I will take care of it that is a promise. Mike mac and Peter Baily this friday. everybody is allowed in my house as long as you are cool and like good music. The only people I dont li ke or throw out are trouble makers or are a threat to the party Every tuesday there are meetings to get invollved theres always jobs available for every body to be part of the party. :party: :party: :party: NATIONLI.COM :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: jesse@nationli.com

Originally posted by berniec

Jesse-

how far from NYC is Nation?

Looked at some of the pics and it looks like a nice spot..what time u ppl close usually?

Without traffic it would probably take around 40 minutes....it is a nice party. You forget that you are in a LI club.

it sucks that Mike Mac & Peter are booked the same night everyone is at roxy-- that would be a great occasion for me to trek out to LI

But as far as things look now b/c the snow cancelled a few of my study sessions and i got final next week i am now behnd,

so roxy friday or Nation friday both dont look too good :(

Originally posted by djgrod

I was the one who wrote that I will not be attending... And I have my reasons. Maybe if you had a bouncer @ Exit rip you off of over $100 because he said that you were dealing and yet you DIDN'T HAVE A THING ON YOU, AND NEVER DID THAT NIGHT. Then maybe you'd be a little leery about going back there too. The asshole bouncers/door @ Exit are the rule not the exception. I think it's great that JP kept his word and made the tickets cheap. But with Exit I'll beleive it when I see it that it's really $40. Another famous tactic is gouging the price @ the door. I paid the $75 to see JP @ Sahara so don't question my loyality to him. I'd pay $200 on NYE if it was @ ANY CLUB BUT EXIT. Like I said, Exit couldn't PAY ME to go. Why do most people consider Exit the worst club in the city, because of shit like this. And all the games that are played there.

i've been there before brother.. my last exit visit was for scot project.. he didn't show up which killed the night bc i drove 4 hours down form college to see him... to add insult to injury i left my group to go to the bathroom and on my way there some bouncer starts pushing me and cursing at me telling me to hand over the fucking drugs.. brings me by the door and starts searching me claiming i dropped them somewhere.. he was telling me all sorts of bullshit like; i was a regular at exit, he caught me selling before... it scared the shit out of me... he told me to wait by this door and he disappeared for a few minutes.. i thought he was getting the cops, i was almost ready to just run out of the club but he came back and apologized.. not that it mattered.. i told him he scared the shit out of me and he ruined my night.. it was bad but im still gonna check out jp for nye.. 40 bucks is just too good to pass up

is this true? jp at exit on nye? bc exit was also supposed to have this major thanksgiv eve deal and it all went downhill... and $40 is less than they used to charge for most sf themes. so it all seems pretty sketchy, however, if it is true: jp at exit will be one of the hottest ways to spend the new year. regardless of how crappy the management is, exit is a hot spot. so maybe ill keep my fingers crossed? when do tix go on sale?